Windows 10: I keep getting the Restart my computer to fix drive errors

Discus and support I keep getting the Restart my computer to fix drive errors in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This started after Microsoft installed updates and one of your techs had to help with m y Microsoft office issue that arose at that same time. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohnFreimuth1, Aug 10, 2020.

1. I keep getting the Restart my computer to fix drive errors

This started after Microsoft installed updates and one of your techs had to help with m y Microsoft office issue that arose at that same time. The Microsoft office issue is solved but now this keeps restarting my computer at very inconvenient times. Help

I keep getting the Restart my computer to fix drive errors [​IMG]

:)

JohnFreimuth1, Aug 10, 2020
  2. little cat, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Sommer Win User
    Hard Drive "Read Disk Error Ctrl-Alt-Del to Restart" on Startup

I had the same problem, turned out to be a bad memory stick.

This is what I found on the net, don't remember the site now, but for what's it worth:

Sommer, Aug 10, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

I keep getting the Restart my computer to fix drive errors

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

I keep getting the Restart my computer to fix drive errors

1. I keep getting the Restart my computer to fix drive errors - Similar Threads - keep getting Restart

2. I keep getting BSOD whenever I restart my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting BSOD whenever I restart my computer: It's happened 3 times now and every time I mess around with some stuff and it fixes itself. I would supply the minidump but I can't figure out how to add it onto this....
  3. I keep getting BSOD whenever I restart my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep getting BSOD whenever I restart my computer: It's happened 3 times now and every time I mess around with some stuff and it fixes itself. I would supply the minidump but I can't figure out how to add it onto this....
  4. My computer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps restarting: It starts up like normal but before it gets to login screen it says restarting and continuously restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keeps-restarting/c7805fec-ec1c-4914-8409-67b0545a76c7
  5. My computer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer keeps restarting: It starts up like normal but before it gets to login screen it says restarting and continuously restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keeps-restarting/c7805fec-ec1c-4914-8409-67b0545a76c7
  6. My computer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Keep getting "Restart to repair drive errors"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keep getting "Restart to repair drive errors": For some reason if I let my laptop on without interacting with it for some time around 10- 30 mins I'll get a notification "Restart to repair drive errors". This keep happening even if I restart my laptop. Is there a solution to this, is my laptop need a hardware fix?...
  8. Computer won’t boot after “Restart to fix drive errors”

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer won’t boot after “Restart to fix drive errors”: I started up my computer after plugging in a new monitor and after a couple mins of it running fine it started to slow and the notification said “Restart to fix drive errors” The computer started to restart and it said it was fixing the errors. When it finished fixing them,...
  9. My Computer Keeps Restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Computer Keeps Restarting: I updated my computer after not being able to due to low disc space, now it just keeps restarting and its been doing this for a couple of weeks. I used a external hard drive to get enough space for the update and I tried turning on and off again, but nothing works....
  10. My computer restarts after getting an error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My computer restarts after getting an error: I'm currently using an Asus Vivobook for my college purposes and recently I keep getting an error. My laptop suddenly freezes and displays a blue screen saying "Watch dog violation error" and then restarts, sometimes even the touchpad stops working after getting this error...