Windows 10: I locked myself out of my computer PC running Windows 10. I'm the administrator but forgot...

Discus and support I locked myself out of my computer PC running Windows 10. I'm the administrator but forgot... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I mistakenly locked myself out of my own computer and I'm the administrator. Forgot my PIN number. I'm presently on the Windows Home Screen and can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TonyPaluch, Nov 11, 2022.

1. I locked myself out of my computer PC running Windows 10. I'm the administrator but forgot...

I mistakenly locked myself out of my own computer and I'm the administrator. Forgot my PIN number. I'm presently on the Windows Home Screen and can't sign in. Where can I get help?

:)

TonyPaluch, Nov 11, 2022

2. No "Forgot Password" Prompt on Windows PC Lock Screen

Hello,

I woke up and forgot the password to my local account on the PC this morning, and the "I forgot my password prompt" is nowhere to be seen, so I can't get into my computer (Dell XPS PC running most recent version of Windows 10 and Office 365). I am the administrator
    on the PC.
    I locked myself out of my computer PC running Windows 10.  I'm the administrator but forgot... [​IMG]

We have tried:

• Power cycling/restarting the computer
    • Using an old password
    • We can't do a factory reset because we can't log in
    Any fixes on either getting the "forgot password" prompt on the lock screen to show up and/or remotely resetting a local windows account password?

Thanks,

Lee

leelanders, Nov 11, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 11, 2022
  4. I locked myself out of my computer PC running Windows 10. I'm the administrator but forgot...

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 11, 2022
Thema:

I locked myself out of my computer PC running Windows 10. I'm the administrator but forgot...

1. I locked myself out of my computer PC running Windows 10. I'm the administrator but forgot... - Similar Threads - locked myself computer

2. I locked myself out of my PC for GOOD.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I locked myself out of my PC for GOOD.: I locked myself out of my PC for GOOD.Hi all, I don't have an administrator account on my laptop and I remotely locked my PC without knowing I would need an admin account to unlock it. I literally cannot log in to my PC. Would it work if I unlinked my PC from the account?...
  3. I locked myself out of my PC for GOOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I locked myself out of my PC for GOOD.: I locked myself out of my PC for GOOD.Hi all, I don't have an administrator account on my laptop and I remotely locked my PC without knowing I would need an admin account to unlock it. I literally cannot log in to my PC. Would it work if I unlinked my PC from the account?...
  4. I locked myself out of my PC for GOOD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I locked myself out of my computer PC running Windows 10. I'm the administrator but forgot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I locked myself out of my computer PC running Windows 10. I'm the administrator but forgot...: I mistakenly locked myself out of my own computer and I'm the administrator. Forgot my PIN number. I'm presently on the Windows Home Screen and can't sign in. Where can I get help?...
  6. I locked myself out of my computer PC running Windows 10. I'm the administrator but forgot...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I locked myself out of my computer PC running Windows 10. I'm the administrator but forgot...: I mistakenly locked myself out of my own computer and I'm the administrator. Forgot my PIN number. I'm presently on the Windows Home Screen and can't sign in. Where can I get help?...
  7. Locked myself out of my computer.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked myself out of my computer.: I thought someone had access to my Microsoft acct and blocked their computer.. Unfortunately it was my computer. Now I can't get back in. It ask for a pin but tells me an administrator has restricted sign in. I can not sign in at all. I won't even start in safe mode. I need...
  8. Locked myself out of my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked myself out of my computer.: I thought someone had access to my Microsoft acct and blocked their computer.. Unfortunately it was my computer. Now I can't get back in. It ask for a pin but tells me an administrator has restricted sign in. I can not sign in at all. I won't even start in safe mode. I need...
  9. Locked myself out of my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Accidentally Locked Myself Out Of Administrator.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Accidentally Locked Myself Out Of Administrator.: I know, this was quite dumb of me. I didn't know what was going to happen, so here goes. Yesterday, I tried to fix something in my administrator settings, and my only account is just a guest user. I've tried all I could, using the regedit and the SAM file stuff, and I tried...