Windows 10: i look in my extensions and there seems to be a apps extension added by my organisation...

Discus and support i look in my extensions and there seems to be a apps extension added by my organisation... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i couldnt insert the image of it but i cant delete it and have tried many diffrent ways to delete such as registery searching its id updeleting it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by william deadman, Apr 2, 2023.

1. i look in my extensions and there seems to be a apps extension added by my organisation...

i couldnt insert the image of it but i cant delete it and have tried many diffrent ways to delete such as registery searching its id updeleting it through that then deleting its files litterally everything i can think ofim thinking of just deleting microsoft edge

:)

william deadman, Apr 2, 2023

2. Cant set the default app for extensions

Hi Alex,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We'd like to get more information regarding the issue.

1. May I know which app you are trying to set for
      .res extension?
    2. Could you check the app you are trying to set, if it is feasible with
      .res extension?

You may follow the steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Go to Setting >
      Apps.
    2. Click on Default apps.
    3. Click on Choose default apps by file type.
    4. Look for .res extension on the left pane.
    5. Across .res extension, click on
      Choose a default.
    6. Try browsing for the app.

Hope it helps.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Manjunath_H, Apr 2, 2023
  3. How to set a default app for extensions?

Hi Tyler,

Which app are you trying to set for .res extension?

Please try to check the app you are trying to set. Is it feasible with .res extension?

I suggest performing the steps below and check if it fixes the problem.

Go to Setting - Apps - Click on Default apps - Click on Choose default apps by file type.

On the left, search for .res extension

Across .res extension, tap on Choose a default

Try browsing for the app.

Martin Jenkinss, Apr 2, 2023
  4. Arun B J Win User

i look in my extensions and there seems to be a apps extension added by my organisation...

Extensions unresponsive

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Settings > System > Apps & Features > Uninstall the problem Edge Extension(s)

• Go to Store > manually search the store for the extension, then install it again.
    After it's installed, click the 'Launch' button and it will take you to Edge where you can set it up.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Apr 2, 2023
Thema:

i look in my extensions and there seems to be a apps extension added by my organisation...

1. i look in my extensions and there seems to be a apps extension added by my organisation... - Similar Threads - extensions seems apps

2. PowerShell script for recursively adding a specific extension to files that have no extension

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PowerShell script for recursively adding a specific extension to files that have no extension: I have the below PowerShell script to add ".dcm" to any files found in subfolders that do not have an extension. However, when it is run, I get an error for all of the files found that says:Rename-Item : A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument '+'.At...
  3. i look in my extensions and there seems to be a apps extension added by my organisation...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i look in my extensions and there seems to be a apps extension added by my organisation...: i couldnt insert the image of it but i cant delete it and have tried many diffrent ways to delete such as registery searching its id updeleting it through that then deleting its files litterally everything i can think ofim thinking of just deleting microsoft edge...
  4. i look in my extensions and there seems to be a apps extension added by my organisation...

i look in my extensions and there seems to be a apps extension added by my organisation...: i couldnt insert the image of it but i cant delete it and have tried many diffrent ways to delete such as registery searching its id updeleting it through that then deleting its files litterally everything i can think ofim thinking of just deleting microsoft edge...
  5. Ad Blocking Extensions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ad Blocking Extensions: Dear Microsoft Members, Microsoft and ExpertsMy questions are: Because of lot of concerns about protecting data in OneDrive and on computer hard disc, how safe are the use of free adblockers on Microsoft Edge and Chrome browsers? If so what do you recommend for Microsoft Edge...
  6. Ad Blocking Extensions

Ad Blocking Extensions: Dear Microsoft Members, Microsoft and ExpertsMy questions are: Because of lot of concerns about protecting data in OneDrive and on computer hard disc, how safe are the use of free adblockers on Microsoft Edge and Chrome browsers? If so what do you recommend for Microsoft Edge...
  7. Ad Blocking Extensions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. My files have an ".bccebddabd" added to their extensions.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My files have an ".bccebddabd" added to their extensions.: I had reinstalled windows 10 and all every files in "users" folder that I was manually backup Pictures/Documents/Videos subfolders have an ".bccebddabd" added to their extensions. I try renamed them back to their original extensions and still can not open it. How is this...
  9. Edge and adding an extension. Is this correct ?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and adding an extension. Is this correct ?: I've just tried adding 'Bing Translate' which is an App from the store. The App was located and installed via the new extensions tab under 'settings in Edge. Question... I was expecting the App to show in the browser and to be useable from the browser. I imagined I would...
  10. Ad-blocking extensions in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Ad-blocking extensions in Chrome: Hi, Do the ad-blocking extensions in Google Chrome, still just hide the ads instead of preventing them from downloading? I heard that Chrome can't prevent the ads from getting downloaded, but that is a long time back now. Regards, L 82736