Windows 10: I lost all my files when my computer updated

Discus and support I lost all my files when my computer updated in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer forcefully updated with version KB4512508 (OS Build 18362.295) and when it restarted all my files, documents, pictures and videos were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nour_Raddadi, Aug 25, 2019.

1. I lost all my files when my computer updated

My computer forcefully updated with version KB4512508 (OS Build 18362.295) and when it restarted all my files, documents, pictures and videos were gone. I tried to retrieve them through the path : C:\Users\radda but found nothing. I ask if it is possible to retrieve my files and restore them.

:)

Nour_Raddadi, Aug 25, 2019
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Files lost, Internet explorer not reachable, error Ox800703f1

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue in finding the lost files. Let me assist you.

To narrow down the troubleshooting steps, kindly write back to us with the following information.

• Did you make any prior changes before this error occurred?
    • What is the error message you are getting when you try to open Internet Explorer?
    • Have you updated the Windows to the latest build?
    • Check whether the original account exists. (Use the below steps to check)
    • Press Windows key + R key, type netplwiz and press
      Enter key.
    • Check if the user account exits under Users for this computer.
    I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Update the Windows to the latest build.

• On the search bar type Settings.
    • Click on Update and Security.
    • Click on Check for Updates.
    • Read and accept the license terms, and then tap or click Finish if the update requires it.
    Method 2: To find lost files.

Follow the link below to find lost files and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/Find-lost-files-after-the-update-to-Windows-10

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    windows 10 force upgrade! stuck at welcome screen and lost all files after upgrade.

Hi,

Are you able to log into computer?

This issue might have occurred because of upgrade file corruption. Follow the steps below and check.

I suggest you to create a Windows 10 installation media and perform a Startup Repair on the device and check if it helps to resolve the issue.
    This is an alternate way to boot the device and run recovery tools when something goes wrong with the Operating system.

Please follow the steps below to do Startup repair:

Steps:-

• Insert the installation USB drive
              and boot Windows 10 from it.

If you don't have one, you can Create an installation Media.

• In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’
              and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

• Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

• Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Startup Repair’
              and select the operating system.

You may also refer the link below to find the lost files.

Find lost files after the update to Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/find-lost-files-after-the-update-to-windows-10

Do let us know if you are able to log into computer and get all the files and folders.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 25, 2019
  4. I lost all my files when my computer updated

lost

Hello,

In order for us to provide you with an appropriate resolution, kindly tell us more about your concern:

• When did the issue start?
    • Can you tell us if there were any changes made on your computer prior to this concern (i.e., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you visit this link which includes resolutions on how to find lost files
    in Windows 10.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Lizette Ags, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

I lost all my files when my computer updated

1. I lost all my files when my computer updated - Similar Threads - lost files computer

2. how to recover files from excel I refresh my computer and lost all of my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to recover files from excel I refresh my computer and lost all of my files: how to recover files from excel I refresh my computer and lost all of my files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-files-from-excel-i-refresh-my/1808e698-e2c0-45c5-ad4d-fb9b975fcd91
  3. how to recover files from excel I refresh my computer and lost all of my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to recover files from excel I refresh my computer and lost all of my files: how to recover files from excel I refresh my computer and lost all of my files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-files-from-excel-i-refresh-my/1808e698-e2c0-45c5-ad4d-fb9b975fcd91
  4. I Lost All of My Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I Lost All of My Files: My computer was not loading the key pad to enter my pin and sign in. I was stuck on the rotation of scenic photos that it typically runs through in the background. This has been a regular occurrence for quite some time now. In every instance before this one of two things...
  5. why has my computer re booted and lost all my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why has my computer re booted and lost all my files: why has my computer re booted and lost all my files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-has-my-computer-re-booted-and-lost-all-my/83b70f42-b07a-4763-810e-4dbbb31eeeec
  6. i lost all my apps when restoring and resetting my computer.

i lost all my apps when restoring and resetting my computer.: I lost all my apps including my taxes when I reset and restored my computer this morning. how do I restore my apps, or how do I reset my computer to a previous time before all this happened? system restore only has times after it happened. I need to go back to yesterday,...
  7. Edge and lost all of my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge and lost all of my files: I uploaded Edge and lost all of my desktop icons, pictures, and files. How do I restore them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-and-lost-all-of-my-files/0b682565-e2ab-48c5-a86d-f3ce07232049
  8. After the last update when my computer came back up, I lost all my shortcuts.

After the last update when my computer came back up, I lost all my shortcuts.: After the last update when my computer came back up, I lost all my shortcuts. Is this normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update/c9f47ae2-d77c-485d-92f2-2bd100d5881b
  9. update windows 10 or all my files will be lost

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    update windows 10 or all my files will be lost: A message appeared in a popup window warning me that if I did not click the update now button all my files would be lost. I just closed the browser and it disappeared. I assume this is a scam of sorts and not a real threat....
  10. I just lost all my files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I just lost all my files: So to start out let me just say how **** the microsoft support system is. Seriously having to navigate my way through that **** robot just so I can have an opportunity to talk to a person was irritating. What was infuriating was when I finally was able to "talk to a person"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WHY HAVE I LOST ALL MY INFORMATION WHEN MY PC UPDATED