Windows 10: I like Windows Backup & Restore

Discus and support I like Windows Backup & Restore in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Win 10 64 Pro 1903. I need a new backup system for a heavily used laptop with important docs on it. SSD system drive. I'm thinking of a WD desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by pbug56, Feb 2, 2020.

1. pbug56 Win User

I like Windows Backup & Restore

Win 10 64 Pro 1903.

I need a new backup system for a heavily used laptop with important docs on it. SSD system drive. I'm thinking of a WD desktop external USB3. I've never gotten WD backup software to work - plus I actually like WIndows Backup & Restore, which I use on another system as well.

Is there any reason not to go this route? I know it CAN be a pain to get WBR working but I've done it before. If you say NO, do you have a better idea on what to use for software? Same for hardware?

Thanks!

:)

pbug56, Feb 2, 2020
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Feb 2, 2020
  3. installing windows 10 backup and restore later

1. Backup Vista
    2. Upgrade Vista->Windows 7 -> Windows 10. Get activated.
    3. Backup Windows 10.
    4. Clean Install Windows 10. Make sure still activated
    5. Backup a fresh copy of Windows 10
    6. Restore

To perform step 4 i will need to have downloaded an iso and create a dvd or usb to boot from.....so will not this ISO be ok and the one you mention ?

reddwarf4ever, Feb 2, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

I like Windows Backup & Restore [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

1. I like Windows Backup & Restore - Similar Threads - Backup Restore

2. Can You Restore Specific Files From a Backup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can You Restore Specific Files From a Backup?: I recently got a new desktop and while starting it up and signing into my Microsoft account it gave me the option of restoring my laptop's backup.If it matters, the laptop ran off of Windows 10 while the new desktop runs Windows 11Is there a way to restore/access specific...
  3. Can You Restore Specific Files From a Backup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can You Restore Specific Files From a Backup?: I recently got a new desktop and while starting it up and signing into my Microsoft account it gave me the option of restoring my laptop's backup.If it matters, the laptop ran off of Windows 10 while the new desktop runs Windows 11Is there a way to restore/access specific...
  4. Can I use a restore point as an alternative backup option while updating to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use a restore point as an alternative backup option while updating to Windows 11?: I don't really use OneDrive, so I thought of using the "Create a restore point" service to back up my files. Will this be a good alternative, though?...
  5. Can I use a restore point as an alternative backup option while updating to Windows 11?

Can I use a restore point as an alternative backup option while updating to Windows 11?: I don't really use OneDrive, so I thought of using the "Create a restore point" service to back up my files. Will this be a good alternative, though?...
  6. Can I use a restore point as an alternative backup option while updating to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows backup image restore.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows backup image restore.: Hello everybody,I have two hard drives on my laptop. One of them is partitioned in two parts, both with an operative system Windows 10, one used for gaming and the other for working.The other hard drive is used for backup.I made months ago a System backup image of the...
  8. Windows backup image restore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows backup image restore.: Hello everybody,I have two hard drives on my laptop. One of them is partitioned in two parts, both with an operative system Windows 10, one used for gaming and the other for working.The other hard drive is used for backup.I made months ago a System backup image of the...
  9. Windows backup image restore.

10. How to backup and restore the Windows 11 registry?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to backup and restore the Windows 11 registry?: I'm new to Windows 11 I'm running 23H2, 22631.3447. I would like to install a piece of software namely, Winaero Tweaker that will likely make changes to the Windows 11 registry. I would like to backup the registry in case problems arise. How do I perform a one-time backup of...