Windows 10: I logged in and my background changed and game shortcuts ware deleted

Discus and support I logged in and my background changed and game shortcuts ware deleted in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/jintepint [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jsa8ao/i_logged_in_and_my_background_changed_and_game/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jintepint, Nov 11, 2020.

1. I logged in and my background changed and game shortcuts ware deleted

/u/jintepint, Nov 11, 2020

2. Logged into two computers - Deleteing desktop shortcuts

Hello all!

I have a desktop and a laptop and I am logged into both via my Microsoft Account. Currently, if I delete a desktop shortcut on one computer, it also deletes on the other when I don't want it to. If I change the desktop background on one computer, it will
    change it on the other. One of the computers is a gaming rig, and the other is a crappy old laptop, and I don't want unusable gaming shortcuts on my laptop.

How do I stop this from happening? I hope I was clear enough in describing my issue!!

E S Diesel, Nov 11, 2020
  3. delete demo games

If you don't want to see them everyday, you can remove their shortcuts from the games folder.

To do this, follow these steps:

• open file explorer
    • go to windows folder
    • go to start menu
    • go to programs>games
    • delete the game's shortcut from there by tapping-n-holding on the shortcut

TarandeepKaur, Nov 11, 2020
  4. I logged in and my background changed and game shortcuts ware deleted

changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

Change desktop background and colors

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

I logged in and my background changed and game shortcuts ware deleted

1. I logged in and my background changed and game shortcuts ware deleted - Similar Threads - logged background changed

2. I can not change my background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not change my background: I have tried all the 3 steps that are given on your website and I don't know what to do anymore. When I select a new wallpaper it comes on my screen for 2 seconds and then changes back to the old one....
  3. I can not change my background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can not change my background: I have tried all the 3 steps that are given on your website and I don't know what to do anymore. When I select a new wallpaper it comes on my screen for 2 seconds and then changes back to the old one....
  4. I can not change my background

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My lock screen background changes to default when I log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My lock screen background changes to default when I log in: Hello. Can you please tell me how to make the background of the login screen not change to the standard one? This only happens when you reboot or turn off fast startup, as in the video. On normal startup with quick launch, I can see my background. I have a Microsoft account,...
  6. My lock screen background changes to default when I log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My lock screen background changes to default when I log in: Hello. Can you please tell me how to make the background of the login screen not change to the standard one? This only happens when you reboot or turn off fast startup, as in the video. On normal startup with quick launch, I can see my background. I have a Microsoft account,...
  7. Hard ware change activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hard ware change activation: I did a major hard ware change, and I cannot activate now. How do I proceed to get activation code? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-ware-change-activation/8e61afbf-a1de-4003-b67a-770639115e68
  8. Shortcut key to change desktop background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut key to change desktop background: There are a few threads about changing the desktop background. All of these claim there is no shortcut key. All the threads are locked, or I would add this query to an existing thread. Despite the claims to the contrary, I have many times accidentally changed the desktop...
  9. Logged into two computers - Deleteing desktop shortcuts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Logged into two computers - Deleteing desktop shortcuts: Hello all! I have a desktop and a laptop and I am logged into both via my Microsoft Account. Currently, if I delete a desktop shortcut on one computer, it also deletes on the other when I don't want it to. If I change the desktop background on one computer, it will change...
  10. Can't delete Steam game shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete Steam game shortcuts: Hi I recently got a new PC and was getting it set up okay.I found a way to restore the Games folder on for Windows 10(using the shell:games) command in Run. I made copied and my games executables,and then pasted the shortcuts in my newly created Games folder.Now,i did...