Windows 10: I keep having to retype my password, it's not remembering my credentials.

Discus and support I keep having to retype my password, it's not remembering my credentials. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to use Outlook on my PC and I have to keep adding my password. How do I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChristinaJ64, Sep 18, 2018.

1. I keep having to retype my password, it's not remembering my credentials.

I'm trying to use Outlook on my PC and I have to keep adding my password. How do I fix this?

:)

ChristinaJ64, Sep 18, 2018
  2. 7.62 Win User

Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Sep 18, 2018
  4. I keep having to retype my password, it's not remembering my credentials.

How to force IE 11 to ask for saving credentials again for just one site after having accidentally sellect not to remember password for that particular site

1. Most website passwords aren't in Credential Manager, but is this site listed in Credential Manager?

2. If you go to the sign in page and enter the first letter (or try all letters) of the username in the name field, do you get a drop-down AutoComplete list?

3. Do you have all website passwords backed up? Having the Credential Vault backed up doesn't count.

4. Would you be willing to clear all passwords if you had them available so that you could simply manually sign in to every website and have that login info remembered by Internet Explorer?

Don

Don Varnau, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

I keep having to retype my password, it's not remembering my credentials.

1. I keep having to retype my password, it's not remembering my credentials. - Similar Threads - keep having retype

2. Can’t remember my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t remember my password: I can’t remember my password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-remember-my-password/fb5f1947-9f1d-4972-8d94-ab3baa0819eb
  3. Can’t remember my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t remember my password: I can’t remember my password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-remember-my-password/fb5f1947-9f1d-4972-8d94-ab3baa0819eb
  4. I don't remember my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I don't remember my password: im not typing 6 to 600000 its taking half of my day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-remember-my-password/97456f38-39a8-4121-a7c1-c60d0655fe3d
  5. I don't remember my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't remember my password: im not typing 6 to 600000 its taking half of my day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-remember-my-password/97456f38-39a8-4121-a7c1-c60d0655fe3d
  6. I don't remember my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't remember my password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't remember my password: Set up a win10 os with some short password I can't remember. Is there any way I can recover it? Thanks 172061
  8. Credential Manager Will Not Remember ANY Passwords

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Credential Manager Will Not Remember ANY Passwords: I upgraded my Windows 10 Pro to version 2004 several weeks ago. Starting last week I noticed that credential manager has stopped remembering ALL passwords, including those not associated with Microsoft. I read several threads about this issue, but was unable to find a...
  9. I don't remember my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I don't remember my password: Hi. I can log in to my computer with pin code but I don't want to use that code anymore. I've tried to change it so many times but I need to know my password for it. But the real problem is I CAN'T REMEMBER MY PASSWORD. I can't see the hint for my password, I can't do...
  10. Retyping password

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Retyping password: Hello. Every time I boot up my laptop and type in my password it would always give me two or three messages depending on the situation. First entry: "The password you entered is incorrect, please retype your current password" Second entry (something along the lines of):...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WHY DO I HAVE TO RETYPE MY PASSWORDS AFTER SAVING THEM