Windows 10: I keep getting TrojanDownloader message on a file I gave action "Allowed on this computer"

Discus and support I keep getting TrojanDownloader message on a file I gave action "Allowed on this computer" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; TIMESCS.XLS - which I created many years ago - keeps giving me Defender warns like below even though I give Defender the action to allow it on my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by selfsimilar, Dec 18, 2020.

1. I keep getting TrojanDownloader message on a file I gave action "Allowed on this computer"

TIMESCS.XLS - which I created many years ago - keeps giving me Defender warns like below even though I give Defender the action to allow it on my computer.

When I do a full backup it is appearing in ShadowCopy file as a trojan - it isn't.

Detected:TrojanDownloader:O97M/EncDoc.JKN!MTB

Affected items
    file: \Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy43\Excel Data\BESST2\CALVERT\TIMESCS.XLS

I reported the issue via MS Feedback hub and I was told the issue was resolved. However, every time I do a full backup I get the above message from defender and the backup stop

How do I remedy this problem?

:)

selfsimilar, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

I keep getting TrojanDownloader message on a file I gave action "Allowed on this computer"

1. I keep getting TrojanDownloader message on a file I gave action "Allowed on this computer" - Similar Threads - keep getting TrojanDownloader

2. TrojanDownloader in OEM, Amundsen2 files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TrojanDownloader in OEM, Amundsen2 files.: Not too long ago I started getting blue screens of death after getting a RAM upgrade, I partially suspected it being bad, or my laptop possibly being infected with malware yet I didn't go anywhere unsafe, but I decided to fully reset my pc RAM problem has been solved as I...
  3. TrojanDownloader in OEM, Amundsen2 files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TrojanDownloader in OEM, Amundsen2 files.: Not too long ago I started getting blue screens of death after getting a RAM upgrade, I partially suspected it being bad, or my laptop possibly being infected with malware yet I didn't go anywhere unsafe, but I decided to fully reset my pc RAM problem has been solved as I...
  4. TrojanDownloader in OEM, Amundsen2 files.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Hi I would like to finish this action without it abch gave computer pros. I will be...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hi I would like to finish this action without it abch gave computer pros. I will be...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Best-Action-3980 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/16wvrdq/hi_i_would_like_to_finish_this_action_without_it/
  6. I keep getting an error message when I start my computer. SecurityHealthSystray...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting an error message when I start my computer. SecurityHealthSystray...: says bad image. the file contains and error or is not designed to run on windows. My pc has been crashing a lot randomly. I think this is the issue. I also can't open my Windows Security in the settings. It just goes blank and doesn't load....
  7. I keep getting BSOD with different messages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I keep getting BSOD with different messages: Every day if not multiple times a day, I get a blue screen of death with a different message. I have gotten "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT" "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED" and the list goes on and on. I have tried a bunch of things such...
  8. I keep getting TrojanDownloader message when the file does not exist any more.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I keep getting TrojanDownloader message when the file does not exist any more.: I deleted the file TIMESCS.XLS - which I created many years ago. I deleted it because was getting threat warnings of the following kind. Now I seem to be trapped in a situation where it is appearing in ShadowCopy files. Detected:TrojanDownloader:O97M/EncDoc.JKN!MTB...
  9. I keep getting random BSOD messages

I keep getting random BSOD messages: I am hoping the is a simple fix for this. I keep getting random BSOD messages every 2 or so days. Per google this has something to do with editing, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMControlSet001ServicesNdu to a start value of 4. I am not sure of this "fix" or do i trust...
  10. I keep getting "Not responding" messages.

I keep getting "Not responding" messages.: I doesn't matter what I'm doing, I get a lot of "not responding" messages. I have 6Gb of ram and masses of disk space. I have just looked at some photos in Photo Viewer and tried to "Open With", but I get "not responding". I wait for a length of time and eventually get "Do...