Windows 10: i lost all my permissions for anything.

Discus and support i lost all my permissions for anything. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so basically i was in settings on c disk security and i deleted almost all users in "Groups or user names" except my user (which has limited access). i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JustWantToKnowName, Jan 6, 2021.

1. i lost all my permissions for anything.

so basically i was in settings on c disk security and i deleted almost all users in "Groups or user names" except my user (which has limited access). i was trying to turn off "trustedinstaller" to delete windows powershell. but well i'm stupid and did that and now i can't even go back and edit the text out add or remove people cause i don't have access. i can't run anything administrator, i can't open task manager (it freezes and says access denied in some min), i can't INSTALL FREAKING game cause i don't have permission to give for that freaking installer. what do i do now? how do i bring SYSTEM user and other users back or to default. i went in safe mode and wanted to restore previous saved but it just pops some error. if i download media creation tool to fully reinstall windows it says access denied. please help ?!

submitted by /u/JustWantToKnowName
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JustWantToKnowName, Jan 6, 2021

2. Lost all Administrator permission

Hello,

I have lost all my administrator permission. I have two profiles but both profiles are standard. I have tried every option that were listed on existing forums. Every option leads me to a pop-up screen stating I have no permission. Are there any other recommendations?

needhelptoday, Jan 6, 2021
  3. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

i lost all my permissions for anything.

Permission issue

Presumably because TrustedInstaller is the owner (hence you need its permission), suggesting that img3.jpg was installed by Windows at some time.

Presumably that also means it can be uninstalled. How did you get it in the first place? Where is it located?

If you really want to delete it yourself, then taking ownership would seem a logical first step.

Bree, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

i lost all my permissions for anything.

1. i lost all my permissions for anything. - Similar Threads - lost permissions anything

2. I Lost All of My Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I Lost All of My Files: My computer was not loading the key pad to enter my pin and sign in. I was stuck on the rotation of scenic photos that it typically runs through in the background. This has been a regular occurrence for quite some time now. In every instance before this one of two things...
  3. No permissions to do anything... and I mean anything.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No permissions to do anything... and I mean anything.: At a random point yesterday, I noticed my PC Windows 10 stopped opening files. It was stalling and then giving me the error message "you have not got permissions to access..." as well as "there are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper". I went on to check...
  4. I lost all permission to my laptop windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I lost all permission to my laptop windows 10: [ATTACH]Hello, I can access nothing on my laptop windows 10. I lost all permission as user and administrator. I can't install anything because I have no access to my C drive, I can't use command prompt or powers hell as an administrator, I literally can't do anything on my...
  5. lost permissions

lost permissions: Just recently i have lost permissions to open my photos , i have tried everything ... can some one help please thank you in advance . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-permissions/2fc17712-f593-4d04-ab47-75f664de22e3
  6. Help - Lost all my permissions after installing a program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help - Lost all my permissions after installing a program: Hi everyone - I installed Dungeons and Dragons online and now when I click to open programs like outlook it says I don't have permission. All my files are the same. I checked the permissions of the folders and I am the administrator with full access - so attributes don't...
  7. Lost all permissions for my Local Disk.

Lost all permissions for my Local Disk.: I had been looking around in the properties of my Local Disk, and I hit the security tab. I went into advanced, and I was messing around for a bit, when I accidentally took away all permissions of the local disk from the everyone group. I am not able to access the Local Disk...
  8. Deleted ALL Permissions to C: -- Can not Access Anything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted ALL Permissions to C: -- Can not Access Anything: I accidentally deleted ALL the permissions for my C: drive and get Access Denied whenever I try to access it. I realize this is a common problem many people have but my situation is slightly different. Here is a list of things that I CAN NOT do: Change ownership via C: >...
  9. Lost all Administrator permission

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost all Administrator permission: Ha, ha, Denis! ( @Try3 ) You're too fast: having just read about your posting of this info to the Forums, I was just going to find that link and add it here. But you've already done this, sir. Good job! --Ed--
  10. Lost all permissions and control of files/folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost all permissions and control of files/folders: Hi all, earlier I plugged in the hard drive from my wife's PC into my own PC (both windows 10) so I could try to recover some files from it (as it's currently not booting into windows). As soon as I booted my PC back up I could see the second hard drive was there but...