Windows 10: I know that you need all vs studio c++ distros but can i uninstall/move the installer's folder?

Discus and support I know that you need all vs studio c++ distros but can i uninstall/move the installer's folder? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I know that you need the installer of an app in case the app is damaged and you need to repair the app but can i move the installer. The issue i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mervinpais14, Feb 27, 2021.

1. I know that you need all vs studio c++ distros but can i uninstall/move the installer's folder?

I know that you need the installer of an app in case the app is damaged and you need to repair the app but can i move the installer. The issue i have is, can i move this folder encircled in red from these protected folders in windowsbelow is the image of what I'm seeing I know that you need all vs studio c++ distros but can i uninstall/move the installer's folder? bd814e3c-3d58-4be9-9fd1-a108ccf5ffd6?upload=true.png

:)

Mervinpais14, Feb 27, 2021
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink I know that you need all vs studio c++ distros but can i uninstall/move the installer's folder? ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Feb 27, 2021
  3. Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 x64 Installation Failure

I suggest you to uninstall any existing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package to check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the exiting Microsoft Visual C++.

a) Press Windows key + x key and select
    Programs and Features

b) Right click on the Microsoft Visual C++ and uninstall it.

Step 2: Download the latest Microsoft Visual C++ and install it.

Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015

Andre Da Costa, Feb 27, 2021
  4. Louie Del Win User

I know that you need all vs studio c++ distros but can i uninstall/move the installer's folder?

can't install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017

Hi,

Since you've already used the suggested full installer for Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017, can you confirm if you've also tried the solutions in the link above provided by
    Andrea Da Costa? Let us know if you're getting the same concern so we can recommend additional troubleshooting steps.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Louie Del, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

I know that you need all vs studio c++ distros but can i uninstall/move the installer's folder?

1. I know that you need all vs studio c++ distros but can i uninstall/move the installer's folder? - Similar Threads - need studio c++

2. Can I move C:\Windows\installer folder to another drive to free up space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I move C:\Windows\installer folder to another drive to free up space: Can I move C:\Windows\installer folder to another drive to free up space, I am using server 2016Also, can i move any of the following to another driveC:\Windows\fontsC:\Windows\servicingC:\Windows\speachC:\Windows\infC:\Windows\imeC:\Windows\serviceprofiles...
  3. CAN YOU C**TS STOP REINSTALLING SOFTWARE I UNINSTALL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CAN YOU C**TS STOP REINSTALLING SOFTWARE I UNINSTALL: WHO EVER'S F**KING BRIGHT IDEA IT WAS TO KEEP RE-INSTALLING F**KING SH*T I DONT USE AND DON'T WANT ON MY SYSTEM NEEDS TO BE BEATEN WITH A HAMMER WITH IN AN INCH OF HIS LIFE.JUST F**KING STOP IT YOU C**TS.F**K OFF.EVERY F***KING TIME......
  4. Can i use a VS 2019 Project in VS studio 2022?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i use a VS 2019 Project in VS studio 2022?: im not sure what catagory i can put this in because is no vs studio optioni have an app in Visual studio 2019 and i want to use it in Visual studio 2022, can i do that?, the app uses framework 4.7.2 in Visual Studio 2019 and i want to use it in the newer vs 2022. i know this...
  5. Can i use a VS 2019 Project in VS studio 2022?

Can i use a VS 2019 Project in VS studio 2022?: im not sure what catagory i can put this in because is no vs studio optioni have an app in Visual studio 2019 and i want to use it in Visual studio 2022, can i do that?, the app uses framework 4.7.2 in Visual Studio 2019 and i want to use it in the newer vs 2022. i know this...
  6. Can i uninstall microsoft Visual Studio

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can i uninstall microsoft Visual Studio: Hello, i have a problem uninstalling Microsoft Visual Studio because its 9.7GB its a file and the file there is: 2019,Shared and 2017 And I cant uninstall it and I'm not sure if it's safe to delete the file. There is no program in the apps like Microsoft Visual Studio....
  7. Can I uninstall all these Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributions?

Can I uninstall all these Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributions?: I am running low on space on my laptop's hard drive and I decided to uninstall some programs which I deemed unnecessary. While scrolling through the list of programs I came across a plethora of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributions ranging from the year 2005 all the way to...
  8. Can I use VS Code to code in C ?

Can I use VS Code to code in C ?: I was wondering if I could use VS Code to program C projects? I don't know much about the language and I thought that I might try to learn a little. I did some research and found a way to compile C code using MSbuild in VS Code. But I was wondering If I could use VS Code to...
  9. You need administrator permission to move to this folder

You need administrator permission to move to this folder: Hello, Just a bit ago I was trying to move some stuff from a .zip file to a folder, but when I did so, a message box came up saying: You need Administrator permissions to move to this folder. And the two options are Try again or Cancel, if I click try again the same thing...
  10. Microsoft Surface Studio 2: Everything you need to know

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Surface Studio 2: Everything you need to know: Microsoft at its Surface Event at New York City yesterday announced the second generation Surface Studio 2. The Surface Studio 2 is on similar lines to the company’s first generation Surface Studio but comes with upgraded hardware. The Surface Studio 2 comes with a new...