Windows 10: I keep getting this error trying to make a bootable drive. [ISO Files downloaded directly...

Discus and support I keep getting this error trying to make a bootable drive. [ISO Files downloaded directly... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KevinRuttoh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lgassf/i_keep_getting_this_error_trying_to_make_a/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KevinRuttoh, Feb 9, 2021.

1. I keep getting this error trying to make a bootable drive. [ISO Files downloaded directly...

/u/KevinRuttoh, Feb 9, 2021
  2. TRWOV Win User

Bootable USB to ISO

He's not trying to make a bootable USB. He wants to restore the ISO from the bootable USB (the reverse operation).

What software are you trying to restore? You can get the Windows 7 ISOs from Digital River: http://social.technet.microsoft.com...c99-42db-80c8-6300f01f7aae/windows-7downloard

TRWOV, Feb 9, 2021
  3. Agility Win User
    Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Feb 9, 2021
  4. I keep getting this error trying to make a bootable drive. [ISO Files downloaded directly...

Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

Have you copied all the files from the ISO to the flash drive? I can't see that step.

After step 10. (after formatting and making it the active partition)

Copy files from the ISO to flash drive.

Open CMD as administrator.

navigate to the flash drive, lets call it drive Z and type in the following commands.
    Z:
    cd boot
    bootsect.exe /nt60 z:
    exit

Then try again.

slyfox2151, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

I keep getting this error trying to make a bootable drive. [ISO Files downloaded directly...

1. I keep getting this error trying to make a bootable drive. [ISO Files downloaded directly... - Similar Threads - keep getting error

2. please i need help to download a windows 10 ISO, am trying to make a bootable usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    please i need help to download a windows 10 ISO, am trying to make a bootable usb: please i need help to download a windows 10 ISO, am trying to make a bootable usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-i-need-help-to-download-a-windows-10-iso-am/0e7de794-a671-4da3-ae16-1b2ce119f5e5
  3. please i need help to download a windows 10 ISO, am trying to make a bootable usb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    please i need help to download a windows 10 ISO, am trying to make a bootable usb: please i need help to download a windows 10 ISO, am trying to make a bootable usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-i-need-help-to-download-a-windows-10-iso-am/0e7de794-a671-4da3-ae16-1b2ce119f5e5
  4. please i need help to download a windows 10 ISO, am trying to make a bootable usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. get error while trying to download windows 11 iso

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    get error while trying to download windows 11 iso: HiI got this error while trying to download windows11 iso file. please help.We encountered a problem with your request. Please visit Microsoft Support Contact Us page for assistance. Refer to Message Code 715-123130 and Transaction ID 5c7ab919-ffb4-4a77-9bcb-e0f31f863661....
  6. Trying to download Windows ISO file

Trying to download Windows ISO file: I'm using a Mac trying to download Microsoft 10 ISO file but keep getting an error message. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-download-windows-iso-file/237f17d4-ad5e-4978-9406-2b6f8483318b
  7. Error downloading the ISO file

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Error downloading the ISO file: I'm currently using an old laptop trying to download the install files for windows 10 onto a usb stick to use on a new pc. I had trouble copying the ISO file onto the usb stick. I deleted the ISO file off my laptop and attempted to download it again and got an error message....
  8. Converting old bootable DVDs to ISO or directly to bootable USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Converting old bootable DVDs to ISO or directly to bootable USB: So I have decided to finally, finally get rid of all my CDs and DVDs. For non-bootable program installs or data, I simply copied all the files to a folder on a very large HDD.*Cool But I also have these bootable CDs for Win XP and Windows 7. I don't want to simply pitch...
  9. Direct download of isos from MS

Direct download of isos from MS: The direct route of downloading isos (spoofing browser or via a non windiws device) on windows 10 MS download site seems to be broken at the moment. Can anybody confirm? 117651
  10. Make win 10 .iso file bootable DVD or USB

Make win 10 .iso file bootable DVD or USB: I would like to do a clean install I have downloaded windows10 .iso free version file from creation tool to DVD is the file bootable. If not how do I make a bootable DVD or USB from the downloaded. Appreciate help.. Regards 25364