Windows 10: I keep having issues reguarding my speakers.

Discus and support I keep having issues reguarding my speakers. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Every once and a while they just stop working. I haven't changed any settings or swapped the port for them because I can only do so with the headphones... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KayManning1, Nov 13, 2019.

1. I keep having issues reguarding my speakers.

Every once and a while they just stop working. I haven't changed any settings or swapped the port for them because I can only do so with the headphones jack, the other is for the microphone. My laptop sound is working just fine, but I am not sure what to do anymore. I seem to be the only one in my household with this issue. Maybe it's just because my laptop is old? But it seems like a lame excuse. Can anyone relate or offer help ?

:)

KayManning1, Nov 13, 2019

2. Speakers suddenly having problems

Hi Alex,

As you are facing issues with accessing the speakers on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in this issue?
    • Are you referring to the external speakers/ laptop speakers?
    • If you are referring to external speakers, were you able to detect the device?

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    speakers

Hi Charlie,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be one of the possible causes why your speakers are not working properly. To efficiently assists you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Have you tried connecting your speakers to another computer and check if the issue still persists?
    • Have you tried using other speakers and check if the issue still persists?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot sound problems.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Nov 13, 2019
  4. I keep having issues reguarding my speakers.

Need Help With Bluetooth Speaker, Issue is with volume control

Hi Sierra,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Based on the description, the issue you are facing may be due to the Bluetooth speaker driver is outdated since it is new. Since the speaker is running in generic driver. Let’s try simple troubleshooting methods and check if it helps, follow the below
    methods information provided.

Method 1.

I suggest you to update the Bluetooth speaker device driver and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Click on “Bluetooth” and expand it.

• Now right click on the speaker device and click on ‘’Update’’.
    If the issue still persist try the below method provided.

Method 2.

As you have mention this issue has occur after recent updates, I suggest you to check for the updates if any Bluetooth updates is pending.

Type “Updates” in the search bar and click on “Check for Updates” from the left pane.

Now click on “Check for Updates” button on the right pane, to receive a fresh list of updates and then install all the updates listed there.

For any issues while installing Windows Updates, you may also refer to this link:

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9830262

If the above method did not fix the issue try the below method.

Method 3.

I would recommend you to download the latest Bluetooth device driver form the Bluetooth manufacturer website and uninstall – reinstall the same in compatibility mode.

Step 1.

Follow the below steps to uninstall the Bluetooth speaker driver.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Click on “Bluetooth” and expand it.

• Now right click on the speaker device and uninstall the Bluetooth speaker driver.
    Step 2.

Follow the below steps to re-install the speaker driver.

Note: Make sure you download the updated Bluetooth speaker driver.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

I keep having issues reguarding my speakers.

1. I keep having issues reguarding my speakers. - Similar Threads - keep having issues

2. I have issue in my laptop speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have issue in my laptop speaker: I have issue in my laptop speaker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-issue-in-my-laptop-speaker/bcbcbc45-4b99-4797-b145-24ce63138539
  3. I have issue in my laptop speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have issue in my laptop speaker: I have issue in my laptop speaker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-issue-in-my-laptop-speaker/bcbcbc45-4b99-4797-b145-24ce63138539
  4. I have issue in my laptop speaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My sound keeps cutting off and to fix it i have to disable and the reenable the speakers....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My sound keeps cutting off and to fix it i have to disable and the reenable the speakers....: My sound cuts put from time to time. The only way to fix it is to disable the speakers and immediately reenable them. Im pretty sure this is a common issue. If i turn off audio enhancements this also works BUT after its off i can barely hear the computer... does anybody know...
  6. My sound keeps cutting off and to fix it i have to disable and the reenable the speakers....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My sound keeps cutting off and to fix it i have to disable and the reenable the speakers....: My sound cuts put from time to time. The only way to fix it is to disable the speakers and immediately reenable them. Im pretty sure this is a common issue. If i turn off audio enhancements this also works BUT after its off i can barely hear the computer... does anybody know...
  7. Laptop speaker having sound issue

Laptop speaker having sound issue: Split from this thread. hello sir i have issue with my speaker of laptop having pop up sound issue.plz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-speaker-having-sound-issue/4f671d48-fe59-4a23-85e8-a06d2dc8c50e
  8. A suggestion reguarding search on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A suggestion reguarding search on windows 10: On windows 10, when I search I don't want to see quick search or top news. I use search as its intended for, searching files and programs on the PC. I haven't found a use for using quick search or top news, since you can already do this in a browser. Which why I request for...
  9. Speaker issues

Speaker issues: I have come to an issue that is simply just annoying. If I turn on my computer without any speakers or headphones plugged in I cannot get them to work when I plug them in after. I can currently just restart my computer with them plugged in, but this is simply a waste of my...
  10. Speaker issues

Speaker issues: This might not have anything to do with the Windows 10 installation, but i noticed that my speakers suddenly have been heating up really fast. In fact they heat up so much that ash smell comes from them. Anyone facing similar issues? 17031