Windows 10: I keep losing the Internet

Discus and support I keep losing the Internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For about 12 years I have been operating my HP Windows laptop now Windows 10 with my modem/router in another room. Now, all of a sudden, I keep getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Travelling Gal, Oct 23, 2020.

1. I keep losing the Internet

For about 12 years I have been operating my HP Windows laptop now Windows 10 with my modem/router in another room. Now, all of a sudden, I keep getting "No Internet Access." I try disconnecting and reconnecting. Sometimes this works and all will be well for a while. Then I lose the internet again. I have no problem with my phone or my Nexis 7 tablet - just the laptop.

If I bring the laptop right next to the modem, it will work just fine. However, I can't do this permanently, as there is no room to set up the laptop there. On the other hand, I can't bring the modem to the computer either, as the DSL jack is in the other room.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

:)

Travelling Gal, Oct 23, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Losing internet connection intermittently only on laptop

Hi Lindamartin,

For us to know the reason why your laptop is losing internet connection intermittently and how to fix it, we would like to know more information:

• Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it will solve the issue:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Internet Connections.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

We suggest you to update the Network adapters driver from the Device Manager.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on Start button and click on
    Device Manager.

2. Expand the
    Network adapters driver from the list.

3. Right click on the driver and click on
    Update driver Software.

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Oct 23, 2020
  3. losing internet connection

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please let us know if you receive any error code or error message.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the Internet Connections troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Internet Connections.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the Network adapters driver from the Device Manager.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on Start button and click on
    Device Manager.

2. Expand the
    Network adapters driver from the list.

3. Right click on the driver and click on
    Update driver Software.

I suggest you refer the help article below as well.

Fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows

Hope this helps. Get back to us for any further queries on losing Internet connection. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

I keep losing the Internet

Freezing/losing internet problems

Hi Miranda,

There are several reasons why you are experiencing this issue. It can be a performance issue of the system, an issue with the Internet connection or the application that you're using. Kindly provide us the answers to the following questions for us to further
    isolate the issue:

• Is the issue only happening when you are browsing the Internet?
    • Have you tried using another browser to check if the same issue will happen?
    • Did you receive any error messages when the computer hangs or stop responding?

In the meantime, we suggest using another browser to isolate if it is happening on a specific application. It is also better if you'll try to play a video that is already downloaded or saved on the computer and check if same issue will happen.

If the same issue is still happening using other browsers and videos that are saved on the computer, we suggest running the
    DISM tool and System File Checker. This will help fix possible corruption that the computer encountered. Kindly follow the steps on this article to perform it:
    Using System File Checker in Windows 10.

You can also run the Network troubleshooter for Windows 10 to identify if the issue is related to the Internet Connection. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Cortana, type Troubleshoot and choose it under the
      Best match.
    • Under Get up and running, choose Internet Connections.

• Click the Run the troubleshooter tab and follow the on-screen steps to run it.

We'll wait for your response about this matter.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

I keep losing the Internet

1. I keep losing the Internet - Similar Threads - keep losing Internet

2. Keep losing internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep losing internet connection: I have an Asus TUF laptop running Windows 11 version 23H2 OS Build 22631.3235. For the past few weeks it’s been losing the internet connection, and I have to restart to get back online. It was happening once every day, and is now getting more frequent. Can someone tell me the...
  3. Keep losing internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep losing internet connection: I have an Asus TUF laptop running Windows 11 version 23H2 OS Build 22631.3235. For the past few weeks it’s been losing the internet connection, and I have to restart to get back online. It was happening once every day, and is now getting more frequent. Can someone tell me the...
  4. My laptop keeps losing internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps losing internet connection: Every day or two, I lose my internet connectivity only on my laptop. All of my other devices are connected, no problem. This is a new problem. Is there a general problem out there, or is there something I should be fixing. I've rebooted my modem and sometimes it works and...
  5. My laptop keeps losing internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keeps losing internet connection: Every day or two, I lose my internet connectivity only on my laptop. All of my other devices are connected, no problem. This is a new problem. Is there a general problem out there, or is there something I should be fixing. I've rebooted my modem and sometimes it works and...
  6. My laptop keeps losing internet connection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Keep losing internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Keep losing internet connection: I am trying to figure out if I have a problem or is the fact that I keep losing my internet connection related to how busy the internet is currently. I recently replaced my modem/router with a Linksys CG7500. Everything appears to be set up correctly. For whatever...
  8. I keep losing my internet connection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I keep losing my internet connection: Hi! Asking for your help on how to avoid this from happening again. I always get disconnected to my wifi every 5 minutes so I have to troubleshoot to fix it every time. It always says problem with wireless adapter or access point. I am using an ASUS laptop on windows 10....
  9. Wifi keeps losing internet access

Wifi keeps losing internet access: I've had this problem for 3 weeks now, my laptop keeps losing internet access on every wifi. This particularly happens when i wake it from sleep and at interval of 10 to 15 minutes. There is no problem with the wifi itself, it works just fine on my other devices and I've also...
  10. PC keeps losing internet connection

PC keeps losing internet connection: Machine is Lenovo all in one, every morning when I start using the pc there is no internet connection even though router shows internet service is normal and my internet phone works well. "Allow computer to turn off this device..." is unchecked. I have to click the internet...