Windows 10: I keep losing administrative priv's on a Desktop that only I use at my business.

Discus and support I keep losing administrative priv's on a Desktop that only I use at my business. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I've been able to regain admin status once or twice with the help of this forum but overall it's been a losing battle. Really, it's just a matter of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lengthy_Briefs, May 17, 2023.

1. I keep losing administrative priv's on a Desktop that only I use at my business.

So I've been able to regain admin status once or twice with the help of this forum but overall it's been a losing battle. Really, it's just a matter of somehow being left alone gradually or purchasing a new computer. Other issues include disappearing files, disappearing passwords, constant requests for my multiple factor authentications. As an attorney I have to protect my clients information and although there's no sign he/she/they has done anything yet, I imagine its just a matter of time.

:)

Lengthy_Briefs, May 17, 2023

2. administrator priv.

i just installed windows 2004 and have a problem running something with admin priv. how do u run something with admin prev. thanks

Kenneth Pincus, May 17, 2023
  3. Linking Microsoft Account to my Local Account Caused me to Lose Administrator Access

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to login to your temporary user account, enable built in administrator account and try to change the account settings.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 2: Follow the below steps,

• Type User Accounts in the Search box from the desktop and select
      Change the User Accounts.

• Here you will be able to see all the user accounts on your computer.

• Select the User account and see if it is a Standard user account or Administrator.

• If it is standard user then, change it to Administrator.

• Now, log out from the Built-in Administrator account and try to log-in with your Administrator account.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 17, 2023
  4. cjayed Win User

I keep losing administrative priv's on a Desktop that only I use at my business.

Should my Microsoft Account have administrator privileges?

I just finished reinstalling Windows 10 (Creator version) and decided to have the installation process create a Microsoft Account instead of bypassing that step like I have on other laptops in the past and creating a local account later. After the install I went to Accounts in the settings and saw that the Microsoft Account was listed as an Administrator. I always thought the main user should only have standard privs for security purposes. Thoughts? Should I create a new admin account and try and change the MSA to a standard account?

cjayed, May 17, 2023
Thema:

I keep losing administrative priv's on a Desktop that only I use at my business.

1. I keep losing administrative priv's on a Desktop that only I use at my business. - Similar Threads - keep losing administrative

2. I run my business on MSN Premium. Will I lose my accounts?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I run my business on MSN Premium. Will I lose my accounts?: I run my business on MSN Premium email. I have over 700 email accounts on the MSN server. Will I lose them? What can I do? How do I know when my MSN Premium service will end?Email servers like Gmail won't divide the email addresses into separate folders, which is what I need....
  3. I run my business on MSN Premium. Will I lose my accounts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I run my business on MSN Premium. Will I lose my accounts?: I run my business on MSN Premium email. I have over 700 email accounts on the MSN server. Will I lose them? What can I do? How do I know when my MSN Premium service will end?Email servers like Gmail won't divide the email addresses into separate folders, which is what I need....
  4. I run my business on MSN Premium. Will I lose my accounts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I keep losing connection.

I keep losing connection.: when playing Red Dead Redemption 2 online is the worse. I have spent weeks trying every suggestion they make. This started happening just after an upgrade to faster optic internet. Same provider. Also noted that when playing Sodoku in Facebook, I will get a steady...
  6. I keep losing administrative priv's on a Desktop that only I use at my business.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep losing administrative priv's on a Desktop that only I use at my business.: So I've been able to regain admin status once or twice with the help of this forum but overall it's been a losing battle. Really, it's just a matter of somehow being left alone gradually or purchasing a new computer. Other issues include disappearing files, disappearing...
  7. I keep losing administrative priv's on a Desktop that only I use at my business.

I keep losing administrative priv's on a Desktop that only I use at my business.: So I've been able to regain admin status once or twice with the help of this forum but overall it's been a losing battle. Really, it's just a matter of somehow being left alone gradually or purchasing a new computer. Other issues include disappearing files, disappearing...
  8. I keep losing Bluetooth

I keep losing Bluetooth: Several times a day, after returning to my computer after it has gone to sleep, I lose Bluetooth. The Bluetooth icon disappears from the notification window and the "Activate Bluetooth" switch disappears from the Settings-> Devices-> Bluetooth window. I can only get it back...
  9. I keep losing the Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I keep losing the Internet: For about 12 years I have been operating my HP Windows laptop now Windows 10 with my modem/router in another room. Now, all of a sudden, I keep getting "No Internet Access." I try disconnecting and reconnecting. Sometimes this works and all will be well for a while. Then I...
  10. administrator priv.

in Windows 10 Customization
    administrator priv.: i just installed windows 2004 and have a problem running something with admin priv. how do u run something with admin prev. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-priv/d8ace966-c92a-4c6a-bd22-131f7f6efa48