Windows 10: I live in a remote area so do I need wi-fi security turned on?

Discus and support I live in a remote area so do I need wi-fi security turned on? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I get the Wi-Fi network not secure in Windows 10 warning periodically. Should I ignore it if there is no chance of anyone picking up my signal? I live... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tim06, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Tim06 Win User

I live in a remote area so do I need wi-fi security turned on?

I get the Wi-Fi network not secure in Windows 10 warning periodically. Should I ignore it if there is no chance of anyone picking up my signal? I live more than a block from anyone and too far from a road.

:)

Tim06, Jan 8, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Wi-Fi Alliance introduces Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WPA3 security

Read more: Wi-Fi Alliance introduces Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WPA3 security | Wi-Fi Alliance

See also:

Brink, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Wi-Fi Alliance introduces Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WPA3 security

Read more: Wi-Fi Alliance introduces Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WPA3 security | Wi-Fi Alliance

See also:

Brink, Jan 8, 2021
  4. I live in a remote area so do I need wi-fi security turned on?

Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

I live in a remote area so do I need wi-fi security turned on?

1. I live in a remote area so do I need wi-fi security turned on? - Similar Threads - live remote area

2. How do i connect to wi-fi?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i connect to wi-fi?: Just installed windows 11 but there is no wifi, i check to see and there's no option for wifi only Ethernet. I went into the the system to see the adapters however only an Ethernet adapter appeared. How do i fix this? for further information the motherboard I am using is the...
  3. How do i connect to wi-fi?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i connect to wi-fi?: Just installed windows 11 but there is no wifi, i check to see and there's no option for wifi only Ethernet. I went into the the system to see the adapters however only an Ethernet adapter appeared. How do i fix this? for further information the motherboard I am using is the...
  4. New laptop and wi- Fi stating turned off? How do I turn on wi fi on my laptop. Not connecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop and wi- Fi stating turned off? How do I turn on wi fi on my laptop. Not connecting.: New Laptop and connection issues. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-laptop-and-wi-fi-stating-turned-off-how-do-i/f53500d4-f974-4ede-9b16-c1df70f9cc20
  5. New laptop and wi- Fi stating turned off? How do I turn on wi fi on my laptop. Not connecting.

New laptop and wi- Fi stating turned off? How do I turn on wi fi on my laptop. Not connecting.: New Laptop and connection issues. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-laptop-and-wi-fi-stating-turned-off-how-do-i/f53500d4-f974-4ede-9b16-c1df70f9cc20
  6. Wi-Fi connection issues No Wi-Fi, Secured

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi connection issues No Wi-Fi, Secured: Shows I have “no Wi-Fi, secured” no one else connected is having this issue, it’s fine after I reset the router however but the next time I turn the computer off and back on, the same issue...
  7. Wi-Fi connection issues No Wi-Fi, Secured

Wi-Fi connection issues No Wi-Fi, Secured: Shows I have “no Wi-Fi, secured” no one else connected is having this issue, it’s fine after I reset the router however but the next time I turn the computer off and back on, the same issue...
  8. No option to turn Wi-Fi on

No option to turn Wi-Fi on: I don't have any issue with my connection until today when I turned off my wi-fi I tried to connect again but the option turns it on is now missing. O got to settings and follow the troubleshooter, but it won't work. Restarting PC does not help either....
  9. Wi-Fi network not secure

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wi-Fi network not secure: how do I fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-network-not-secure/8e566085-6577-435c-b7ae-ad540d7b8bf9
  10. Wi-fi Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wi-fi Security: I am using a laptop to connect to my mobile hotspot. Both the devices use a VPN, and always have. It is currently showing a tiny monitor that says, "unidentified network", however, I do have a working wi-fi connection. Whereas, before the icon was showing the radiating curved...