Windows 10: I locked my FN keys somehow. Now i can’t use media keys, any help?

Discus and support I locked my FN keys somehow. Now i can’t use media keys, any help? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, as the title stated i locked my FN key by pressing something and now i can’t use the media keys . I am using a desktop computer. My keyboard is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/duckbucktheluckthuk, Feb 23, 2020.

1. I locked my FN keys somehow. Now i can’t use media keys, any help?

Hey, as the title stated i locked my FN key by pressing something and now i can’t use the media keys . I am using a desktop computer. My keyboard is Red Dragon Kuruma. And before you ask, yes the FN key work i can change the backlight of the keyboard.

submitted by /u/duckbucktheluckthuk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/duckbucktheluckthuk, Feb 23, 2020
  2. 5DVX0130 Win User

FN key always on

If you press “Num Lock" (might also be labeled "Num Lk”) (I’ve also seen it labeled “Pad Lock” for numeric Pad) it turns on the blue keys, and inverts the meaning of the “Fn” key – it’s a way to use that embedded numeric keypad without having to hold down the “Fn” key the entire time. To fix it, just find and press the “Num Lock” or “Pad Lock” key again. (Note, sometimes these keys are themselves “Fn” keys, so you may, or may not, need to also hold down the “Fn” key to get the right function.) Often there is an indicator light associated with the setting.

5DVX0130, Feb 23, 2020
  3. FN key always on

To clarify, I was saying "Accessibility" features maybe be controlled via the BIOS, not the Fn keys. And one of the Accessibility features makes the keys "sticky". This allows folks with some disabilities to press, for example, the Ctrl key, then the Alt key, and then Del in sequence instead of all at once. Same with the Fn key. The sticky feature would let you first press the Fn key, and then the F9 key (for example) and not Fn + F9 at the same time to enable/disable whatever Fn + F9 does with that notebook (it is the touchpad on my Toshiba).

Bill_Bright, Feb 23, 2020
  4. mino1337 Win User

I locked my FN keys somehow. Now i can’t use media keys, any help?

Fn key/media keys not working

Hi community,

Problem:

• I have a problem with my dell laptop's ( G5 5590) Fn key.
    Description:

1. My Fn key does not work sometimes.
    2. After a restart or a boot it works fine but after waking from sleep it doesn't.

Why I think it's a software issue:

• I went through the dell diagnosing tool ( something like bios) to see if the key went bad but it works there.

What I think the problem is:

1. Some service fails to boot .
    2. some app is taking over the media keys control.
    I hope someone can solve this.

Thank you.

mino1337, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

I locked my FN keys somehow. Now i can’t use media keys, any help?

1. I locked my FN keys somehow. Now i can’t use media keys, any help? - Similar Threads - locked keys somehow

2. Can't find my FN-lock key :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find my FN-lock key :: Hello. I can't find my FN-lock button. Is it possible that my keyboard doesn't have one?If so, is there another way to activate fn-lock? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-fn-lock-key/4df35077-59c7-4f55-bc89-bf382a7c829a
  3. Can't find my FN-lock key :

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find my FN-lock key :: Hello. I can't find my FN-lock button. Is it possible that my keyboard doesn't have one?If so, is there another way to activate fn-lock? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-fn-lock-key/4df35077-59c7-4f55-bc89-bf382a7c829a
  4. HELP Fn key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP Fn key: my fn key is stuck on and no matter what I do I cant shut it off and I have no clue what turned it on. I have an Acer Spin 1 using windows 10 in s mode if that is needed. i have looked it up and tried whatever I could find but no luck....
  5. HELP Fn key

HELP Fn key: my fn key is stuck on and no matter what I do I cant shut it off and I have no clue what turned it on. I have an Acer Spin 1 using windows 10 in s mode if that is needed. i have looked it up and tried whatever I could find but no luck....
  6. HELP Fn key

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Media and FN keys not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media and FN keys not working: I'm using an Apple wireless keyboard on Windows 10 without any third party software or the bootcamp driver installed and have been using the keyboard fine with media and FN key functioning as normal (volume changing windows system volume, media keys controlling current media...
  8. Need help locking/unlocking fn key.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help locking/unlocking fn key.: My fn key has no light. I do not have a fn lock button. None of the shortcuts work. When I open BIOS, there is no "Action Keys Mode." Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-lockingunlocking-fn-key/c9ebdb3c-7da5-472f-bed6-7e23b84319a9
  9. Fn key/media keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fn key/media keys not working: Hi community, Problem: I have a problem with my dell laptop's ( G5 5590) Fn key. Description: My Fn key does not work sometimes. After a restart or a boot it works fine but after waking from sleep it doesn't. Why I think it's a software issue: I went through...
  10. FN lock ONLY 1 FN key

FN lock ONLY 1 FN key: My F1-F12 keys also serve as system shortcuts (e.g. volume up/down) but I also use F4 a lot with Excel. I'd like to default to the system controls but not have to hit FN + F4 to use that functionality. Is there any way FN lock F4 only? Maybe the registry or some kind of...