Windows 10: I lost all my data after logging in another user.

Discus and support I lost all my data after logging in another user. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I wanted to download some games from my Microsoft store so I logged in another user. When I tried to log back in everything was gone from my main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DivisonNine, Oct 15, 2020.

1. I lost all my data after logging in another user.

I wanted to download some games from my Microsoft store so I logged in another user. When I tried to log back in everything was gone from my main account.

I still have steam and my old background but that’s it.

Any help?

submitted by /u/DivisonNine
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DivisonNine, Oct 15, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown I lost all my data after logging in another user. :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Oct 15, 2020
  4. I lost all my data after logging in another user.

User Data lost after windows 10 installation

After upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 I was automatically logged into temp profile. I have moved my user data from my user profile to that temp profile by mistake.

After restarting windows it was by default logged in to my user profile and there was no data. I lost my all data.

Kindly help me to get back my user data.

MaheshBhadoo, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

I lost all my data after logging in another user.

1. I lost all my data after logging in another user. - Similar Threads - lost data logging

2. Lost all my Data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost all my Data: Hi AllLast evening on 23.10.23, there was a new auto -Update for my surface laptop and after that it prompted me for Bit-Locker Recovery ID. Infact i bought my surface about 3-4 years back and moved to the UK. I dont have the Recovery ID and unfortunately i havent stored...
  3. Lost all my Data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost all my Data: Hi AllLast evening on 23.10.23, there was a new auto -Update for my surface laptop and after that it prompted me for Bit-Locker Recovery ID. Infact i bought my surface about 3-4 years back and moved to the UK. I dont have the Recovery ID and unfortunately i havent stored...
  4. Lost all my Data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I lost all my files and data after changing user profile name in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost all my files and data after changing user profile name in windows 11: I bought my computer. When I received my laptop I change my account name but still on the hard drive appear my friends name I supposed it is because I bought the laptop from her amazon account, soo I saw some videos on youtube about "how to change username account" and I...
  6. I lost all my files and data after changing user profile name in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost all my files and data after changing user profile name in windows 11: I bought my computer. When I received my laptop I change my account name but still on the hard drive appear my friends name I supposed it is because I bought the laptop from her amazon account, soo I saw some videos on youtube about "how to change username account" and I...
  7. All Data Lost

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Data Lost: I, like many others lost all my files and data during a Windows update. Even after spending money on file recovery software, I am still screwed. Why does microsoft not provide some type of progam to recover this data since their updates cause the issues?...
  8. lost all user data in windows 10 20h2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost all user data in windows 10 20h2: please some one help me to recover the user data for the windows 10 pc,i currently updated to 20h2 version ,it seems working good for some days but when i switched on my pc today i lost everything...
  9. Lost all my data

Lost all my data: Hi I had the issue of logging on my windows 10 account and i got the message saying "you've been signed out of the profile and logged on a temporary profile". I checked for solutions online and one was to edit registry and deleted temp user registry rename the one with...
  10. Lost all my user data after update - YOU SUCK MICROSOFT

Lost all my user data after update - YOU SUCK MICROSOFT: Dear Microsoft, For once, can you listen to your damn customers and stop thinking about your profits. I updated my work laptop running Windows 10, and you managed to delete all the user data. For the record, all three of my companies are running Linux and Open Office...