Windows 10: I keep getting this error message at startup, "You'll need a new App to open this...

Discus and support I keep getting this error message at startup, "You'll need a new App to open this... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I keep getting this error message at startup, "You'll need a new App to open this startup-IC link". in Windows 10 and I have no idea what "startup-IC "... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wfinnin, Oct 17, 2019.

1. wfinnin Win User

I keep getting this error message at startup, "You'll need a new App to open this...

I keep getting this error message at startup, "You'll need a new App to open this startup-IC link". in Windows 10 and I have no idea what "startup-IC " means. When I click anywhere on the screen the message disappears.

:)

wfinnin, Oct 17, 2019

2. error message on startup

looking for a little help with an error message im getting on startup, after windows is fully loaded and im at desktop i get :

"smartbridge alerts: MotiveSB.exe - entry point not found. the procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL."

any ideas?

thnx

*Toast :toast:

intel igent, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Getting error message with GPUz in startup

I get a message saying failed to create tray icon i GPUz most of the times i boot, also, people would appreciate a installer that can make it run at startup

douglatins, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

I keep getting this error message at startup, "You'll need a new App to open this...

Error message 'you'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store'

Hi Adam,

A possible factor why you're having this issue is due to a corrupted app file. To better isolate your concern, Answer the following questions below:

• Did you get any error messages when you're trying to open Windows Store apps?
    • Which version of Windows are you using?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps on this article:
    How to re-register Windows Store Apps in Windows 10 / 8.
    It will provide steps in re-registering Windows Store Apps.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

1. I keep getting this error message at startup, "You'll need a new App to open this... - Similar Threads - keep getting error

2. You'll need a new app to open this

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    You'll need a new app to open this: How to turn off this pop up [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youll-need-a-new-app-to-open-this/dd55ff4b-ccf0-4604-985d-379f6892ec63
  3. Windows Security error message "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security error message "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link": Hello, I've just gotten a brand new Acer laptop running Windows 10 Home OS Build 18362.267, and I'm getting the error message "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender link" when I try to click on any options in the Windows Security page in Settings Open Windows...
  4. Error message You'll need a new app to open this zoommtg link keeps appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error message You'll need a new app to open this zoommtg link keeps appearing: Error message You'll need a new app to open this zoommtg link keeps appearing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-youll-need-a-new-app-to-open-this/0873ad6b-f470-4a02-8791-2bff9356b3e0
  5. You'll need a new app message for opening files.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    You'll need a new app message for opening files.: You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc -link" when try to open same files <Original Title: quation has been changed for clarity purposes.>Y...
  6. you'll need a new app to open this

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    you'll need a new app to open this: Just got update to Windows 10. Trying to read some of the tips, but every time I click on ANYTHING it gives me the message "you'll need a new app to open this" but I can't seem to get the app, whatever app it is. When I click onFeedback I get the same message. I'm looking...
  7. "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender" error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender" error: New install of WIN10 build 1809 yesterday. When I try to open any section of "windows security" I get this small window appear. I see someone else fixed this problem by going through cortana but that didn't work for me. Also there is a pop up with a similar window when I...
  8. You'll need a new app to open this ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new app to open this ...: How do I disable this when launching games? 117704
  9. You'll need a new app to open this ...

in Windows 10 Support
    You'll need a new app to open this ...: How do I disable this when launching games? 117704
  10. "You'll need a new app to open this..."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You'll need a new app to open this...": Hi all, my first post! I recently installed "WhatsApp" on my laptop (running Windows 10). Soon thereafter I started getting the following behavior: When opening a new tab in Firefox (54.0.1, 32-bit), I'd get a little popup that says "You'll need a new app to open this...