Windows 10: I keep getting threats about deactivating my account. How can I tell if the email is...

Discus and support I keep getting threats about deactivating my account. How can I tell if the email is... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I don't know any reason my account would be deactivated but for months I have been getting threats. How can I tell legitimate emails from hackers and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by loraine6204, Aug 11, 2020.

1. I keep getting threats about deactivating my account. How can I tell if the email is...

I don't know any reason my account would be deactivated but for months I have been getting threats.

How can I tell legitimate emails from hackers and why would my account be deactivated.

If these are hackers how can I stop the emails.

:)

loraine6204, Aug 11, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Aug 11, 2020
  3. MT Alex Win User

Embarrassingly, everyone on my email list received spam originating from my account, which is Yahoo based. A scan with MSE found two trojans, a Java/Rowindal.A and a Downloader:Java/OpenStream.W.

Are these the source of my unwanted email traffic? Would someone opening this email be infected with the same problems? Could there be more dangerous underlying threats.

Hell, I have quite a few high dollar clients in my list. I always treat people's addresses like they were unlisted numbers, and don't send frivolous "Hey how are ya" junk. This is mortifying.*Eek! I keep getting threats about deactivating my account. How can I tell if the email is... :eek:

MT Alex, Aug 11, 2020
  4. I keep getting threats about deactivating my account. How can I tell if the email is...

1. Change your password.
    2. Change to Gmail.

TheMailMan78, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

I keep getting threats about deactivating my account. How can I tell if the email is...

1. I keep getting threats about deactivating my account. How can I tell if the email is... - Similar Threads - keep getting threats

2. transfer email account info to a new email acct. I can see the deactivate account, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    transfer email account info to a new email acct. I can see the deactivate account, and...: someone tried many attempts to enter my facebook acct and microsoft deactivated it. I can se the deactivated account an it is working on andtoid, How can I transfer the whole account to a new email account. Windows did lmake the account log into an trash email acct I have...
  3. transfer email account info to a new email acct. I can see the deactivate account, and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    transfer email account info to a new email acct. I can see the deactivate account, and...: someone tried many attempts to enter my facebook acct and microsoft deactivated it. I can se the deactivated account an it is working on andtoid, How can I transfer the whole account to a new email account. Windows did lmake the account log into an trash email acct I have...
  4. my account is hacked and they changed the email how can i get it back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my account is hacked and they changed the email how can i get it back: it was a russian guy it said in my email when i went back to check my email all the Microsoft emails i got today were gone i think he changed my email someone please help me i got a lot of stuff in my email they were 2 accounts that have been hacked...
  5. my account is hacked and they changed the email how can i get it back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my account is hacked and they changed the email how can i get it back: it was a russian guy it said in my email when i went back to check my email all the Microsoft emails i got today were gone i think he changed my email someone please help me i got a lot of stuff in my email they were 2 accounts that have been hacked...
  6. My system keeps crashing or gets stuck for no reason that I can tell-

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My system keeps crashing or gets stuck for no reason that I can tell-: CBS.log. I cannot figure out why the system that never if ever crashed before crashes daily now if not every other day. Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.964) 179068
  7. I keep getting filthy emails. how can I stop them

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I keep getting filthy emails. how can I stop them: I keep getting filthy emails. how can I stop them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-security/e069f37d-d265-4d32-ab3f-26e8b70b633d"
  8. How can I deactivate my keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I deactivate my keyboard: How can I deactivate my k eyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-deactivate-my-keyboard/4c0b168c-3a2f-46e3-97f4-643139457fc9
  9. How can I tell if i have adobe and how to get to it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I tell if i have adobe and how to get to it: How to tell if I have adobe and how to get to it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-can-i-tell-if-i-have-adobe-and-how-to-get-to/6a80039c-467a-45b1-b818-f8f27d069df3
  10. How can I tell.....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I tell.....: How can i tell if I have actually upgraded to the free upgrade to 10 pro; or whether I am still running the last insider version of 10240? I used the dvd/usb tool from the microsoft store to transfer the iso for 10 from the media creation tool to setup files and ran the setup...