Windows 10: I keep on getting the message that my "recovery drive is full"

Discus and support I keep on getting the message that my "recovery drive is full" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; three questions here: 1. how do I stop this message from popping up? it pops up multiple times 2. how do I delete items in it to clear space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FrancesKitty, Jun 9, 2019.

1. I keep on getting the message that my "recovery drive is full"

three questions here:

1. how do I stop this message from popping up? it pops up multiple times

2. how do I delete items in it to clear space (won't let me due to low space)

3. don't know why everything got saved in there all of a sudden (maybe one of the upgrades) but just wanted the basic windows featured saved on there. How do I stop files from getting saved in there - already have them backed up

Thanks in advance to everyone

:)

FrancesKitty, Jun 9, 2019

2. Windows 10 Recovery Drive

I have a new Dell with Windows 10 absolutely unused.

Step 1 was to complete Windows setup - done.

Step 2 is to create recovery drive - error message each time I try following the instructions.

I've read all of the suggestions on the site, none work for me.

I never get the option of selecting a drive though I have inserted an empty 8Gb Sandisc - I just get the error message.

Surely this must be simple.

bryancarter50, Jun 9, 2019
  3. I want to create a recovery drive but failed. I am getting below message " We Can't create a recovery drive on this PC. Some required files are missing.

Hi Mahfujul,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing in creating
    Recovery Drive. I will certainly help you.

It is unusual that you would get the error message while creating the recovery drive. Just to make sure the steps are done correctly, I would suggest you to once again try creating the recovery drive by following the steps provided by Andre Da Costa on
    How to: Create a Recovery Drive for reinstalling Windows

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 9, 2019
  4. I keep on getting the message that my "recovery drive is full"

Recovery Drive

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. In some cases, this could happen if you created a system restore point on your computer. Windows will use the recovery drive to revert to the previous time where your computer is working properly, or where you created
    it. Please don't attempt to put any files in the recovery drive or the restore process will fail. To give you more suggestion and helpful information, we would like to more about your computer. Please answer the question below:

• Did you make any changes to your computer before this issue occurs?
    • Have you install Windows Update before getting the Recovery drive?
    • Which version of Windows are you using? To check it, follow the steps through this
      link.

In the meantime, you can check the files inside the recovery drive and confirm if there are essential files that you need.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Lemuel Cie, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

I keep on getting the message that my "recovery drive is full"

1. I keep on getting the message that my "recovery drive is full" - Similar Threads - keep getting message

2. Drive getting full

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive getting full: My C drive is filling up - how can I remove unnecessary files? How can I tell what is safe to be removed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-getting-full/2c2d8528-e766-4069-a4a3-079706018496
  3. Drive getting full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive getting full: My C drive is filling up - how can I remove unnecessary files? How can I tell what is safe to be removed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-getting-full/2c2d8528-e766-4069-a4a3-079706018496
  4. Drive getting full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recovery Message keeps appearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recovery Message keeps appearing: My problem with my laptop is that I open it up and it gives me a recovery message. I shut it down and restart the computer 3 times and i still get the same recovery message. I can only press enter to restart and it doesn't help. Also, I cannot press the F8 key. I do not know...
  6. Keep getting this message..

Keep getting this message..: [ATTACH] The only thing thats really changed with my computer since yesterday is Windows 10 updates. That's it. Please help me with this. This is the first time its done this....
  7. Full Recovery(D:) drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Full Recovery(D:) drive: My Recovery(D:) drive has always said it was almost full. (contained 13.5 gigabytes of content) I entered Settings >> System >> Storage >> Recovery(D:) >> Other and then it said, "We couldn't find any files to show you." Here's a screenshot(ish): [IMG]...
  8. I keep getting the message The directory is invalid but there is nothing in that drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I keep getting the message The directory is invalid but there is nothing in that drive: My computer keeps popping up with a message G:\ The directory is invalid. But there is nothing in drive G: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-getting-the-message-the-directory-is/4b0aa119-9782-45dc-9fbd-7139a7677b58
  9. Recovery (E:) recovery WindowsRE DRIVE IS FULL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery (E:) recovery WindowsRE DRIVE IS FULL: My computer started telling me that my E drive is full. When I open it the file that is full is WinUCRD.wim What is causing this overflow, and how can this be remedied. thank you for your information....
  10. I keep getting "Not responding" messages.

I keep getting "Not responding" messages.: I doesn't matter what I'm doing, I get a lot of "not responding" messages. I have 6Gb of ram and masses of disk space. I have just looked at some photos in Photo Viewer and tried to "Open With", but I get "not responding". I wait for a length of time and eventually get "Do...