Windows 10: I keep getting the BSOD when I try and run some programs

Discus and support I keep getting the BSOD when I try and run some programs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The stop code is: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION What failed is : asmtxhci.sys Please help! 126609 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CoopD, Feb 4, 2019.

1. CoopD Win User

I keep getting the BSOD when I try and run some programs

The stop code is: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    What failed is : asmtxhci.sys

Please help!

:)

CoopD, Feb 4, 2019

2. Getting BSOD 0x124 error

Ignore what everone said here.

0x124 BSOD is usually related to VCCIO (VTT), run Prime95 version 26.6 with custom sizes of 512K to 640K with 50% of your memory for at least 8 hours.

If you get a 0x124 BSOD, increase VCCIO voltage by small steps, run Prime95 again until your stable.

If you pass Prime95 512K to 640K without a BSOD, then its Vcore too low. I'd suggest running IntelBurnTest with 80% of your memory to verify stability (8 to 12 hours).

Oh, and yeah, if this problem appeared all of the sudden, the reason is CPU degradation, you can prevent it by enabling C-States or adjust your overclock to use lower voltages.

Regeneration, Feb 4, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Feb 4, 2019
  4. Joe9090 Win User

Running Programs for a standard user

Hello

You mentioned checking the the box 'Run as Administrator'

This is the opposite of what I require ,I wanted to avoid running programs as admin . By unchecking 'Run As Administrator' I am still getting an admin credential verification prompt

Any further suggestions ?

Joe9090, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

1. I keep getting the BSOD when I try and run some programs - Similar Threads - keep getting BSOD

2. Keep getting different BSOD despite everything I try

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keep getting different BSOD despite everything I try: I keep getting different BSOD, i have updated all my drivers, i have ran SFC, virus scan, and other tests with no results. the most recent codes that have popped up are Stop Code: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Stop Code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION win32kbase.sys accompanied with...
  3. Programs keep freezing when I type unless I run it as Admin.

Programs keep freezing when I type unless I run it as Admin.: Hello! So I recently upgrade my PC to windows 10 from windows 7. Everything went smoothly until we started to use it. Every program freezes unless I open it as Administrator which I shouldn't because I am the Administrator. So I figured that is because of the permissions...
  4. When trying to Run: %temp% I get question what app to run.....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When trying to Run: %temp% I get question what app to run.....: ...In past files opened and i could Clear temp. Know i get question what app to use. Does anyone know how i can fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-trying-to-run-temp-i-get-question-what-app-to/3604324e-b700-48a9-8039-4c847ba5f140"
  5. I keep getting a BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I keep getting a BSOD: I get a BSOD with an iaStorA.sys driver_irql_not_less_or_equal error. iaStorA.sys file is a software component related to Intel Rapid Storage Technology. I have tried to find a fix for this. Every fix says buy this and when you but the software keeps saying to buy an...
  6. I keep getting bsods.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I keep getting bsods.: HELP! I keep getting bsods even though i downgraded to windows 7, still bluescreened and upgraded to windows 10 may 2019 update again. Please help me, I don't want to deal with the annoying bluescreen. This happened to me before but somehow i fixed it. But this time the...
  7. The program I am trying to run is "invisible"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The program I am trying to run is "invisible": I am opening this Launcher to install a game, but when I open it, it is invisible. I can still click buttons in the program, but I can't SEE it. I looked everywhere online and it is not working. Other programs run fine, but it is just this one. Could you help? I also tried...
  8. BSOD when I try and run sfc/scannow

BSOD when I try and run sfc/scannow: Great. The major problems were found and there are no more BSOD. See if you can complete all of the steps in post #2 so that you have tested the other computer components. When replacing RAM always use pairs of matching SKU. This website is useful for finding RAM...
  9. I keep crashing when I run a certain program

I keep crashing when I run a certain program: When I launch Rumble fighter, after the patching is done and the game is about to launch. I get the blue screen and it says "kmode exception not handled dump_wmimmc.sys" I'm not very good with computers please helpAttachment 51118 i7-4790K MSI GTX 970 Gaming Red Asrock...
  10. is there a program that can hide taskbar when i run some programs?

in Windows 10 Support
    is there a program that can hide taskbar when i run some programs?: Hi is there a program that can hide the taskbar when i run photoshop for example? that can hide if there is process starting or running specified by me thanks 71650