Windows 10: I linked PC to the MS account, but I get "you don’t have any applicable device" error

Discus and support I linked PC to the MS account, but I get "you don’t have any applicable device" error in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I want to install MineCraft on my PC Windows 10. When I go to the website and click on Free Trial, I get the message:It looks like you don’t have any... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Gil_HG, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Gil_HG Win User

I linked PC to the MS account, but I get "you don’t have any applicable device" error

I want to install MineCraft on my PC Windows 10. When I go to the website and click on Free Trial, I get the message:It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account.I followed the instructions and linked my Device to the MS account. I can see that it is linked on https://account.microsoft.com/devicesHowever, I still get the error message above when I try to install MineCraft.Can someone please help?

:)

Gil_HG, Jul 25, 2021

2. ‘No applicable devices linked to Microsoft account’

Hello Greg,

I recently upgraded to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. When I try to install a game, while signed into my account, from the MS webpage, I get a dialog box stating:

Where do you want to install?

It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account.

My account manger shows my PC on my devices' listing page. I linked to the manager using the same account, which displays "My account login" on both the page trying to install and the devices listing. Apparently the dialog cannot access the devices linked
    to my account.

When I did not use the "...." -> "Install on my devices" and just clicked "Install/play" the install did kick off and is apparently working.

Chillin369, Jul 25, 2021
  3. MS Store says I don't have any applicable devices linked to this account

Bought Minecraft from the MS Store and am trying to install it on my PC. The account page shows my PC listed as the sole device linked to the account, but when I try to hit the Install button, I'm told that I have "No applicable devices linked to this account".

I've researched this and find thousands of people with the same problem, so I tried all of the offered solutions, including wsreset of the Store, fully updating Windows 10, and many other attempts. I was not able to delete the datastore.edb file because
    it's always "in use" (even after a cold restart).

What's the solution here? Surely MS must have fixed this critical problem by now? Thousands of people who paid money for an app and then can't install it, can't be ignored, right? They must have fixed this, right? Well, I hope so. I would greatly appreciate
    any other suggestions or insights from the community, I'm about ready to tear my hair out.

Thank you!

GamerGalInSeattle, Jul 25, 2021
  4. I linked PC to the MS account, but I get "you don’t have any applicable device" error

Unable to delete PC from MS Account devices

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Are you trying to remove your device, by logging in to your account through browser?

• Is the issue persist to specific device?

I would suggest you to try logging in to your Microsoft account using other browser and try removing the device.

Follow the below steps.

• Go the Sign in to your Microsoft account site, and sign in to your Microsoft account.

• Click/tap on the Manage advanced security link under Security & Privacy.

• Scroll down towards the bottom of the page to the Trusted devices section, and click/tap on the Remove all the trusted devices associated with my account link.

• Click/tap on Remove all trusted devices to confirm.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 25, 2021
Thema:

I linked PC to the MS account, but I get "you don’t have any applicable device" error

1. I linked PC to the MS account, but I get "you don’t have any applicable device" error - Similar Threads - linked account don’t

2. "It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To...: I got a new PC and tried to reinstall minecraft on it. I am logged on with my Microsoft account on both computers.When I go to https://account.microsoft.com/devices it shows me both devices.When I went...
  3. "It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To...: I got a new PC and tried to reinstall minecraft on it. I am logged on with my Microsoft account on both computers.When I go to https://account.microsoft.com/devices it shows me both devices.When I went...
  4. don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account.: Hi i have tried all the suggestions i can find while googling this issue. I was unable to delete the datastore.edb because it keeps saying its in use. so i googled how to fix that and that didnt work either. so im completely stuck i purchased the gamepass and cant download...
  5. I get........It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get........It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft...: "To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account." That was the rest of what we see after purchasing Minecraft for Windows 10. Obviously not tech savvy AT ALL. I have tried to find ways via PC, Microsoft, and XBOX. Embarrassed and lost....
  6. It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To...: Hello, I have this issue, and I have tried all the suggestions that I could find on internet, and it didnt help at all. I have quite new windows version Windows 10 Version 1909 I have device linked with my MS account. I have verified my MS account and its signed in...
  7. It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account.: I am sorry to belabor the point and please do not forward me to the existing links on the same problem. I just bought my son Minecraft and due to this Microsoft account problem installing Minecraft has been the single most complex thing I have experienced in a while. I do not...
  8. It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account: Just purchased a new Windows 10 Home/Student edition. Signed in with my Microsoft 365 account. When I try to download an app from the app store and use the elipsis next to the "Install" button, it says "It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your...
  9. It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To...: How do I add a device/computer so that I can install the game? What do I have to do, and please provide the steps for both PC and Mac, and Mac Pro. Thanks!...
  10. It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To...: It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account. * Moved from Community Participation Center...