Windows 10: i like windows 8.1 horizontal start screen, charm bar and all apps...i want it back...thanks.

Discus and support i like windows 8.1 horizontal start screen, charm bar and all apps...i want it back...thanks. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i like windows 8.1 horizontal start screen, charm bar, all apps, and windows start screen zoom in and zoom out effects. i like its tiles apps closing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jayesh kapadia1, Feb 27, 2024.

1. i like windows 8.1 horizontal start screen, charm bar and all apps...i want it back...thanks.

i like windows 8.1 horizontal start screen, charm bar, all apps, and windows start screen zoom in and zoom out effects. i like its tiles apps closing style, its colourful taskbar with colourful titlebar, one more thing is that i also like windows 7 win+tab effect with sliding windows i miss it too much,,, i request to microsoft that in the next version of windows , make this all effects of windows 8.1. thanks

:)

jayesh kapadia1, Feb 27, 2024
  2. z3r010 Win User

Windows Threshold: The dynamics of having no Charms bar

Read more

z3r010, Feb 27, 2024
  3. Horizontal swipe for apps available in windows 10?

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

In Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 a feature known as 'Charms Bar' enabled this feature where you could swipe from the right edge and open the Charms bar to access Start and other features. However, with Windows 10 that feature is not available.

As a work around, you may place your taskbar on the right edge of the screen rather than at the bottom of the screen. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Right click anywhere at the blank area on the taskbar which is the small bar at the bottom of the screen and click on properties.
    • Uncheck the box which says 'lock the taskbar' and click on OK.
    • Click the taskbar and drag it all the way to the right edge of the screen.
    • Follow step 1 and 2 and select 'lock the taskbar' and click on ok.

Hope this information was helpful. Feel free to reply if you have any other questions.

Sahil Bali, Feb 27, 2024
  4. i like windows 8.1 horizontal start screen, charm bar and all apps...i want it back...thanks.

Windows 9 start menu in action

The only real usage issues with Windows 8/8.1 are the Start screen and Charms bar. Luckily they're doing away with the Charms bar and they've brought back the traditional Start menu, but with tiles.

I liked the tiles, but the fact that it needed a whole screen was not very productive unlike Windows 7.

Cheeseball, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

i like windows 8.1 horizontal start screen, charm bar and all apps...i want it back...thanks.

1. i like windows 8.1 horizontal start screen, charm bar and all apps...i want it back...thanks. - Similar Threads - horizontal start screen

2. i like windows 8.1 horizontal start screen, charm bar and all apps...i want it back...thanks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i like windows 8.1 horizontal start screen, charm bar and all apps...i want it back...thanks.: i like windows 8.1 horizontal start screen, charm bar, all apps, and windows start screen zoom in and zoom out effects. i like its tiles apps closing style, its colourful taskbar with colourful titlebar, one more thing is that i also like windows 7 win+tab effect with sliding...
  3. how can i get back The Windows 8.1 Charms Bar on Windows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i get back The Windows 8.1 Charms Bar on Windows 11 ?: i think the title is my question, So https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-back-the-windows-81-charms-bar-on/f5933c4b-074b-4fe5-b7aa-f04700c78fb1
  4. Windows 10 leak suggests Windows 8 charms bar-like feature is coming

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 leak suggests Windows 8 charms bar-like feature is coming: We reported recently that Microsoft’s Sun Valley Update for Windows 10 will also include productivity and multitasking features in addition to cosmetic changes. Now there’s a bit more to add to the story. According to a new report, Microsoft is internally testing a new...
  5. I want Windows 8 Back!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want Windows 8 Back!: Is there any way to convert Windows 10 back to Windows 8. OneDrive is the worst program I have ever run into. I cannot work with this new computer. I turned off OneDrive and when I do anything or try to save anything it always wants to save to One Drive. If I can't fix this,...
  6. The Charms bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Charms bar: Is it possible to disable the charms bar in 8.1 so that it doesn't keep popping up? I never use it. 7294
  7. Horizontal white bars whenever I start up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Horizontal white bars whenever I start up.: On Monday, I moved my desktop to my mates' house so we could game together. It was fine. On Tuesday, I moved my desktop back home. I plugged it bak into my screen and turned it on. The first few start-up attempts, my screen just said 'No Signal,' which made me think that...
  8. charms bar

in Windows 10 Support
    charms bar: any chance of coming up with something that restores the charms bar? 2447
  9. View Poll Results: Do you want the Charms Bar back?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Do you want the Charms Bar back?: Just curious, how many of you would be in favor of bringing the Charms Bar back to Windows 10? -Chuck 4006
  10. Windows 10: The Charms bar is dead; Start screen dead...

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: The Charms bar is dead; Start screen dead...: Late last week, Microsoft pushed out a new build of Windows 10 to those of you who are participating in the 'Insiders' program. The latest version of Windows 10 comes with it many new features, some easily accessible, others not, but one thing is for certain, the Charms bar...