Windows 10: I Keep on Having to Press the Windows Key to Get the Taskbar to Show Up

Discus and support I Keep on Having to Press the Windows Key to Get the Taskbar to Show Up in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have auto hide on because I like to conserve vertical space, but the only way I can get Taskbar to show up now is by pressing the Windows key. How do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Blob55, Dec 31, 2019.

1. /u/Blob55 Win User

I Keep on Having to Press the Windows Key to Get the Taskbar to Show Up

I have auto hide on because I like to conserve vertical space, but the only way I can get Taskbar to show up now is by pressing the Windows key. How do I fix this so it's always on top of my windows instead of below?

submitted by /u/Blob55
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Blob55, Dec 31, 2019

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Dec 31, 2019
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Dec 31, 2019
  4. I Keep on Having to Press the Windows Key to Get the Taskbar to Show Up

Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

I Keep on Having to Press the Windows Key to Get the Taskbar to Show Up

1. I Keep on Having to Press the Windows Key to Get the Taskbar to Show Up - Similar Threads - Keep Having Press

2. My keyboard keeps messing up and keeps pressing previously pressed keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard keeps messing up and keeps pressing previously pressed keys: So this problem it seems like I'm the only one having I haven't seen anything online which is exactly like what's happening to me.months ago I bought a pc from a company with a good rating.It was custom built with the newest and latest top parts.But one day I was playing...
  3. My keyboard keeps messing up and keeps pressing previously pressed keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard keeps messing up and keeps pressing previously pressed keys: So this problem it seems like I'm the only one having I haven't seen anything online which is exactly like what's happening to me.months ago I bought a pc from a company with a good rating.It was custom built with the newest and latest top parts.But one day I was playing...
  4. Taskbar keeps showing up in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar keeps showing up in fullscreen: When I'm watching a video in fullscreen, youtube or otherwise, after about 45 minutes my taskbar will pop up. It's fucking annoying. submitted by /u/xKazIsKoolx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uqertb/taskbar_keeps_showing_up_in_fullscreen/
  5. I keep having to press Alt + Fn to use function keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep having to press Alt + Fn to use function keys: I know this might sound very simple but i wasnt able to find any solutionafter formating my laptop i had to press alt + fn instead of just fn to use f keys and it's really annoying so if someone knows the solution please let me know.laptop specs in the picture...
  6. I keep having to press Alt + Fn to use function keys

I keep having to press Alt + Fn to use function keys: I know this might sound very simple but i wasnt able to find any solutionafter formating my laptop i had to press alt + fn instead of just fn to use f keys and it's really annoying so if someone knows the solution please let me know.laptop specs in the picture...
  7. Start Menu rarely shows up when pressing Windows Key, Brightness Keys F11&12 keeps showing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu rarely shows up when pressing Windows Key, Brightness Keys F11&12 keeps showing...: It works when I click Ctrl + Esc but when I press the WinKey it rarely even shows up. There are some cases when I'm able to open it but i had to hardly long-press the winkey or repeatedly press it within seconds. I tried using the OnScreen keyboard to press WinKey but still...
  8. Start Menu rarely shows up when pressing Windows Key, Brightness Keys F11&12 keeps showing...

Start Menu rarely shows up when pressing Windows Key, Brightness Keys F11&12 keeps showing...: It works when I click Ctrl + Esc but when I press the WinKey it rarely even shows up. There are some cases when I'm able to open it but i had to hardly long-press the winkey or repeatedly press it within seconds. I tried using the OnScreen keyboard to press WinKey but still...
  9. Start Menu rarely shows up when pressing Windows Key, Brightness Keys F11&12 keeps showing...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. I have a problem where my space key is getting pressed even though I'm not pressing it. Up...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have a problem where my space key is getting pressed even though I'm not pressing it. Up...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ChrisHasAGrease [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k023gh/i_have_a_problem_where_my_space_key_is_getting/