Windows 10: I logged on to my computer and half of my stuff is gone

Discus and support I logged on to my computer and half of my stuff is gone in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello today is 2020-05-13 and today I have to do my work while last night my computer was working fine. But what I find strange about all my folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrendanPodolsky, May 13, 2020.

1. I logged on to my computer and half of my stuff is gone

Hello today is 2020-05-13 and today I have to do my work while last night my computer was working fine. But what I find strange about all my folders and downloads disappearing including I'm a student and I had work saved that was not saved on a one drive, that it all happened after I installed the new Microsoft update! So I'm really angry and I know this isn't my fault this is either Microsoft's fault on the new update or something went wrong with the update! so if I could get an answer why this is happening all the sudden it would be appreciated because I've lost a of information including accounts, passwords, games, files, words, and school work! so I would like it if someone would help me out at the moment!

:)

BrendanPodolsky, May 13, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 13, 2020
  3. Autumn20 Win User
    Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, May 13, 2020
  4. Autumn20 Win User

I logged on to my computer and half of my stuff is gone

Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, May 13, 2020
Thema:

I logged on to my computer and half of my stuff is gone

1. I logged on to my computer and half of my stuff is gone - Similar Threads - logged computer half

2. All my files in Downloads and half of my apps are gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my files in Downloads and half of my apps are gone: I woke up today and booted up my PC and saw that the apps in my desktop didn't have an icon and it said they no longer exist, and all the files in my Downloads folder are gone except a file I was moving yesterday from WINRAR to Documents, during that it became stuck and...
  3. All my files in Downloads and half of my apps are gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my files in Downloads and half of my apps are gone: I woke up today and booted up my PC and saw that the apps in my desktop didn't have an icon and it said they no longer exist, and all the files in my Downloads folder are gone except a file I was moving yesterday from WINRAR to Documents, during that it became stuck and...
  4. All my files in Downloads and half of my apps are gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My computer reset itself, and now half of my apps are gone.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer reset itself, and now half of my apps are gone.: What you see below is what my windows home screen looks like now. Once filled with about 60 shortcuts, nearly every single one disappearing. Except only a random bunch. I have reset my computer 3 times, no change. I have left my computer off over night, still the same result....
  6. Half my files are gone after I shutdown

Half my files are gone after I shutdown: Shut down my laptop the night before and in the morning I turn it on half of my files are missing. And this is not right after the windows 10 update. I updared to windows 10 long time ago. I checked the recycle bin I didnt delete any of the files. Help me, please....
  7. PLEASE HELP ALL MY STUFF IS GONE

PLEASE HELP ALL MY STUFF IS GONE: When i tried to make another account for windows i disabled my main account and i cant change it back because i was stupid and now i cant enable my account back and it deleted all my stuff can someone help...
  8. all my stuff is gone!

all my stuff is gone!: yesterday after restarting my computer it had been a while all my stuff disappeared....my desktop background pic was removed to a black screen, icons on my task bar turned into little blank piece of paper icons, file folders on my desktop are gone, lots of programs are gone...
  9. All of my networking stuff is gone after BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All of my networking stuff is gone after BSOD: Same old Page fault error, but now I have no way to access the internet. How do I fix this? Edit My drivers are still in Device Manager, but toggling then doesn't do anything *and the BSOD error mentioned the wireless network adapter, I think submitted by...
  10. i did a update and all my stuff is gone

i did a update and all my stuff is gone: I did a update and all my stuff is gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-did-a-update-and-all-my-stuff-is-gone/77ef77ff-5c62-49ec-b73f-12cec50eeb11"