Windows 10: I keep getting “virus scan failed” . I’m using Windows 10 and MS Edge

Discus and support I keep getting “virus scan failed” . I’m using Windows 10 and MS Edge in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to download a civ file from my Bank website secure and keep getting “virus scan failed” I’ve tried clearing the history, cache etc but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tony Stoneman, Jun 21, 2022.

1. I keep getting “virus scan failed” . I’m using Windows 10 and MS Edge

I am trying to download a civ file from my Bank website secure and keep getting “virus scan failed” I’ve tried clearing the history, cache etc but nothing works. I’m using Windows 10 and MS Edge

:)

Tony Stoneman, Jun 21, 2022
  2. Kath UP Win User

'Virus scan failed' message

Yes, I use Chrome. I've received several emails with Word doc attachments or google docs attached and I get the message "Failed - Virus scan failed"

I tried to go through the steps described by typing in regedit and going through the steps provided but that didn't solve the problem.

Kath UP, Jun 21, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows Security Virus Scan

Please confirm you don't have a list like this:

I keep getting “virus scan failed” . I’m using Windows 10 and MS Edge [​IMG]

e.g. from here (or via the control panel):

I keep getting “virus scan failed” . I’m using Windows 10 and MS Edge [​IMG]

If not, suggests deeper problems. To which uninstall option are you referring? (A picture is worth...)

dalchina, Jun 21, 2022
  4. I keep getting “virus scan failed” . I’m using Windows 10 and MS Edge

Virus Scan Failed

Attempts at downloading documents results in Virus scan failed message. This occurs on Crome and Edge and does not seem to be associated with McAfee. Any ideas how to fix this issue?

SethHalverson, Jun 21, 2022
Thema:

I keep getting “virus scan failed” . I’m using Windows 10 and MS Edge

1. I keep getting “virus scan failed” . I’m using Windows 10 and MS Edge - Similar Threads - keep getting “virus

2. I cannot download Anything, keep getting Virus Scan Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot download Anything, keep getting Virus Scan Failed: For month on and off I go through periods of receiving virus scan has failed and it messes with everything including my downloading of file through dropbox. I use the most up to date version of chrome, my computer is updated, virus protection is through windows and is on and...
  3. I cannot download Anything, keep getting Virus Scan Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot download Anything, keep getting Virus Scan Failed: For month on and off I go through periods of receiving virus scan has failed and it messes with everything including my downloading of file through dropbox. I use the most up to date version of chrome, my computer is updated, virus protection is through windows and is on and...
  4. Failed - Virus scan failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed - Virus scan failed: Don't matter what I try to download this error comes in the download status on every single browser, I tried like 5 different websites one of them was microsoft but I can't find a way to fix it....
  5. I keep getting “virus scan failed” . I’m using Windows 10 and MS Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I keep getting “virus scan failed” . I’m using Windows 10 and MS Edge: I am trying to download a civ file from my Bank website secure and keep getting “virus scan failed” I’ve tried clearing the history, cache etc but nothing works. I’m using Windows 10 and MS Edge*** Moved from Windows / Windows 7 / Performance and system failures ***...
  6. I keep getting “virus scan failed” . I’m using Windows 10 and MS Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting “virus scan failed” . I’m using Windows 10 and MS Edge: I am trying to download a civ file from my Bank website secure and keep getting “virus scan failed” I’ve tried clearing the history, cache etc but nothing works. I’m using Windows 10 and MS Edge...
  7. get error virus scan failed

get error virus scan failed: trying to dnwnld files to pc, from any source, getting virus scanned failed error. using Macafee livesafe protection, something changed within last 6-8 months https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/get-error-virus-scan-failed/28a0070e-a454-4846-a712-c65e5d8f6c78
  8. Failed- Virus Scan Failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Failed- Virus Scan Failed: Hello and good day! I have trouble in downloading files from Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome. Every time I tried downloading, it shows Failed - virus scan failed. I only use Windows Defender as my protection and currently running on Windows 10. This started to happen back...
  9. "Failed - Virus scan failed" on google chrome,edge,ie

"Failed - Virus scan failed" on google chrome,edge,ie: i edited the subzKEY in registry editor, but it says "error editing scanwithantivirus" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/failed-virus-scan-failed-on-google-chromeedgeie/466ca187-7b81-49bd-8867-8a0b6a2de277
  10. virus scan failed - Windows 10

virus scan failed - Windows 10: Hello Suddenly my computer stopped downloading files any type of file on my computer. I keep getting an error that says "couldn't download - virus scan failed." I'v tried turning off the firewalls and uninstalling McAfee, but it still will not download anything please...