Windows 10: I locked mt drive with bitlocker but i am unable to give password and open drive . The...

Discus and support I locked mt drive with bitlocker but i am unable to give password and open drive . The... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can you give me the solution why i am unable to unlock my drive protected with bit locker and password box is not even showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mhad Bashir, Mar 29, 2023.

1. I locked mt drive with bitlocker but i am unable to give password and open drive . The...

Can you give me the solution why i am unable to unlock my drive protected with bit locker and password box is not even showing

:)

Mhad Bashir, Mar 29, 2023
  2. mcraygsx Win User

Windows 8.1 PRO unable to unlock Bitlocked drive

As you can see BitLocker Option is not highlighted for selection. It's like Windows does not even recognize this drive as a locked drive. And this drive does contain lot of Data.

I locked mt drive with bitlocker but i am unable to give password and open drive . The... QDhU4Ht.png

mcraygsx, Mar 29, 2023
  3. Bitlocker drive got currupted

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

From the description, it appears that you were able to recover the data using third party application. So now, are you trying to encrypt/decrypt the bit locker in Windows 10?

I suggest you to check the below steps and see if it helps.

To Encrypt Drive Partition using Bitlocker you need to access BitLocker Encryption Window First. For this,

• Open
      Cortana Search

• Type
      BitLocker
      in the search field.

• And in the search results select
      Manage BitLocker option.

• BitLocker
      Drive Encryption window pops up on your screen.
    How to Encrypt Drive Partition using Bitlocker

• By following the above steps, you are into the
      BitLocker Drive Encryption window.

• Now you can see all the drives of your computer listed on that window.

• Look for the drive that you want to encrypt and click on
      Turn On BitLocker option of that drive to Encrypt Drive Partition using Bitlocker.

• Another
      BitLocker Encryption
      window will appear on your screen.

• Here you will be asked
      How you want to unlock the drive.

• You have two options,
      password and smart card. I opted for the password method. So click on
      Use a password to unlock this drive.

• It will ask you to provide a strong
      password.

• Remember that you will need this password at every stage when you boot
      Windows 10. And also carefully remember the password as with the wrong password you will not be able to use encrypted system correctly.

• Click
      Next
      after entering and confirming the password.

• Now you will have to
      back up your recovery key. In future, if you face any difficulty in accessing the encrypted drives then this key will be helpful.

• Choose the preferred location and click
      Next.

• In the following window, you have decided that
      how much of a drive you will like to encrypt.

• Choose the desired option and click
      Next.

• The next window will ask
      Are you ready to encrypt the drive.

• Click on Start Encrypting
      option.

• The process of encryption drive partition is over.

• Restart your system.

• You will see that encrypted drive is locked.

• When you double-click it to open it, you will be asked to provide the
      password.

• Enter the
      password
      and click Unlock.

• On the
      Notification Area
      of the Taskbar, a pop-up box will appear showing you the encryption process going on in the background of the desktop.

• After the completion of the encryption, you will be informed about it.
    Hope it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Mar 29, 2023
  4. mcraygsx Win User

I locked mt drive with bitlocker but i am unable to give password and open drive . The...

Windows 8.1 PRO unable to unlock Bitlocked drive

Here is the screenshot

imgur.com
    As you can see Drive D is no longer present in BitLocker Drive Encryption.

When I click on this Drive under Explorer I got the option to FORMAT this Drive and when I click cancel I get the following.
    imgur.com
    When I do Right Click on this Drive, I no longer see BitLocker option like I used to.

mcraygsx, Mar 29, 2023
Thema:

I locked mt drive with bitlocker but i am unable to give password and open drive . The...

1. I locked mt drive with bitlocker but i am unable to give password and open drive . The... - Similar Threads - locked drive bitlocker

2. i forgot my password and my drive is bitlock encrypted and i am unable to open my windows now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i forgot my password and my drive is bitlock encrypted and i am unable to open my windows now: i forgot my password and my drive is bitlock encrypted and i am unable to open my windows now because i also forgot my Microsoft id and password...
  3. i forgot my password and my drive is bitlock encrypted and i am unable to open my windows now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i forgot my password and my drive is bitlock encrypted and i am unable to open my windows now: i forgot my password and my drive is bitlock encrypted and i am unable to open my windows now because i also forgot my Microsoft id and password...
  4. Locked laptop, no password, Bitlocker locks the drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked laptop, no password, Bitlocker locks the drive: A colleague expired recently and left his laptop issued by the office locked and Bitlocker locks the drive. We don't know what password he used and the Bitlocker recovery key. How can we reformat the laptop if there's no other way to access it?...
  5. Locked laptop, no password, Bitlocker locks the drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked laptop, no password, Bitlocker locks the drive: A colleague expired recently and left his laptop issued by the office locked and Bitlocker locks the drive. We don't know what password he used and the Bitlocker recovery key. How can we reformat the laptop if there's no other way to access it?...
  6. I locked mt drive with bitlocker but i am unable to give password and open drive . The...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I locked mt drive with bitlocker but i am unable to give password and open drive . The...: Can you give me the solution why i am unable to unlock my drive protected with bit locker and password box is not even showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-locked-mt-drive-with-bitlocker-but-i-am-unable/7d972f4c-b138-48bd-80dc-e7b212982ece
  7. I locked mt drive with bitlocker but i am unable to give password and open drive . The...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I locked mt drive with bitlocker but i am unable to give password and open drive . The...: Can you give me the solution why i am unable to unlock my drive protected with bit locker and password box is not even showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-locked-mt-drive-with-bitlocker-but-i-am-unable/7d972f4c-b138-48bd-80dc-e7b212982ece
  8. External Hard Drive Locked with Bitlocker Automatically - Unable to Open It

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    External Hard Drive Locked with Bitlocker Automatically - Unable to Open It: Hi there, I need help with my external hard drive which has all my data and I badly need to recover it. I don't know but there has been some technical glitch due to which the bitlocker lock is appearing on my external hard drive. Neither I nor anybody else turned on...
  9. unable to unlock drive locked with bitlocker, although i have password & recovery key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to unlock drive locked with bitlocker, although i have password & recovery key: hi, My laptop is switching off after 5mins of booting up. the service center said most probably the hard disk is crashing & it needs to be chamged, so i wanted to backup my data in another computer. but i have a drive bitlock encrypted. although i have the right password...
  10. Unable to unlock USB drives encrypted/locked with Bitlocker To Go

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to unlock USB drives encrypted/locked with Bitlocker To Go: Hey All, Recently my company provided me with a Windows 10 SOE image as part of a UAT. The image includes Symantec Endpoint Encryption which utilizes Bitlocker for encryption. I went through all of the motions with the C:\ drive to be encrypted and even printed the...