Windows 10: I left my computer idle and it bluescreened. I will never know why.

Discus and support I left my computer idle and it bluescreened. I will never know why. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Title says enough. I got on my computer a little while ago only to find that it had mysteriously rebooted. I looked in the event log and discovered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by allam447635, Mar 30, 2018.

1. I left my computer idle and it bluescreened. I will never know why.

Title says enough. I got on my computer a little while ago only to find that it had mysteriously rebooted. I looked in the event log and discovered that about 25 minutes ago there was a blue screen. No one was around the computer at that time, ruling out the cold boot bug. Again, no one was near the computer, so we'll never know.

:)

allam447635, Mar 30, 2018

2. When i left my pc idle after few minutes it went to sleep. and how should i resolve this.

Is it the same HP computer as in this other recent thread of yours?...

PA Bear - MS MVP, Mar 30, 2018
  3. Gino Des Win User
    When i left my pc idle after few minutes it went to sleep. and how should i resolve this.

Hi Joydeep,

We appreciate you for including a screenshot of the Event Viewer in your post. This will help us and other community members narrow down the cause of this issue. However, a few possible reasons can still cause this error. To help us further isolate the cause
    of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• Are you able to wake your computer after it goes to sleep?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you checked if your computer is set to sleep or hibernate after a few minutes of inactivity in the
      Power & sleep settings?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?

In the meantime, we recommend that you run the Power troubleshooter to find and fix problems with your computer's power settings. To run the troubleshooter, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Under Power, click on Power.

Additionally, check if all the devices on your computer have the latest driver. Driver updates for Windows 10 are automatically downloaded and installed through Windows Update. Kindly refer to the following link for steps on how to update drivers:

Update drivers in Windows 10

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Mar 30, 2018
  4. Spectrum Win User

I left my computer idle and it bluescreened. I will never know why.

Spectrum, Mar 30, 2018
  5. But to run that program, I will need my father's password, and trying to talk to him about it is like talking to a wall.

allam447635, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

I left my computer idle and it bluescreened. I will never know why.

1. I left my computer idle and it bluescreened. I will never know why. - Similar Threads - left computer idle

2. Bsod when I left my pc idle.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod when I left my pc idle.: When i left my pc idle, its crashes about 10 min later. cause of bsod varies every time. My pc is new and I cant figure out why this is happening. here is dump file below, help me please!https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ant5Qg6x4scwgjuFs0U0tX9-kXJL?e=0oa8hr Thank you....
  3. Bsod when I left my pc idle.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod when I left my pc idle.: When i left my pc idle, its crashes about 10 min later. cause of bsod varies every time. My pc is new and I cant figure out why this is happening. here is dump file below, help me please!https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ant5Qg6x4scwgjuFs0U0tX9-kXJL?e=0oa8hr Thank you....
  4. Bsod when I left my pc idle.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer Blue screens when I have left it idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Blue screens when I have left it idle: Hi, Every time I leave my laptop idle for more than 5 minutes, it blue screens. It is brand new and I have run many diagnostic tests with no issues shown. Any suggestions for what I should consider/ test next?...
  6. Computer Blue screens when I have left it idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Blue screens when I have left it idle: Hi, Every time I leave my laptop idle for more than 5 minutes, it blue screens. It is brand new and I have run many diagnostic tests with no issues shown. Any suggestions for what I should consider/ test next?...
  7. How do i adjust the time if left idle my computer will log out?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i adjust the time if left idle my computer will log out?: I changed the setting to 1 minute so if my computer is left idle for 1 minute it logs out. But now I need my computer to not do that anymore, and never log out. Does anyone know where the setting is? I can no longer find it. submitted by /u/trevormooresoul [link]...
  8. Why I left Windows 10 and will probably never return

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why I left Windows 10 and will probably never return: This is really just a rant against the current state of Windows 10 and why I recommend you ditch it in favor of another operating system. Please hear me out, because you might be pleasantly surprised by the results I got.So it all started when I got a new laptop. Right out of...
  9. BSOD whenever computer is left idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD whenever computer is left idle: I have a relatively new laptop that I just purchased a couple months ago. About a week ago it started to BSOD whenever it is idle for about 10 minutes. I ran the sfc cleanup that I saw on other forums, made sure the .net framework 64 was disabled, and have clean installed...
  10. Bluescreen, and i don't know why

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluescreen, and i don't know why: Hello, I'm reaching out to know what was the cause of my Bluescreen, i don't really know where i can find the right answers, i Copy / Paste to you the Log report. (Btw i'm french so the log will be in french, sorry) -------------------------------------------------------...