Windows 10: I know its Beta but....

Discus and support I know its Beta but.... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm on the latest Windows 10 developer preview.... Not sure of the build number, etc... Window 8 just will not work with my precision trackpad on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by penguin, Jun 10, 2015.

1. penguin Win User

I know its Beta but....

I'm on the latest Windows 10 developer preview.... Not sure of the build number, etc...

Window 8 just will not work with my precision trackpad on my new Dell XPS 13. This is a known issue (yes, I've updated with all the latest firmwares and UEFI/BIOS.

So... Windows 10 Dev. preview solves 90% of the Precision Track Pad issues. However, that damn Cortina search thing keeps popping up.... I've disabled it, but need to kill the App from task manager to stop it. But it will relaunch with other applications...

I guess my biggest question... does Microsoft consider this a feature or a bug? IF it's a bug any work-around? If the search thing automatically popping up (to remind me it's there) any way to disable this "feature"?

Thanks..... Happy beta testing. I know its Beta but.... :)

:)

penguin, Jun 10, 2015

2. I know it's been asked, but it's been awhile...

There's a Swype-like keyboard coming to Windows Phone 8 with the 8.1 update from my understanding. That doesn't help you any though. Windows Phone 7 is a dead platform unfortunately, so MS isn't making updates for it and most developers are ignoring
    it as well.

fredgiblet, Jun 10, 2015
  3. I know it's been asked, but it's been awhile...

Most of your questions can be answered with the following sentence: Maybe, but certainly not for Windows Phone 7.

As far as your phone not being able to run NOVA 3, maybe it doesn't mean the minimum requirements for the game. Getting the message "Not Available for your phone" doesn't only mean that the OS is too old. There are plenty of other reasons this would be the
    case such as not enough RAM.

Once Upon a Time., Jun 10, 2015
  4. I know its Beta but....

It's hard to believe, that you're running the latest build and don't know what it is, when it's printed on the desktop screen, in the lower right hand corner.

What version of Windows 10 are you running? 32 bit or 64 bit?
    With a Clean Install or Upgrade. ???
    Forever, upgrades have always been subject to bugs and mixed code.
    Only a Clean Install is likely to be free of problems.

Cheers Mate!
    *Cool

TechnoMage, Jun 10, 2015
  5. penguin Win User
    Not on mine... But I'm sorry you are having a hard time coming to the conclusion you don't know everything...

Perhaps it's because I have the Developer Preview, and you use consumer previews?

As far as I know the Search App in Windows 10 is not from Wndows 8. Even the digital signature is from late 2014... Windows 8 digital sigs are from long ago...

But thanks.

penguin, Jun 10, 2015
  6. See if this helps:
    Cortana - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Slartybart, Jun 10, 2015
  7. penguin Win User
    Awesome! Thanks, SlartyBart!

Thumbs up!

penguin, Jun 10, 2015
  8. I know its Beta but....

I'm glad that helped

*Thumbs to you too *Wink

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

I know its Beta but....

1. I know its Beta but.... - Similar Threads - Beta

2. ms pc manager public beta is not working in my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ms pc manager public beta is not working in my laptop: ms pc manager beta is not working on my laptop; it used to work, but I used some apps to clean up my PC and cleared some space. After that, my pc manager stopped working and showed a random script in the application. attaching a screenshot of it....
  3. ms pc manager public beta is not working in my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ms pc manager public beta is not working in my laptop: ms pc manager beta is not working on my laptop; it used to work, but I used some apps to clean up my PC and cleared some space. After that, my pc manager stopped working and showed a random script in the application. attaching a screenshot of it....
  4. Does Microsoft like Windows Chicago Beta of Windows 95 ISOs being leaked? If so, why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Microsoft like Windows Chicago Beta of Windows 95 ISOs being leaked? If so, why?: Chicago is the beta for 95. I have collected 12 builds of it. Does Microsoft like these ISOs being leaked? If so, why? These builds are 28 to 30 years old! Why does Microsoft even care? Oh yeah, and also, you can't stop the BetaArchive from leaking these builds....
  5. Does Microsoft like Windows Chicago Beta of Windows 95 ISOs being leaked? If so, why?

Does Microsoft like Windows Chicago Beta of Windows 95 ISOs being leaked? If so, why?: Chicago is the beta for 95. I have collected 12 builds of it. Does Microsoft like these ISOs being leaked? If so, why? These builds are 28 to 30 years old! Why does Microsoft even care? Oh yeah, and also, you can't stop the BetaArchive from leaking these builds....
  6. What the difference between win 11 pro in the insider beta channel and the current new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What the difference between win 11 pro in the insider beta channel and the current new...: What the difference between win 11 pro in the insider beta channel and the current new retail version release I like to buy new release of win 11 pro...
  7. What the difference between win 11 pro in the insider beta channel and the current new...

What the difference between win 11 pro in the insider beta channel and the current new...: What the difference between win 11 pro in the insider beta channel and the current new retail version release I like to buy new release of win 11 pro...
  8. Problem uninstalling PC Manager beta from Microsoft website.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem uninstalling PC Manager beta from Microsoft website.: Hello, today I have installed the PC Manager from Microsoft Store and want to uninstall the beta version. When I uninstall, the app stay on my Windows 11. Any tips?...
  9. Problem uninstalling PC Manager beta from Microsoft website.

Problem uninstalling PC Manager beta from Microsoft website.: Hello, today I have installed the PC Manager from Microsoft Store and want to uninstall the beta version. When I uninstall, the app stay on my Windows 11. Any tips?...
  10. Windows search doesn't show web result in Windows 11 Beta preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search doesn't show web result in Windows 11 Beta preview: After a recent update 22635.2776, beta channel I can no longer search the web on the search bar, but I can search files and folders. Anybody with the same problem?I'm in Italy, and Copilot is not available in Europe. I don't know if this is related....