Windows 10: I logged into Office on my laptop with my school and it changed my password?

Discus and support I logged into Office on my laptop with my school and it changed my password? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So i signed into office to use word for school, and when i opened my laptop today it said 'your organization wants you to change your PIN' or something... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DaddyDida, May 12, 2020.

1. DaddyDida Win User

I logged into Office on my laptop with my school and it changed my password?

So i signed into office to use word for school, and when i opened my laptop today it said 'your organization wants you to change your PIN' or something similar. So i had to log in with my school password/ID. How do i change my pin back?

:)

DaddyDida, May 12, 2020

2. Unable to log into laptop after changing password.

Hi Marty,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it could be and we appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to work this issue. However, in order to get clarity, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. Were you using the “Old email (account) address” regardless of not using laptop?
    2. Are both the email addresses linked?
    3. Could you please let us know, where exactly you get prompt for the password for the “Old email address” in the desktop?
    4. What is the exact error message you get when you try to log in to laptop?
    5. Does your desktop has two user profiles?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check.

You would need to have internet connection in laptop, so that the password change could get updated and it seems that the laptop is not connected to the internet, we would suggest you to connect Ethernet cable to laptop and then
    try logging in to the laptop with the new password for the old email address.

We await your response.

Manjunath_H, May 12, 2020
  3. Can't change password to log in windows or add pin

Hello Mathieu,

The issue you are experiencing may have something to do with your profile or with the Windows components of your device. That being said, we will be performing some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this problem. To start, we suggest that you
    change your password via https://account.microsoft.com/. Here's how:

Once done, log in your account to your device using the new password. Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Charianne Per, May 12, 2020
  4. I logged into Office on my laptop with my school and it changed my password?

Can't log in to my laptop/Microsoft school account

Hi,

So for some odd reason I lost access to my laptop. The screen got locked after not using it for a while and when I tried to log in with my pin, it wouldn't log me in. I have tried using my normal password but still no luck. I am using my school account,
    and after resetting that password I still can't log in. At first it said can't access this account, now it says something about credentials. My next step was to access it via command prompt or do a restore, or even a reset but with all my files but it says
    that I need an administrator account. Any tips? Some help would be really appreciated. Ps. I don't have my actual Microsoft account as I am using my school account which is linked to a Microsoft one.

RCastillo1, May 12, 2020
Thema:

I logged into Office on my laptop with my school and it changed my password?

1. I logged into Office on my laptop with my school and it changed my password? - Similar Threads - logged Office laptop

2. My laptop will not sign into the school account for MS office.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop will not sign into the school account for MS office.: What I can do is.I can Sign in to MS Teams + OneNote on my PC and phone at home.I can sign into MSO365 on my PC + phone and Laptop through the web browser.What I cannot do is on my Laptop sign into MS Team or OneNote on my Laptop. The Laptop will not process the login.Yes the...
  3. My laptop will not sign into the school account for MS office.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop will not sign into the school account for MS office.: What I can do is.I can Sign in to MS Teams + OneNote on my PC and phone at home.I can sign into MSO365 on my PC + phone and Laptop through the web browser.What I cannot do is on my Laptop sign into MS Team or OneNote on my Laptop. The Laptop will not process the login.Yes the...
  4. I can't log in to my Laptop with my school account. Why is this happening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't log in to my Laptop with my school account. Why is this happening?: I'm trying to login to my new laptop and I'm setting up windows 10. It asked to "Set things up for work or school". I typed in my school account but it says "Something went wrong, the username looks like it belongs to another organization. Try signing in again or start over...
  5. I can't log in to my Laptop with my school account. Why is this happening?

I can't log in to my Laptop with my school account. Why is this happening?: I'm trying to login to my new laptop and I'm setting up windows 10. It asked to "Set things up for work or school". I typed in my school account but it says "Something went wrong, the username looks like it belongs to another organization. Try signing in again or start over...
  6. How do I reset my password if I forgot my password to log into my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset my password if I forgot my password to log into my laptop?: I forgot both my password and security question answers to log on to my laptop. How do I reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-password-if-i-forgot-my-password/249820e0-5e09-4863-9503-19750c1c40de
  7. How do I reset my password if I forgot my password to log into my laptop?

How do I reset my password if I forgot my password to log into my laptop?: I forgot both my password and security question answers to log on to my laptop. How do I reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-password-if-i-forgot-my-password/249820e0-5e09-4863-9503-19750c1c40de
  8. How do I reset my password if I forgot my password to log into my laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. If I change my laptop password will it change my entire microsoft password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    If I change my laptop password will it change my entire microsoft password?: My brother got a new laptop and I have his old one. Basically, I want to change the password but I think it might change his microsoft password. I have had this laptop for a year and I don't want to make a new account with my email because there is way to much stuff on this...
  10. Problems logging out of my school account in Office 365

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems logging out of my school account in Office 365: Hello, I found some issues today on my account when it does not fully sign out. When I logged in by my sharepoint then tried to log off from the Office homepage, it gave me an error saying "Sorry, but we are having trouble singing you out." It also gave me a code: Request...