Windows 10: I logged into my Microsoft account on my wife's computer, now Microsoft hijacked Windows

Discus and support I logged into my Microsoft account on my wife's computer, now Microsoft hijacked Windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I installed an app from the Microsoft store on my wife's computer. It required a Microsoft login to do that, so I used mine. Well, it applied that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JSeigle, Mar 21, 2021.

1. JSeigle Win User

I logged into my Microsoft account on my wife's computer, now Microsoft hijacked Windows

I installed an app from the Microsoft store on my wife's computer. It required a Microsoft login to do that, so I used mine. Well, it applied that account to everything in Windows and now my wife's computer has my computer's wallpaper, taskbar theme, and I still haven't found out what else changed.

Is there any way to get back to the way it was?

:)

JSeigle, Mar 21, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

3. NavyLCDR Win User
    register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

Just simply log in with your Microsoft Account.
    Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Just go back to using a local account:
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Hopefully the tutorials are step by step enough.

NavyLCDR, Mar 21, 2021
  4. Zakin Win User

I logged into my Microsoft account on my wife's computer, now Microsoft hijacked Windows

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown I logged into my Microsoft account on my wife's computer, now Microsoft hijacked Windows :(

Zakin, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

1. I logged into my Microsoft account on my wife's computer, now Microsoft hijacked Windows - Similar Threads - logged Microsoft account

2. My wife logged in to her Microsoft account, now to get into my PC my wife's credentials are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wife logged in to her Microsoft account, now to get into my PC my wife's credentials are...: My PC is running Windows 11. On my PC my wife logged in to her Microsoft account to update a payment credit card. Now to get into my PC my wife's credentials are requested. She appears to be now the Administrator of my PC. How do I rectify this?...
  3. My wife logged in to her Microsoft account, now to get into my PC my wife's credentials are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wife logged in to her Microsoft account, now to get into my PC my wife's credentials are...: My PC is running Windows 11. On my PC my wife logged in to her Microsoft account to update a payment credit card. Now to get into my PC my wife's credentials are requested. She appears to be now the Administrator of my PC. How do I rectify this?...
  4. Help Microsoft hijacked my computer!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Microsoft hijacked my computer!!: Microsoft took over my computer, everything disappeared all files and photos and took over administrative things. It won't let me use a recovery program because it says I am just a standard user. It changed user name and owner of my computer. What do I do to get my computer...
  5. Help Microsoft hijacked my computer!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help Microsoft hijacked my computer!!: Microsoft took over my computer, everything disappeared all files and photos and took over administrative things. It won't let me use a recovery program because it says I am just a standard user. It changed user name and owner of my computer. What do I do to get my computer...
  6. My wife's microsoft account is locked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wife's microsoft account is locked.: I am setting up a new computer for my wife and her microsoft account is locked. We live in a cell phone dead spot so are unable to receive text messages. I got on chat and was there for an hour in the first spot and then kicked off. How do I unlock her account?...
  7. My wife's microsoft account is locked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wife's microsoft account is locked.: I am setting up a new computer for my wife and her microsoft account is locked. We live in a cell phone dead spot so are unable to receive text messages. I got on chat and was there for an hour in the first spot and then kicked off. How do I unlock her account?...
  8. MICROSOFT Windows Log In hijacked

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    MICROSOFT Windows Log In hijacked: My Microsoft log in screen will not let me type in my password; instead, the password field is full of nonsense . How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-windows-log-in-hijacked/da01f90c-1853-4e64-a392-f18c32a33b8f
  9. Inadvertently activated my Microsoft Account on the my wife's computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Inadvertently activated my Microsoft Account on the my wife's computer: I purchased a laptop for my wife and inadvertently activated my Microsoft Account on it now both my computer and her's have my account. How do I activate her account on her computer without missing up my system? Thank you in advance....
  10. Microsoft is hijacking my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft is hijacking my computer: It has been months now since the latest Windows 10 upgrade and I am going in circles with this upgrade. It barely finished installing it that it starts downloading again, slows down my computer, not allowing me to work, practically hijacking my computer. I have had...