Windows 10: I like to uninstall and role back windows updates as they have broken my PC

Discus and support I like to uninstall and role back windows updates as they have broken my PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I need help, there are many new crippling bugs that have been introduced over the last 6 to 12 months from various windows updates. Its now so bad that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bjtaudio, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Bjtaudio Win User

I like to uninstall and role back windows updates as they have broken my PC

I need help, there are many new crippling bugs that have been introduced over the last 6 to 12 months from various windows updates. Its now so bad that I cannot use my windows 10 PC properly.

my question is how can i uninstall all the windows 10 updates in the last 12 months, to get my pc working again, so far it just reinstall them on reboot, like a revolving door and auto update cannot be disabled.

here are some main bugs:-

bug1

Windows will not connect to some smb1 windows file shares when you try to map a drive using an ip address on local network. If a mapped drive that has failed to reconnect and if it is removed form explore it just crashes file explorer. This seems to have has been fixed in the latest update thou but it still a bit buggy. it some times will connect using the netbios name of a file server but not the ip address.

bug2

Microsoft have caused a strange bug with express VPN app lately, where when this app is enabled it cripples speeds to locally connected web servers on the local network the pc is connected too. If you disconnect VPN all works fine again, this bug came with a march recent update.

Bug 3

A audio compression limiting is being automatically applied to all audio outputs on the computer, it effectively reduces the dynamic range and stops clipping, but it also spoils the sound, by constantly changing the volume hence lows level sound get louder while loud sounds are reduced. This is a crippling bug as it like some it constantly changing the volume to keep levels constant. This is unacceptable, there is no way of disabling this feature, as its a bug. I spent over an hour with tech support on this issue with case number 1020984466 Jayvee and had no idea how to fix it.

the bug was introduced last last year and still is current.

bug 4

when running another operating system in a virtual machine under Virtual box, it can no longer connect to or map network drives on local network, but it can map and can connect to folders shared on the local host that Virtual box is running on. this is yet another bug that came with a update early this year.

bug5

when sharing a folder on the PC there is no visual indication like a hand at bottom of folder to show it is being shared. This is either a bug or poor visual design by Microsoft.

finally serious bug 6 or bad design..

when attempting to remove or uninstall updates that caused ALL these bugs, windows simply just re-installs them again on reboot, there is no option to switch auto update off completely. This is bad as if an update breaks a customers machine there is no way of uninstalling the update to get the computer working again. This can and has impacted on a business by crippling the computers and can cause loss of productivity, it is a legal requirement that when writing software that it is fit for the purpose and has been tested properly, the fact the updates cannot be uninstalled anymore raises some legal questions and can a business sue for loss and damage, considering the update cannot be uninstalled.

suggestion:

Either another update is release to fix these issues or re-enable the ability to remove these broken and crippling updates.

:)

Bjtaudio, Apr 18, 2021

2. Realtek audio broken with update, Also microsoft chat is broken

My audio is ruined with this last update, i've done every step and recommended action listed by microsoft and every suggestion on the first 20 pages of google search. Realtek is no longer showing up anywhere, like microsoft disabled it, microsoft chat is
    also broken, requesting to speak with a human brings you to a couple options, all of which are broken and clicking on "chat" closes the window and nothing happens, this is absolutely disgusting, i've spent the last 4 hours trying to get my tablet, my audio,
    and microsoft support to work.

way to treat your customers....................

[Moved from:Windows/Windows 10/Windows update, recovery, & backup]

StewartMckinna, Apr 18, 2021
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused I like to uninstall and role back windows updates as they have broken my PC :confused:

oli_ramsay, Apr 18, 2021
  4. I like to uninstall and role back windows updates as they have broken my PC

Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

I like to uninstall and role back windows updates as they have broken my PC

1. I like to uninstall and role back windows updates as they have broken my PC - Similar Threads - uninstall role updates

2. Windows update yesterday has broken my Pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update yesterday has broken my Pc: Windows update 17/11 has totally stuffed my PC . It took me over 12Hours yesterday to unbrick it having tried multiple times in recovery mode to start repair, chkdsk repair etc, I was finally able to perform a system restore in RECOVERY to get it going after BSOD.Today it...
  3. Windows update yesterday has broken my Pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update yesterday has broken my Pc: Windows update 17/11 has totally stuffed my PC . It took me over 12Hours yesterday to unbrick it having tried multiple times in recovery mode to start repair, chkdsk repair etc, I was finally able to perform a system restore in RECOVERY to get it going after BSOD.Today it...
  4. Windows update yesterday has broken my Pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I restarted my pc after it wanted to update and came back to this (I recently uninstalled...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I restarted my pc after it wanted to update and came back to this (I recently uninstalled...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Xipz_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jbg6rt/i_restarted_my_pc_after_it_wanted_to_update_and/
  6. I have a program on my PC that I would like to uninstall, but it does not work. Can you help me?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have a program on my PC that I would like to uninstall, but it does not work. Can you help me?: It's about the program "Oracle VM Virtualbox" I have accidentally deleted the file of the program and emptied the recycle bin. The program still works but I want to uninstall it now, but I can't do that. I go to Control Panel, then Programs and then I want to uninstall it....
  7. I have uninstalled my audio drivers and cannot get them back.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have uninstalled my audio drivers and cannot get them back.: I am having a problem with my audio drivers. I was hearing muffled audio while the mic was in use, so I decided to reinstall my audio drivers. I have done this before, and the method I use is uninstalling the driver through the device manager and letting windows restore the...
  8. i think my pc is broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    i think my pc is broken: 0x80072676 (0x80070032) could not find the recover enviroment mycombobject.dll failed to load i got all those issues and more how could i fix them email me on *** Email address is removed for privacy *** i need help so bad so pls help me microsoft i have tried everything i...
  9. Broken: Administrator role

in Windows 10 Customization
    Broken: Administrator role: Hi all, Hoping I'm in the right place and that someone can help me. Disclosure: I'm not very fluent with computers, they weren't really part of my generation. So please if you reply... can I request the "For Dumbies" version :) That would be greatly appreciated!...
  10. Sound seems broken. Feels like I have tried everything.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound seems broken. Feels like I have tried everything.: Hello Anything that is supposed to play sound does not play sound. Anything that played a sound before yesterday does not play sound now, whether it'd be on YouTube, Dailymotion, Spotify, an application, etc. I have tried running the sound troubleshooter and from there I...