Windows 10: I keep having this issue. My computer wont get a higher resolution that 1024p

Discus and support I keep having this issue. My computer wont get a higher resolution that 1024p in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, For some reason my PC keeps dropping from 1080p to 1024p. It just usually turns back after a couple days of being idle but its weird. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DampestChaff2, Mar 20, 2020.

1. I keep having this issue. My computer wont get a higher resolution that 1024p

Hello,

For some reason my PC keeps dropping from 1080p to 1024p. It just usually turns back after a couple days of being idle but its weird. I tried uninstalling the display drivers and then reinstalling them no pc restart but the Nvidia system checker says my system is incompatible?!?

I have a RTX 2070 Super

Pls Help ASAP

Thank You

:)

DampestChaff2, Mar 20, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Won't set to a higher resolution

OK, on your new system is the correct Display driver loaded, go to Control Panel - Device Manager and make sure that you are not running the Microsoft Basic Display Driver.

If the correct Display Driver is loaded, right click your Desktop, choose Display Settings and see if your resolution is set to the one marked (recommended)

If your resolution is set to the one marked (recommended), then I have some questions:

• Does your new Computer GPU support higher resolutions
    • What size is the monitor you are using
    • In the control panel of your GPU can you choose to set a custom resolution

DaveM121, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Cant get higher than 1366X768 resolution

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community and for your interest on Windows 10.

I can understand the inconvenience that you are facing with the issue. We are here to help you.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Change Resolution.

Follow below steps to change resolution.

• Type Display Settings in search bar.

• Go to Display Settings, and select Advance Sizing of text and other settings under Related Settings.

• Go to Adjust Resolution and go to Resolution.

• Change the Resolution as per requirement, Click on Ok.

• Check weather changes are reflecting or not.
    If you are unable to change resolution then update Display Drivers and try to change the resolution.

Method 2:

Further, if there no updated drivers available on the computer manufacturer’s website, then trying installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Method 3: Un-install and re-install latest display drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Step 1: Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.

• Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

• Right click on the display drivers and select
      “Uninstall”.

• Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.

Step 2: To install it in the compatibility mode, follow these steps:

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

a) Download the latest display
      driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b) Right-click on the audio driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

c) Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu.

d) Now proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer.

This information should help. If you need further assistance regarding Windows, please post. We will be happy to help you.

Thanks and regards.

Jenith_James, Mar 20, 2020
  4. I keep having this issue. My computer wont get a higher resolution that 1024p

Resolution problems 1024x768 or higher

I just purchased an HP Notebook 15-ay011nr 15.6-Inch Laptop with windows 10. I have been trying to download software off a CD that I had used on a previous computer. I keep getting an error that says "resolution must be 1024x768 or higher. I have tried
    every resolution including that one and it keeps coming back with that same error. I did a driver update and everything is up to date. Any suggestions why this is happening or how to fix it?

CherylMoore63, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

I keep having this issue. My computer wont get a higher resolution that 1024p

1. I keep having this issue. My computer wont get a higher resolution that 1024p - Similar Threads - keep having issue

2. How can I delete resolutions higher than my native screen resolution?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I delete resolutions higher than my native screen resolution?: I have a monitor plugged in via HDMI that is 1920x1080 but Windows 10 shows that I can go up to 4k. All of my games go to 4k because of this issue. How can I fix this?...
  3. How can I delete resolutions higher than my native screen resolution?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I delete resolutions higher than my native screen resolution?: I have a monitor plugged in via HDMI that is 1920x1080 but Windows 10 shows that I can go up to 4k. All of my games go to 4k because of this issue. How can I fix this?...
  4. How can I delete resolutions higher than my native screen resolution?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Cant get higher than 1366X768 resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant get higher than 1366X768 resolution: Got new laptop DELL 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 1.38 GHz and tried changing the resolution in the display setting but I cant get higher than 1366X768 resolution. I also tried updating the drivers but the issue is not fixed...
  6. Cant get higher than 1366X768 resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant get higher than 1366X768 resolution: Got new laptop DELL 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 1.38 GHz and tried changing the resolution in the display setting but I cant get higher than 1366X768 resolution. I also tried updating the drivers but the issue is not fixed...
  7. Forcing higher "resolution"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forcing higher "resolution": submitted by /u/eternal_peril [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3fdec/forcing_higher_resolution/
  8. Computer wont get higher than 1280x1024p when it was at 1920x1080p last week

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer wont get higher than 1280x1024p when it was at 1920x1080p last week: Hello, My computer downgraded in graphics quality last week. I have checked my Nvidia Control panel and there is also no option for 1080p besides the custom resolution which does not look good. My graphics card drivers are up to date. I've tried rolling them back,...
  9. I can't make my resolution higher

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't make my resolution higher: I want everything on my laptop to be smaller. So I opened settings and went to the Resolution settings, and it wouldn't let me go any higher! I tried Control Panel but couldn't find resolution settings. How can I make it higher?...
  10. keeps downloading higher and higher

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keeps downloading higher and higher: Hello, I have purchased the game Forza Horizon 3 about a week ago and it does not finish downloading. every time it gets close to finishing, it adds an extra 30-50GB's worth of download onto the game. Example: The game has downloaded 0GB's out of 60GB. I leave it to...