Windows 10: I like the search feature, but this is unacceptable. Just why, Microsoft?!

Discus and support I like the search feature, but this is unacceptable. Just why, Microsoft?! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Johtoboy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kixwuz/i_like_the_search_feature_but_this_is/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Johtoboy, Dec 23, 2020.

1. I like the search feature, but this is unacceptable. Just why, Microsoft?!

/u/Johtoboy, Dec 23, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 23, 2020
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done I like the search feature, but this is unacceptable. Just why, Microsoft?! :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Dec 23, 2020
  4. I like the search feature, but this is unacceptable. Just why, Microsoft?!

I can't find the search for files feature on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Are you referring to the search box in taskbar?

I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if you can bring the search box to taskbar.

• Right Click on Taskbar

• Select Search

• Tick on Show search box
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

I like the search feature, but this is unacceptable. Just why, Microsoft?!

1. I like the search feature, but this is unacceptable. Just why, Microsoft?! - Similar Threads - search feature unacceptable

2. Unacceptable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unacceptable: I was attempting to call about an issue with SCOOBE, specifically that it delayed urgent work. Then after attempting to call support you discontinue all phone-based support for "the customers benefit." Use of my computer has been interrupted by promotional activities, on a...
  3. Unacceptable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unacceptable: I was attempting to call about an issue with SCOOBE, specifically that it delayed urgent work. Then after attempting to call support you discontinue all phone-based support for "the customers benefit." Use of my computer has been interrupted by promotional activities, on a...
  4. Microsoft’s unacceptable policy. Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft’s unacceptable policy. Why?: Yesterday I was subjected to the Trojan hoax. It took me more than hour to recognize the scam which showed a degree of sophistication which included the name and ID of a Microsoft technician. I have done what I can to deal with this. But despite multiple efforts including a...
  5. Microsoft’s unacceptable policy. Why?

Microsoft’s unacceptable policy. Why?: Yesterday I was subjected to the Trojan hoax. It took me more than hour to recognize the scam which showed a degree of sophistication which included the name and ID of a Microsoft technician. I have done what I can to deal with this. But despite multiple efforts including a...
  6. Microsoft’s unacceptable policy. Why?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE - MICROSOFT RANSOMWARE WITH BITLOCKER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE - MICROSOFT RANSOMWARE WITH BITLOCKER: Hello, I recently purchased a laptop containing a Windows 11 OS. Just like always, I shut down the laptop and installed updates. AT NO POINT DID MICROSOFT WARN ME ABOUT BITLOCKER AND THE RECOVERY KEY.Come to find out on start up, I can't even log into my own computer. There...
  8. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE - MICROSOFT RANSOMWARE WITH BITLOCKER

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE - MICROSOFT RANSOMWARE WITH BITLOCKER: Hello, I recently purchased a laptop containing a Windows 11 OS. Just like always, I shut down the laptop and installed updates. AT NO POINT DID MICROSOFT WARN ME ABOUT BITLOCKER AND THE RECOVERY KEY.Come to find out on start up, I can't even log into my own computer. There...
  9. Cmon Microsoft this is unacceptable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cmon Microsoft this is unacceptable: [ATTACH] Happens once every few weeks. Whole computer slowes down to the point my cursor freezes for a second submitted by /u/Aggressive_Pattern95 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/y4s2yr/cmon_microsoft_this_is_unacceptable/
  10. a useful search feature for windows 10 (just like windows XP had)

a useful search feature for windows 10 (just like windows XP had): lets not comment on the "search" feature that comes with windows 10 (my mother always said when our family was younger "if you can not say anything nice, dont say anything at all) Is there a program I can install on Windows 10 that makes the search feature as good what...