Windows 10: I keep getting the BSOD when I try and run some programs

Discus and support I keep getting the BSOD when I try and run some programs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The stop code is: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION What failed is : asmtxhci.sys Please help! 126609 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CoopD, Feb 4, 2019.

1. CoopD Win User

I keep getting the BSOD when I try and run some programs

The stop code is: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    What failed is : asmtxhci.sys

Please help!

:)

CoopD, Feb 4, 2019

2. Getting BSOD 0x124 error

Ignore what everone said here.

0x124 BSOD is usually related to VCCIO (VTT), run Prime95 version 26.6 with custom sizes of 512K to 640K with 50% of your memory for at least 8 hours.

If you get a 0x124 BSOD, increase VCCIO voltage by small steps, run Prime95 again until your stable.

If you pass Prime95 512K to 640K without a BSOD, then its Vcore too low. I'd suggest running IntelBurnTest with 80% of your memory to verify stability (8 to 12 hours).

Oh, and yeah, if this problem appeared all of the sudden, the reason is CPU degradation, you can prevent it by enabling C-States or adjust your overclock to use lower voltages.

Regeneration, Feb 4, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Feb 4, 2019
  4. Joe9090 Win User

Running Programs for a standard user

Hello

You mentioned checking the the box 'Run as Administrator'

This is the opposite of what I require ,I wanted to avoid running programs as admin . By unchecking 'Run As Administrator' I am still getting an admin credential verification prompt

Any further suggestions ?

Joe9090, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

1. I keep getting the BSOD when I try and run some programs - Similar Threads - keep getting BSOD

2. I keep getting BSOD and run the minidump and it generate this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting BSOD and run the minidump and it generate this: oading unloaded module list.............For analysis of this file, run !analyze -vnt!KeBugCheckEx:fffff806`42c16ae0 48894c2408 mov qword ptr [rsp+8],rcx ss:0018:fffffb8c`450a7270=000000000000000a6: kd> !analyze...
  3. I keep getting BSOD and run the minidump and it generate this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep getting BSOD and run the minidump and it generate this: oading unloaded module list.............For analysis of this file, run !analyze -vnt!KeBugCheckEx:fffff806`42c16ae0 48894c2408 mov qword ptr [rsp+8],rcx ss:0018:fffffb8c`450a7270=000000000000000a6: kd> !analyze...
  4. Keep getting a missing dll error when trying to run some programs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting a missing dll error when trying to run some programs.: I have been getting this 2 error mesages when trying to run certain programs on my laptop for some time ago, which mention that the dll isnt designed to run on windows. These are the 2 pop ups in question: Link...
  5. Keep getting a missing dll error when trying to run some programs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep getting a missing dll error when trying to run some programs.: I have been getting this 2 error mesages when trying to run certain programs on my laptop for some time ago, which mention that the dll isnt designed to run on windows. These are the 2 pop ups in question: Link...
  6. Keep getting a missing dll error when trying to run some programs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I keep getting this error when trying to run the CheatEngine installer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I keep getting this error when trying to run the CheatEngine installer: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/thewhitewolf199 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpshey/i_keep_getting_this_error_when_trying_to_run_the/
  8. It does this for some programs I try to run. Anyone know a fix?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It does this for some programs I try to run. Anyone know a fix?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ronnie2ktraash [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fy3g38/it_does_this_for_some_programs_i_try_to_run/
  9. I keep crashing when I run a certain program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I keep crashing when I run a certain program: When I launch Rumble fighter, after the patching is done and the game is about to launch. I get the blue screen and it says "kmode exception not handled dump_wmimmc.sys" I'm not very good with computers please helpAttachment 51118 i7-4790K MSI GTX 970 Gaming Red Asrock...
  10. is there a program that can hide taskbar when i run some programs?

in Windows 10 Support
    is there a program that can hide taskbar when i run some programs?: Hi is there a program that can hide the taskbar when i run photoshop for example? that can hide if there is process starting or running specified by me thanks 71650