Windows 10: i LOCKED MYSELF OUT OF COMPUTER. Links dont work on sign in page either. Can I recover my...

Discus and support i LOCKED MYSELF OUT OF COMPUTER. Links dont work on sign in page either. Can I recover my... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Links dont work on sign in page either. Can I recover my password for that computer from this computer? or any other suggestion would be very welcome... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PacoFlacco, Jan 11, 2020.

1. i LOCKED MYSELF OUT OF COMPUTER. Links dont work on sign in page either. Can I recover my...

Links dont work on sign in page either. Can I recover my password for that computer from this computer? or any other suggestion would be very welcome

:)

PacoFlacco, Jan 11, 2020
  2. scottrh1 Win User

Remove Lock-screen & Sign-in page on Windows 10 laptop

Correct, but as the thread title suggests, it is for folk who don't need security & wish to remove the lock-screen and sign-in page in order to access the desk-top immediately.

scottrh1, Jan 11, 2020
  3. sign in page does not work computer locked

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand the inconvenience of not being able to sign-in to PC after entering the correct password. There could be several reasons for this cause. Let me ask you;

• Do you use Microsoft Account or local account to sign-in to the PC?
    • Do you remember making any specific change in the password?
    It is unfortunate that you are facing this issue. I would request you to refer to the suggestions provided by

Cliff_N replied on December 7, 2012

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Jan 11, 2020
  4. scottrh1 Win User

i LOCKED MYSELF OUT OF COMPUTER. Links dont work on sign in page either. Can I recover my...

Remove Lock-screen & Sign-in page on Windows 10 laptop

This solution works for Windows 10 Home, Version 1607, OS build 14393.1198.
    To remove Lock-screen & Sign-in page in Win 10 Home (i.e. go straight to Desktop from Startup or Sleep mode) you must first set up a password, even though you don’t require it, in order to get the “Require sign-in” option to appear above the “Windows Hello” in Sign-in options.
    1 Go to the “Password” option. Enter a password & confirm.
    2 Restart computer. The lock screen followed by the sign-in page will appear. Use the password to open Windows then go to Settings/Accounts/Sign-in and select “Never” under “Require sign-in”.
    3 Right click the windows icon on the left of the taskba rand click Run. Enter “netplwiz” and click OK. Uncheck “Users must enter username and password to use this computer”.
    4 When restarting computer it will go straight to Desktop.

scottrh1, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

i LOCKED MYSELF OUT OF COMPUTER. Links dont work on sign in page either. Can I recover my...

1. i LOCKED MYSELF OUT OF COMPUTER. Links dont work on sign in page either. Can I recover my... - Similar Threads - LOCKED MYSELF COMPUTER

2. I accidentally locked myself out of my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I accidentally locked myself out of my laptop: I recently got a message on my phone that my microsoft account may be conpromised and when i logged into the website I saw 2 devices logged in.I didn't recgonise one of them so I locked it out and removed it.I actually forgot that my laptop is logged into the same account as...
  3. I accidentally locked myself out of my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally locked myself out of my laptop: I recently got a message on my phone that my microsoft account may be conpromised and when i logged into the website I saw 2 devices logged in.I didn't recgonise one of them so I locked it out and removed it.I actually forgot that my laptop is logged into the same account as...
  4. I accidentally locked myself out of my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I locked myself out of my PC for GOOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I locked myself out of my PC for GOOD.: I locked myself out of my PC for GOOD.Hi all, I don't have an administrator account on my laptop and I remotely locked my PC without knowing I would need an admin account to unlock it. I literally cannot log in to my PC. Would it work if I unlinked my PC from the account?...
  6. I locked myself out of my PC for GOOD.

I locked myself out of my PC for GOOD.: I locked myself out of my PC for GOOD.Hi all, I don't have an administrator account on my laptop and I remotely locked my PC without knowing I would need an admin account to unlock it. I literally cannot log in to my PC. Would it work if I unlinked my PC from the account?...
  7. Locked myself out of my computer.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked myself out of my computer.: I thought someone had access to my Microsoft acct and blocked their computer.. Unfortunately it was my computer. Now I can't get back in. It ask for a pin but tells me an administrator has restricted sign in. I can not sign in at all. I won't even start in safe mode. I need...
  8. Locked myself out of my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked myself out of my computer.: I thought someone had access to my Microsoft acct and blocked their computer.. Unfortunately it was my computer. Now I can't get back in. It ask for a pin but tells me an administrator has restricted sign in. I can not sign in at all. I won't even start in safe mode. I need...
  9. Locked myself out of my computer.

10. I locked myself out of my own folder

in Windows 10 Support
    I locked myself out of my own folder: I was experimenting with security options on a single file to try and take permission from anyone to delete/modify it. Settings i was playing with are located in (Right Click)>Properties>Security>Advanced. I clicked "Disable inheritance", and proceeded to change "Access"-es...