Windows 10: I keep hearing that "Windows 10 support parallel ports". But that's not strictly true, correct?

Discus and support I keep hearing that "Windows 10 support parallel ports". But that's not strictly true, correct? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My business owns PROM/EPROM programmers that connect to the PC using a parallel LPT port. However, they require direct port control hardware level to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sbus, Jun 28, 2022.

1. sbus Win User

I keep hearing that "Windows 10 support parallel ports". But that's not strictly true, correct?

My business owns PROM/EPROM programmers that connect to the PC using a parallel LPT port. However, they require direct port control hardware level to function correctly. Previous versions of Windows XP/7 supported this feature. With the advent of Windows 10 this feature was supposedly removed as a security fix; hardware level access to LPT ports and most other I/O devices was removed from the OS. What I believe this means is that devices that access the port via a device driver like most printers should work fine; but devices that require the ability to access the LPT hardware direct

:)

2. Windows 10 & LPT Parallel Printer Port.

Posts on some forums suggest that Microsoft has killed LPT (parallel port) support in Windows 10 whereas another post I saw indicates that Microsoft has fixed this problem due to pressure from businesses that still need parallel support. I am such a
    business. I must have LPT support for legacy software and an HP LaserJet 6P for the new computer I'm getting (which does have an LPT port). This is not optional since the old software will not work with USB and new printers. Can anyone definitively tell
    me whether LPT/Parallel ports are or are not currently usable in Windows 10 (64-bit)? Thanks for any help.

AudioNexus, Jun 28, 2022
  3. MikeS_878 Win User
    Windows 10 & LPT Parallel Printer Port.

You're welcome! My parallel port is a PCI card with an LPT port. When I originally purchased it I was running Windows 7.

The card is a Parallel PCI Express Card, One Port, x1 Lane manufactured by Manhattan, Model Number 158176. It was $29.99 when I purchased it.

• Adds One Parallel Port to a Desktop Computer
    • Supports SPP, EPP and ECP Ports
    • Fits PCI Express x1, x2, x4, x8 and x16 Lane Buses
    • Fits Regular and Low-Profile slots
    • Plug and Play Installation
    • Windows 7 Compatible
    I hope this helps.

MikeS_878, Jun 28, 2022
  4. I keep hearing that "Windows 10 support parallel ports". But that's not strictly true, correct?

Does Windows 10 (64-bit, Creator's Edition) Support LPT (Parallel Ports)

Posts on some forums suggest that Microsoft has killed LPT (parallel port) support in Windows 10 whereas another post I saw indicates that Microsoft has fixed this problem due to pressure from businesses that still need parallel support. I am such a business.
    I must have LPT support for legacy software and an HP LaserJet 6P for the new computer I'm getting (which does have an LPT port). This is not optional since the old software will not work with USB and new printers. Can anyone definitively tell me whether
    LPT/Parallel ports are or are not currently usable in Windows 10 (64-bit)? Thanks for any help.

AudioNexus, Jun 28, 2022
Thema:

I keep hearing that "Windows 10 support parallel ports". But that's not strictly true, correct?

1. I keep hearing that "Windows 10 support parallel ports". But that's not strictly true, correct? - Similar Threads - keep hearing support

2. Parallel port issue in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Parallel port issue in windows 10: i am trying to use ATmel isp programmer to program Microcontroller. while installing Atmel isp programmer Error comes like DriverLINX port I/O DriverDLportio.sys device driver not loaded. port I/O will have no effect..Am facing this issue in windows 10. Tried installing Dll...
  3. Parallel port issue in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parallel port issue in windows 10: i am trying to use ATmel isp programmer to program Microcontroller. while installing Atmel isp programmer Error comes like DriverLINX port I/O DriverDLportio.sys device driver not loaded. port I/O will have no effect..Am facing this issue in windows 10. Tried installing Dll...
  4. Parallel port issue in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I keep hearing that "Windows 10 support parallel ports". But that's not strictly true, correct?

I keep hearing that "Windows 10 support parallel ports". But that's not strictly true, correct?: My business owns PROM/EPROM programmers that connect to the PC using a parallel LPT port. However, they require direct port control hardware level to function correctly. Previous versions of Windows XP/7 supported this feature. With the advent of Windows 10 this feature was...
  6. I keep hearing that "Windows 10 support parallel ports". But that's not strictly true, correct?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep hearing that "Windows 10 support parallel ports". But that's not strictly true, correct?: My business owns PROM/EPROM programmers that connect to the PC using a parallel LPT port. However, they require direct port control hardware level to function correctly. Previous versions of Windows XP/7 supported this feature. With the advent of Windows 10 this feature was...
  7. Problem with address on parallel port in Windows 10

Problem with address on parallel port in Windows 10: Hi there,I recently purchased a PC with Windows 10 installed. I added several parallel port adapter cards to this machine so that I can send TTL pulses to external devices I work in academic research. After installing the adapter cards and their associated drivers, the LPT...
  8. I am running Win 10 version 1909 and trying to configure parallel port to support Flash pro...

I am running Win 10 version 1909 and trying to configure parallel port to support Flash pro...: In a supporting effort, we are updating our 1903 win 10 versions to 1909 for continued Microsoft support. On the computer we are updating it had win 10 version 1903. on the computer we require parallel port communication to support Flash Pro Lite programmer for legacy...
  9. Does Windows 10 support parallel ports

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Windows 10 support parallel ports: parallel port on my card did not configure on windows 10, com port did configured correctlycan use a parallel port in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-10-support-parallel-ports/95eb466a-6c35-4b29-ae7a-a04958bb8c7d
  10. USB port to Parallel cable not recognized

USB port to Parallel cable not recognized: My Epson printer had been working with an Epson Dot matrix printer using a Gagawire USP to Parallel cable but recent updates have cause this to not be recognized or a drive found. This is needed to print multipart invoices. I had been using with W10 and had not been having...