Windows 10: I locked myself out of my own folder

Discus and support I locked myself out of my own folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was experimenting with security options on a single file to try and take permission from anyone to delete/modify it. Settings i was playing with are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Querh, May 21, 2020.

1. Querh Win User

I locked myself out of my own folder

I was experimenting with security options on a single file to try and take permission from anyone to delete/modify it.
    Settings i was playing with are located in (Right Click)>Properties>Security>Advanced.

I clicked "Disable inheritance", and proceeded to change "Access"-es for all users, except system (Took away full access, modify and write permissions).

However, files inside one folder(But not the folder himself) went full rebel mode, and completely removed all users except system in same settings window (I forgot how to access the same window but it looks like this Screenshot by Lightshot

Screenshot by Lightshot - how the settings look like in Properties>Security>Advanced.

Is there a way to lift the lock or delete the files? I dont need them so i'd like to get rid of this in any way.

:)

Querh, May 21, 2020

2. Folder locked and dissapeared after unlock

Well here's something i found on this:

Lost my files in Folder Lock

But it doesn't work here , i don't have that folder.

Can somebody help me searching for a solution , tnx.

EDIT:

I did that and that's when the folder just disappeared but the data is still there, the program is very confusing about restoring files , it says that "files should become unlocked automatically" ... so where the heck are manual unlocking instructions.

It's not an encrypt , it's just a password lock , so data is all open. The problem is, i would get like 225 GB of individual files off the HDD recovery , i just want the harder way of accessing the folder but getting the folder structure , where can i find the time to SORT 220 GB of data omg.

RuskiSnajper, May 21, 2020
  3. Free Folder Lock?

Is there a free Folder Lock?

I know that windows has feature that can make your folders invisible but it dont lock right?

I am seeking a program that lock folder and make it invisible but free. is there exist? or only the pay ones?

HiddenStupid, May 21, 2020
  4. AddSub Win User

Free Folder Lock?

panchoman, dude?

HiddenStupid, this might work. (not sure if it works on NTFS)

Hide Folder HiBit lock 7.2.8

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Security-Related/Hide-Folder-HiBit-lock.shtml

· Protect any folder or file by : Hide, Lock, Encrypt or make a folder as a recycle Bin.
    · The protected folders or files still protected even in other computers.
    · The protect Operation just take 1 second at any computer.
    · You can undelete the folder or file by Locking it.
    · Works with FAT32, FAT16, FAT12 and FAT and all windows versions.

10 runs trial and nag screen until registration. Registration is free

So, freeware after free registration.

Plenty more "lock folder" apps on Softpedia, very few that can hide AND lock.

AddSub, May 21, 2020
Thema:

1. I locked myself out of my own folder - Similar Threads - locked myself own

2. I accidentally locked myself out of my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I accidentally locked myself out of my laptop: I recently got a message on my phone that my microsoft account may be conpromised and when i logged into the website I saw 2 devices logged in.I didn't recgonise one of them so I locked it out and removed it.I actually forgot that my laptop is logged into the same account as...
  3. I accidentally locked myself out of my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally locked myself out of my laptop: I recently got a message on my phone that my microsoft account may be conpromised and when i logged into the website I saw 2 devices logged in.I didn't recgonise one of them so I locked it out and removed it.I actually forgot that my laptop is logged into the same account as...
  4. Locked myself out of my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked myself out of my desktop: Recently I wondered what would happen if I locked my desktop remotely via account.microsoft.com/devices/find-my-device, as seen in screenshot 1. This was partly because it according to microsoft was located in a town 20 km from where it was actually located. Ironically...
  5. Locked myself out of my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked myself out of my desktop: Recently I wondered what would happen if I locked my desktop remotely via account.microsoft.com/devices/find-my-device, as seen in screenshot 1. This was partly because it according to microsoft was located in a town 20 km from where it was actually located. Ironically...
  6. I locked myself out of my PC for GOOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I locked myself out of my PC for GOOD.: I locked myself out of my PC for GOOD.Hi all, I don't have an administrator account on my laptop and I remotely locked my PC without knowing I would need an admin account to unlock it. I literally cannot log in to my PC. Would it work if I unlinked my PC from the account?...
  7. Locked myself out of my computer.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked myself out of my computer.: I thought someone had access to my Microsoft acct and blocked their computer.. Unfortunately it was my computer. Now I can't get back in. It ask for a pin but tells me an administrator has restricted sign in. I can not sign in at all. I won't even start in safe mode. I need...
  8. Locked myself out of my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked myself out of my computer.: I thought someone had access to my Microsoft acct and blocked their computer.. Unfortunately it was my computer. Now I can't get back in. It ask for a pin but tells me an administrator has restricted sign in. I can not sign in at all. I won't even start in safe mode. I need...
  9. Locked myself out of my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Locked out of my own Users folder in homegroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Locked out of my own Users folder in homegroup: Hi, I upgraded this laptop to windows 10 Education from win 7. I have a desktop PC running win 7 Pro. I had a Homegroup set up which was working fine and I could send files back and forth. After the upgrade I simply joined the Homegroup again by typing in the Homegroup...