Windows 10: I keep getting TrojanDownloader message when the file does not exist any more.

Discus and support I keep getting TrojanDownloader message when the file does not exist any more. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I deleted the file TIMESCS.XLS - which I created many years ago. I deleted it because was getting threat warnings of the following kind. Now I seem to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by selfsimilar, Dec 18, 2020.

1. I keep getting TrojanDownloader message when the file does not exist any more.

I deleted the file TIMESCS.XLS - which I created many years ago. I deleted it because was getting threat warnings of the following kind.

Now I seem to be trapped in a situation where it is appearing in ShadowCopy files.

Detected:TrojanDownloader:O97M/EncDoc.JKN!MTB

Affected items
    file: \Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy43\Excel Data\BESST2\CALVERT\TIMESCS.XLS

I reported the issue via MS Feedback hub and I was told the issue was resolved. However, every time I do a full backup I get the above message from defender and the backup stop

How do I remedy this problem?

:)

selfsimilar, Dec 18, 2020

2. Burning Files To cdr

I tried to drag a .txt file to the burn list, as suggested above, but it will not drop in. I get a message "+add to burn list" but I cannot get it to drop into the burn list. Is there another step I am missing?

CathleenBaker, Dec 18, 2020
  3. mldardy Win User
    Cannot create a file when that file already exists error message

I get this message when I try to change windows 10 update download location. The steps I performed were:

1. Stop wuauserv in Task Manager > Services tab.
    2. Rename C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution to C:\Windows\OldSoftwareDistribution
    3. Create new folder on external harddrive: D:\WindowsUpdateLocation
    4. Open command prompt - Run as administrator and type in mklink /j c:\windows\softwaredistribution d:\WindowsUpdateDownload and hit enter.

I get 'Cannot create a file when that file already exists' . What am I doing wrong here? It should say Junction created for C:\Windows\OldSoftwareDistribution <<=>> D:\WindowsUpdateLocation but I get the error message instead.

mldardy, Dec 18, 2020
  4. PaulE3779 Win User

I keep getting TrojanDownloader message when the file does not exist any more.

Cannot rename files - File or folder does not exist

When I try and rename a file or folder on my desktop I get an error message - The file or folder does not exist. They do exist. I have full control over them by permissions. I can rename them through CMD. I can rename files in other folders. In looking around
    the internet I found the instructions below on the Microsoft website,
    they didn't help.

Help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Method 1: Run Built in Troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps below to run Built in Troubleshooter:

1. Type troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar.
    2. Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.
    3. Select Windows store Apps.
    4. Follow the on screen instruction.

Method 2: If the issue still persist please follow below steps.

1. Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    2. Click File > Run New Task.
    3. Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    4. Type Powershell
    5. Type the following in the Powershell prompt:

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
    6. Close the Powershell window
    7. Reboot.
    Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

PaulE3779, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

I keep getting TrojanDownloader message when the file does not exist any more.

1. I keep getting TrojanDownloader message when the file does not exist any more. - Similar Threads - keep getting TrojanDownloader

2. TrojanDownloader in OEM, Amundsen2 files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TrojanDownloader in OEM, Amundsen2 files.: Not too long ago I started getting blue screens of death after getting a RAM upgrade, I partially suspected it being bad, or my laptop possibly being infected with malware yet I didn't go anywhere unsafe, but I decided to fully reset my pc RAM problem has been solved as I...
  3. TrojanDownloader in OEM, Amundsen2 files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TrojanDownloader in OEM, Amundsen2 files.: Not too long ago I started getting blue screens of death after getting a RAM upgrade, I partially suspected it being bad, or my laptop possibly being infected with malware yet I didn't go anywhere unsafe, but I decided to fully reset my pc RAM problem has been solved as I...
  4. TrojanDownloader in OEM, Amundsen2 files.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Minecraft Account Apparently Not Existing Any More?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Account Apparently Not Existing Any More?: Recently I decided to redownload minecraft through the minecraft launcher. Account logs in as normal. The problem I am facing is that when I try to log into my minecraft account on the website, according to their database my account was never migrated despite me migrating my...
  6. Minecraft Account Apparently Not Existing Any More?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft Account Apparently Not Existing Any More?: Recently I decided to redownload minecraft through the minecraft launcher. Account logs in as normal. The problem I am facing is that when I try to log into my minecraft account on the website, according to their database my account was never migrated despite me migrating my...
  7. I keep getting TrojanDownloader message on a file I gave action "Allowed on this computer"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I keep getting TrojanDownloader message on a file I gave action "Allowed on this computer": TIMESCS.XLS - which I created many years ago - keeps giving me Defender warns like below even though I give Defender the action to allow it on my computer. When I do a full backup it is appearing in ShadowCopy file as a trojan - it isn't....
  8. Computer Does Not Retain Any Passwords, Showing "Keyset does not exist" error message

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer Does Not Retain Any Passwords, Showing "Keyset does not exist" error message: First the specifics: I am running Windows 10 Home on a 64 bit Desktop computer. I have Office 365. Last year, my daughter used this computer to do some school work, in which they used Office 365 Online. I am not sure what she did, but when we opened up programs like...
  9. Keep getting this message: "This file does not have an app associated with it for...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Keep getting this message: "This file does not have an app associated with it for...: "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Settings page." I get this message when accessing files using the search bar in the taskbar, or using...
  10. A Device Specified Does Not Exist Message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A Device Specified Does Not Exist Message: Hi all, I have plugged in a Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 7200 RPM hard drive When I go into disk manager, it says: "Disk 1 Not Initialized" When I go to initialize it, it says " A Device Specified Does Not Exist " How do I fix this? Thanks....