Windows 10: i like to start cortana

Discus and support i like to start cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; how can i start Cortana! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-like-to-start-cortana/647e80b9-8f40-4b4e-b4ac-ff96abf5248b" Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Hannekevan Brakel, Apr 22, 2019.

1. i like to start cortana

how can i start Cortana!

:)

Hannekevan Brakel, Apr 22, 2019

2. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Apr 22, 2019
  3. Cortana not working (surface 3)

Hi Tom,

You may experience Cortana issues due to damaged operating system files or corrupted user profiles. To resolve such concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• When are you exactly having issues with Cortana? What task are you performing?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the series of steps in this
    article
    which lists all troubleshooting steps for Cortana issues.

Let us know if the steps on the link addressed your concern.

Angela Pun, Apr 22, 2019
  4. Dewdrop_ Win User

i like to start cortana

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

i like to start cortana

1. i like to start cortana - Similar Threads - start cortana

2. Windows 11 Pro: how to add cortana to the start menu and taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro: how to add cortana to the start menu and taskbar: I can only find directions on disabling and removing cortana which is NOT what i want to do. I want to be able to access cortana as easily as i did in windows 10. is there any way to add it back to the start menu or the taskbar?...
  3. Windows 11 Pro: how to add cortana to the start menu and taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro: how to add cortana to the start menu and taskbar: I can only find directions on disabling and removing cortana which is NOT what i want to do. I want to be able to access cortana as easily as i did in windows 10. is there any way to add it back to the start menu or the taskbar?...
  4. Taskbar, Start menu,search And cortana are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar, Start menu,search And cortana are not working: So I logged on my pc And i noticed all icons in task bar are gone so when i try to click the start menu its not working And when i put my cursor on the search My cursor becomes the loading thingyI tried restarting file explorer and it didnt workHelp...
  5. My windows key, start button, search bar, and cortana, and some functions such as searching...

in Cortana
    My windows key, start button, search bar, and cortana, and some functions such as searching...: Help, i recently switched over from windows 7 to windows 10, my laptop is a toshiba laptop, and my windows key, start button, search bar, and cortana, and some functions such as searching in downloads isnt working. please help....
  6. Windows 10 LTSC Deployment; Start Menu and Cortana not working after Sysprep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 LTSC Deployment; Start Menu and Cortana not working after Sysprep: Hello!I'm creating a Windows 10 image that we'll be distributing and used for medical devices. I have the two answer files needed for the initial setup of the users, partitions, and other settings. Everything works fine like how it did when we did it for Windows 7, but after...
  7. Getting file system error -2144927436 on launching photos, start/cortana/time/search wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting file system error -2144927436 on launching photos, start/cortana/time/search wont open: So im using Windows 10. I try to open an image, and it throws file system errors when i do.May someone please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-file-system-error-2144927436-on-launching/5c8782eb-11e5-4b3a-944e-96f29ec7bb06
  8. Black Screen for Brief 1-2 seconds after clicking Start or Cortana on task bar or when I...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen for Brief 1-2 seconds after clicking Start or Cortana on task bar or when I...: I have a Dell Precision M4600 running Windows 10 OS. When I click on the Cortana search bar the screen will go black for about 1-2 seconds, and then come back with Cortana opened like normal. Visually everything is normal when the display comes back. The same thing occurs...
  9. My Windows Start, Search and Cortana are not working

in Cortana
    My Windows Start, Search and Cortana are not working: How do I fix?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-start-search-and-cortana-are-not/d42c9475-2eab-4ab0-a023-a973c678d1a6
  10. start button and Cortana are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    start button and Cortana are not working: I was receiving a message as my window's license will expire soon so I ask to the technical support Microsoft about it they said it because I have a old version so they take remote control of my pc an install a new version as they said I didn't know but the look it's very old...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to start cortana