Windows 10: I Lost Administrator Access.

Discus and support I Lost Administrator Access. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Sorry, but I am furious. I cannot do anything to fix this PC after the latest 10 update and I lost administrator access...I MY PC. I read all these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RichardWoerner1, Dec 28, 2020.

1. I Lost Administrator Access.

Sorry, but I am furious. I cannot do anything to fix this PC after the latest 10 update and I lost administrator access...I MY PC.

I read all these ways to change my account back to administrator access and gee, you need administrator access. Way to go MS.

I tried to reset the PC back to original status but I cannot do that either.

My OC is an HP Pavillion bought at Best Buy that was originally Windows 8, but after being constantly nagged about Windows 10, I made the switch. BAD IDEA.

So, either the PC was not prepared for an majorly operating system change, or, Windows 10 us actually worse than Windows 95. Or, maybe, 10 is just a prettier Vista, you pick.

My question, how do I get my access back without administrator access?

:)

RichardWoerner1, Dec 28, 2020

2. lost Administrator access to my pc, cant change any settings

so when i tried that i got upto step 5.i cant open the config folder

I Lost Administrator Access. [​IMG]

then i click continue and get this

dudeneedshelp, Dec 28, 2020
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

I Lost Administrator Access.

net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Hi Rebekah,

It's possible that you're not using an elevated command prompt, causing the Access Denied error. We suggest following these steps to properly disable the built-in administrator account:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste net user Administrator /active:no and press
      Enter
      . If the command isn't successful, please post a screenshot so that we can study it further.

Let us know if you're able to hide the administrator account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

I Lost Administrator Access.

1. I Lost Administrator Access. - Similar Threads - Lost Administrator Access

2. I have lost ALL administrative access.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have lost ALL administrative access.: I have lost ALL administrative access. My user account only shows me as a standard user. Whenever I try to change anything, the user account control only gives me the choice of "NO". When I try to access safe mode, it only takes me to the crdsecagent$admin account and asks...
  3. I have lost ALL administrative access.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have lost ALL administrative access.: I have lost ALL administrative access. My user account only shows me as a standard user. Whenever I try to change anything, the user account control only gives me the choice of "NO". When I try to access safe mode, it only takes me to the crdsecagent$admin account and asks...
  4. I have lost ALL administrative access.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Lost Access to Administrator Account. Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Access to Administrator Account. Win 10: I have lost access to my Administrator Account. It happened , I think, after a MS Update. I also had to rebuild MS Outlook, which I am still trying to complete. As you must realise the problem of not having an Administrator Account is not workable as you cannot get past the...
  6. Lost Access to Administrator Account. Win 10

Lost Access to Administrator Account. Win 10: I have lost access to my Administrator Account. It happened , I think, after a MS Update. I also had to rebuild MS Outlook, which I am still trying to complete. As you must realise the problem of not having an Administrator Account is not workable as you cannot get past the...
  7. I lost my administrative access in Windows 11

I lost my administrative access in Windows 11: Somehow I accidentally deleted my one and only administrator account which I created manually. Though I have a standard account with no administration permissions, I am now unable to install or uninstall with this account. For this reason, I am also unable to create a new...
  8. I lost my administrative access in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost my administrative access in Windows 11: Somehow I accidentally deleted my one and only administrator account which I created manually. Though I have a standard account with no administration permissions, I am now unable to install or uninstall with this account. For this reason, I am also unable to create a new...
  9. Administrative Access Lost

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrative Access Lost: Hello,So I was trying to enable a program on my account but got an error. "You do not have permissions."So I tried to clean up disk space as admin and received another error."Do you want to allow this program to make changes."It gave the option for 'no' but no options to...
  10. lost administrative access

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    lost administrative access: i have a hp stream 11 and lost administrative access. Could I do a fresh install even though i do not have a key because the unit came with 10 installed/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-administrative-access/cc6a728b-1185-497e-ab15-552139f2bd00"