Windows 10: I keep hearing a noise

Discus and support I keep hearing a noise in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; A sound keeps playing quite quietly my volume is on 26 - 32 probs It is not very often it only happens like every 20 mins but I've never heard it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Alfred T, May 27, 2024.

1. Alfred T Win User

I keep hearing a noise

A sound keeps playing quite quietly my volume is on 26 - 32 probs It is not very often it only happens like every 20 mins but I've never heard it before. I doubt I'm being hacked or something so please help.-MICROSOFT I CANT USE THE FEEDBACK HUB SO DONT AUTO RESPOND WITH THAT-

:)

Alfred T, May 27, 2024

2. Cortana can't hear me

Hi Isidora,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?
    I suggest you to go through the below methods and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you enable settings in the Playback Devices and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the speaker icon on your taskbar.
    • Select Playback Devices.
    • Click on the Playback Devices and right click on the
      Speakers/Headphones.
    • Check mark on the Show Disabled Devices and
      Show Disconnected Devices.
    If the issue persists the follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Cortana can't hear me and check if it helps.

Cortana can't hear me - Microsoft Support

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Cortana & search.

Check if it helps.

I hope the issue will be resolved. If not, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, May 27, 2024
  3. Bree Win User
    Software to separate noise from the human voice or song

For audio, you could try Audacity. You can select a sample period where there is just the noise you want to remove, then filter that from the audio.

Noise Reduction - Audacity Manual

4. I keep hearing a noise

Cortana apparently can't hear me

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you enable settings in the Playback Devices and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the speaker icon on your Taskbar.
    • Select Playback Devices.
    • Click on the Playback Devices and right click on the
      Speakers/Headphones.
    • Check mark on the Show Disabled Devices and
      Show Disconnected Devices.
    If the issue persists the follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Cortana can't hear me and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows-10/cortana-cant-hear-me

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 27, 2024
Thema:

I keep hearing a noise

1. I keep hearing a noise - Similar Threads - keep hearing noise

2. -ANSWERED- I keep hearing a noise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    -ANSWERED- I keep hearing a noise: A sound keeps playing quite quietly my volume is on 26 - 32 probs It is not very often it only happens like every 20 mins but I've never heard it before. I doubt I'm being hacked or something so please help.-MICROSOFT I CANT USE THE FEEDBACK HUB SO DONT AUTO RESPOND WITH...
  3. -ANSWERED- I keep hearing a noise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    -ANSWERED- I keep hearing a noise: A sound keeps playing quite quietly my volume is on 26 - 32 probs It is not very often it only happens like every 20 mins but I've never heard it before. I doubt I'm being hacked or something so please help.-MICROSOFT I CANT USE THE FEEDBACK HUB SO DONT AUTO RESPOND WITH...
  4. I keep hearing a noise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep hearing a noise: A sound keeps playing quite quietly my volume is on 26 - 32 probs It is not very often it only happens like every 20 mins but I've never heard it before. I doubt I'm being hacked or something so please help.-MICROSOFT I CANT USE THE FEEDBACK HUB SO DONT AUTO RESPOND WITH...
  5. Why do I hear a static noise in the background of my headphones?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why do I hear a static noise in the background of my headphones?: So recently, I got a new pair of Bluetooth headphones, but for some reason whenever there is audio playing I will always get a static noise in the background....
  6. I hear booping noises while using my laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I hear booping noises while using my laptop.: I hear booping noises on my pc, how do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-hear-booping-noises-while-using-my-laptop/bfe3e878-22b6-4958-b5d0-62129f3ab433
  7. What is this chime noise I keep hearing randomly on my computer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this chime noise I keep hearing randomly on my computer.: A day or two ago the below chime started going off seemingly randomly (about every 20-100 minutes). I don't recall ever hearing it before and can't figure out where it is from. I've got a mute extension on my browser so it's unlikely it's some hidden browser tab or something...
  8. When I click ctrl, shift and f or t I hear a beeping noise

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I click ctrl, shift and f or t I hear a beeping noise: So for whatever reason when I click these buttons I hear a beeping, it doesn't matter if I'm on chrome or a game, I hear beeping sound and it's really annoying. I've looked around to see what could be causing it but I can't find out why it's doing it. I also have all keyboard...
  9. sound stoppes wheb on hear my background noise

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sound stoppes wheb on hear my background noise: what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-stoppes-wheb-on-hear-my-background-noise/2b0226d1-7307-43de-a71f-b46539b930bb
  10. Anyone hear a crackling noise when games load?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone hear a crackling noise when games load?: audio is fine but a slight crackling noise when loading up. soundblaster Zx 8580