Windows 10: I keep using this notepad but still it keeps asking me which app i use

Discus and support I keep using this notepad but still it keeps asking me which app i use in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I keep checked on "Always use this app to open .txt files" but I keep clicking on "OK" but still it keeps asking me "How do you want to open this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by f23948, Jul 7, 2021.

1. f23948 Win User

I keep using this notepad but still it keeps asking me which app i use

I keep checked on "Always use this app to open .txt files" but I keep clicking on "OK" but still it keeps asking me "How do you want to open this file?" Did sfc /scannow, no errors found Did error checking hard drive, no errors found Did SMART test hard drive, still healthy Did self test hard drive, no defective Did RAM memory test, no errors found Did installed latest windows updates Did installed latest drivers softwares Did ran maintenance in action center, maintenance is finished for the day I did clean reinstall Windows 10 several times, I do not want to reinstall clean Windows 10 It's been happening since almost a whole week I have been using Windows 10 x64 1809 LTSC almost a whole year with no problems until now

:)

f23948, Jul 7, 2021

2. Notepad Email doesnt Work!!

Hi Timothy,

Thank you for getting back to us with the requested information. We apologize for the delay in response.

I would like to ask if the Notepad App was downloaded from Windows Store or any other third party website.

If it was downloaded from Windows Store, then suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View all on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

If it was downloaded from a third party website, then suggest you to contact the app developer for assistance regarding the issue.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 7, 2021
  3. Kokopelli Win User
    Windows 10 doesn't keep a recent file-list for Notepad

My (legal) copy of Windows 10 doesn't keep a recent file-list for Notepad - and Notepad only...*Huh All other apps have it, so what to do?
    Thank you.

I keep using this notepad but still it keeps asking me which app i use [​IMG]

Kokopelli, Jul 7, 2021
  4. cereberus Win User

Windows 10 doesn't keep a recent file-list for Notepad

cereberus, Jul 7, 2021
Thema:

1. I keep using this notepad but still it keeps asking me which app i use - Similar Threads - keep using notepad

2. I still have to ask an adult to use an app Roblox

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I still have to ask an adult to use an app Roblox: When I try to open up the microsoft store roblox, I must ask an adult even when I left the family and my mom also turned off the family. After all this, there still is trouble and I need help solving this problem.Ask for permissionYou'll need to ask an adult in your family if...
  3. I still have to ask an adult to use an app Roblox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I still have to ask an adult to use an app Roblox: When I try to open up the microsoft store roblox, I must ask an adult even when I left the family and my mom also turned off the family. After all this, there still is trouble and I need help solving this problem.Ask for permissionYou'll need to ask an adult in your family if...
  4. I still have to ask an adult to use an app Roblox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft store keeps asking me to search for another app to use Roblox

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store keeps asking me to search for another app to use Roblox: A few days ago I tried playing Roblox but when I pressed play, Microsoft Store asked me to look for another app to launch Roblox. So I searched up Roblox in Microsoft Store and selected it but it just kept loading for a really long time. Then I tried deleting and...
  6. Microsoft store keeps asking me to search for another app to use Roblox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store keeps asking me to search for another app to use Roblox: A few days ago I tried playing Roblox but when I pressed play, Microsoft Store asked me to look for another app to launch Roblox. So I searched up Roblox in Microsoft Store and selected it but it just kept loading for a really long time. Then I tried deleting and...
  7. Microsoft store keeps asking me to search for another app to use Roblox

8. Cortana keep asking me.

Cortana keep asking me.: After reinstalling my Windows 10 Home SL, my Cortana keeps asking me for Online speech recognition permission. Can you help me pls? *I can't see Cortana on category selection*[ATTACH]...
  9. SRT files keeps asking me what program I want to use to open title changed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SRT files keeps asking me what program I want to use to open title changed: I followed the directions below and Now when I download an SRT it just keeps asking me what program I want to associated with this file. I don't want a program to open this. How do I get it to stop asking me? If you cannot see file extensions already, go to Windows File...
  10. Microsoft Apps Keep Asking Me To Sign In

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Apps Keep Asking Me To Sign In: Hi, I have problems with Windows 10 (Build 18351). All Microsoft apps - One Drive, Store, Outlook, Powerpoint etc. etc. keep asking me to sign into my Windows account whenever I open them, even though I am logged into my PC OK with the account. This has been going on for...