Windows 10: I keep getting this message about graphics when using Firefox and then the page sometimes...

Discus and support I keep getting this message about graphics when using Firefox and then the page sometimes... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware. Application Firefox.exe has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware.[IMG]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by victbtm, Dec 27, 2018.

1. victbtm Win User

I keep getting this message about graphics when using Firefox and then the page sometimes...

victbtm, Dec 27, 2018

2. FireFox

That's why I suggested this for starters, for the issue you report:I keep getting this message about graphics when using Firefox and then the page sometimes... :)

Firefox - Profile in Use

Scroll down on that page to the "Solutions" section.
    The easiest way is to open the Windows Task Manager and to kill the Firefox process from there.
    If that does not work, then proceed to the next steps in that tutorial: remove the "profile lock" file, etc.

Please let us know how that goes.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Dec 27, 2018
  3. FireFox

Hi:

In addition to the great advice already offered....

...Most problems with Firefox originate in the user's profile, not in the program itself.

A specific suggestion for the issue you report:

Firefox - Profile in Use

Then, there is a logical sequence for Firefox diagnostics, which (as already suggested) generally starts with Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode):

Firefox - Standard Diagnostic

or
    Fix slowness, crashing, error messages and other problems

Resetting Firefox (as already suggested) is certainly a reasonable option, but there are other, less "destructive" steps one might consider first.
    There are also more drastic steps, such as creating a new profile. This is sometimes the best way to get back up and running, if the existing profile is highly corrupted.

Please let us know if you need more help.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Dec 27, 2018
  4. rudolfo2 Win User

I keep getting this message about graphics when using Firefox and then the page sometimes...

FireFox

Task Manager don't show Firefox running.

rudolfo2, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

1. I keep getting this message about graphics when using Firefox and then the page sometimes... - Similar Threads - keep getting message

2. I sometimes get an error message when signing into my account using windows hello.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I sometimes get an error message when signing into my account using windows hello.: I sometimes get an error message when signing into my account using windows hello. Here is the message:Request Id: 3d933344-d3d8-4d05-a998-b6b183a7b100Correlation Id: a1730cba-edcc-4ec6-ac37-c66c41509f21Timestamp: 2023-02-25T02:07:28ZMessage: AADSTS500202: User account '***...
  3. I sometimes get an error message when signing into my account using windows hello.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I sometimes get an error message when signing into my account using windows hello.: I sometimes get an error message when signing into my account using windows hello. Here is the message:Request Id: 3d933344-d3d8-4d05-a998-b6b183a7b100Correlation Id: a1730cba-edcc-4ec6-ac37-c66c41509f21Timestamp: 2023-02-25T02:07:28ZMessage: AADSTS500202: User account '***...
  4. Getting error code 0x803f8001 when I try to use firefox?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting error code 0x803f8001 when I try to use firefox?: No idea what is going on. On Windows 11, been using Firefox for as long as I have used this pc, and all of a sudden I'm not allowed because I'm not logged in on my Microsoft account? Thing is, I go to my account and it is logged in. Logging out and in has no effect, and I've...
  5. Error Message when booting Firefox.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error Message when booting Firefox.: When ever I Boot Firefox, I get the following error: cannot find WindowsApps\Microsoft549981.C3F5F10_2.2010.7621.0_x64. What is this error and how do I dix it....
  6. Keep getting the message "You're about to be signed out"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keep getting the message "You're about to be signed out": Whenever I try to login .It takes me to safe mode and I keep getting the same message "You're about to be signed out, Windows will shut down in less than a minute" This happens immediately when I login so I can't make any changes. Also troubleshooting options like startup...
  7. I keep getting this message about no default mail client.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I keep getting this message about no default mail client.: What do I do about this message "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the message request. Please run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it as the default mail client."...
  8. Wierd message when accessing FireFox

in Browsers and Email
    Wierd message when accessing FireFox: In the last couple of days, I'm getting a message window when accessing FireFox. The message reads: Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access this item. If I erase the message and retry Firefox, it...
  9. Home Page Not Used When 'Open Firefox' With Cortana

in Browsers and Email
    Home Page Not Used When 'Open Firefox' With Cortana: Firefox 43.0.2 and Win 10 ... when use Cortana and speak 'Open Firefox', Firefox starts but does not open at the defined Home Page ... instead starts at a Google search with a search argument of "Open Firefox". BTW: Firefox is defined to be the default browser and...
  10. keep getting insecure websites message with latest Mozilla Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    keep getting insecure websites message with latest Mozilla Firefox: I have just installed latest version of Mozilla Firefox to try ( i use Cyberfox as main browser ) when i search something i keep getting this message on all sites i visit ie BBC,Amazon,etc How to get Mozilla Firefox to work..? Thank you [img] 94863