Windows 10: I lost 15% of gaming performance after 1903 update

Discus and support I lost 15% of gaming performance after 1903 update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, When I was on the Windows 1803 version, on Userbenchmark, I had 115% in gaming and since a few months, since I updated in 1903, I have 95% in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Serns20, Nov 6, 2019.

1. I lost 15% of gaming performance after 1903 update

Hello,

When I was on the Windows 1803 version, on Userbenchmark, I had 115% in gaming and since a few months, since I updated in 1903, I have 95% in gaming and moreover, I have felt a decrease in FPS on some games.

I reinstalled my drivers, my graphics card, everything but useless and apparently it would be due to the Windows update itself, is that true?

i7 8700 non k, RTX 2070Super

submitted by /u/Serns20
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Serns20, Nov 6, 2019

2. game performance is ruined in 1903

Well, you haven't upgraded yet, and you are coming to conclusions just because others are complaining of the fps drops.

According to the recent benchmark tests, that's not the case. Windows May 2019 Update Performance Analysis (1903 vs. 1809) - 42 games benchmarked with GeForce cards - BabelTechReviews

Some games produce an increase in fps in 1903 vs 1809 such as Battlefield 5 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Albeit only 2 fps difference. But in virtually every test the frame rates have been identical.

BLaZiNgSPEED, Nov 6, 2019
  3. cns00 Win User
    game performance is ruined in 1903

i am still on build 1809 and i am delaying using 1903 for now because i have been hearing that it ruins game performance. thanks for your tip and i will suggest it to others who are having that issue

cns00, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Helmut Win User

I lost 15% of gaming performance after 1903 update

game performance is ruined in 1903

I have not experienced any performance degradation in 6 years through about 5 version upgrades of Windows 10 to 1903 and actually way back to Windows 8.1
    I have recorded the tests, so I know it's true.
    Not as comprehensive as the reference in post #4 but sufficient to get the same result.
    There is no justification to repeat misleading info about what you yourself have not even used.

It is what gamers are doing in the background and how clean a machine they run that matters and they don't tell people about that. They just prefer to blame it all on Windows 10, updates etc, nothing new with that...doubt if that will ever change, just be virally repeated.

Helmut, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

I lost 15% of gaming performance after 1903 update

1. I lost 15% of gaming performance after 1903 update - Similar Threads - lost 15% gaming

2. Poor game performance after recent updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Poor game performance after recent updates: My games, specifically Rockstar games, started freezing and stuttering after april's udates. After uninstalling Windows Defender Antivirus update things became better, but still worse than before. Please, help....
  3. Sound lost after Windows update to 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound lost after Windows update to 1903: Hi, I have a Windows 10 Pro Build 1903 that lost its sound. After the latest update I no longer have a "Speaker" output under my sound devices. The device is a SB X-Fi, connected to simple speakers. I've followed many various threads on how to fix (disable/re-enable,...
  4. 1903 update lost sound

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1903 update lost sound: After Win 10 uptade to 1903, I lost the sound of the PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1903-update-lost-sound/4780b6ed-9e37-4cff-89cc-bd956bba0910
  5. game performance is ruined in 1903

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game performance is ruined in 1903: in old builds like 1803 and 1809 the game performance was ok. after an upgrade to 1903 was done then the game performance spoils and things like fps drops or the game freezes and becomes unresponsive start to happen. that happens in both online games and offline games....
  6. Lost Windows Media Player after update to 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost Windows Media Player after update to 1903: Yesterday I updated to 1903, and now I no longer have WMP. I have tried to get it back and get errors saying it is not compatible with this version of WIN10 and to use Groove Music. I also get an error saying my installation of WIN10 can not be validated. I have kept my...
  7. Slow performance after Windows 10 1903 update

Slow performance after Windows 10 1903 update: I installed update 1903 and now my PC is not only running slower but on startup it takes forever getting the wait circle. In addition to that I am missing the ability of using screen saver pointing to my picture folder. I get an error saying photo gallery has to be set up....
  8. low gaming performance after october update

low gaming performance after october update: ok so I play battlefield 3 now the problem is it feels laggy during gameplay like it is hanging occassionaly it was not there before also some svchost is running when I start playing i5 2500 16gb ram asus gtx770 2gb Samsung evo 860 evo ssd...
  9. Games performance after Win updates.

Games performance after Win updates.: Hey, This problem started to appear for me after the creators updates a few month ago. Any game that I used to run on windowed or borderless windowed mode started to have this sort of flickering that you`ll see in the images. The only fix that I`ve then was to use...
  10. Game performance problems after update 586.11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game performance problems after update 586.11: After the big November update (build 586.11) I started having problems with all games slowing down to a crawl. I have a notebook with an ATI Mobility Radeon R7 and a Core I7 CPU and I never had any problems before this update. So far I've tried a sfc scan, installing...