Windows 10: I Lost all photos while moving them.

Discus and support I Lost all photos while moving them. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just moved all my pictures from the picture file folder to my new SD card disk D, and all the photos are missing or are unable to be opened. I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mingwjy, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Mingwjy Win User

I Lost all photos while moving them.

I just moved all my pictures from the picture file folder to my new SD card disk D, and all the photos are missing or are unable to be opened. I cannot undo actions and don't find them anywhere in the recycling bin. Please help

:)

Mingwjy, Jan 25, 2023
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done I Lost all photos while moving them. :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jan 25, 2023
  3. LOST PICTURES

Hi Wendy,

There is a possibility that the photos were moved to a different location or folder. This usually occurs if there has been a recent change made or updates installed on your PC. To help us provide a solution, please answer the following:

• Have you recently updated your PC or changed any settings? If yes, please follow the steps in this support page article for the suggested solutions:
      Find lost files after the update to Windows 10.
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?

Regardless if you've made any changes or not, we would still encourage you to try the solutions in the article. Once you're done, hit us back and let us know the result.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 25, 2023
  4. I Lost all photos while moving them.

How can I move photos in my album

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you have mentioned about the Photo app.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open Photos app.
    • Open an album.
    • Click on edit.
    • Click on add or remove a photo.
    • Select the photo which you want to add or remove.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

I Lost all photos while moving them.

1. I Lost all photos while moving them. - Similar Threads - Lost photos while

2. I lost all my photos and they're not in my recycle bin either, is there a way to recover them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost all my photos and they're not in my recycle bin either, is there a way to recover them?: I was recently trying to free up space on my laptop and I think I may have accidentally permanently deleted my photos. I checked in my recycle bin but there was nothing there, I tried right clicking on my photos tab and seeing if "restore previous versions" would work but...
  3. I lost all my photos and they're not in my recycle bin either, is there a way to recover them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost all my photos and they're not in my recycle bin either, is there a way to recover them?: I was recently trying to free up space on my laptop and I think I may have accidentally permanently deleted my photos. I checked in my recycle bin but there was nothing there, I tried right clicking on my photos tab and seeing if "restore previous versions" would work but...
  4. I lost all my photos and they're not in my recycle bin either, is there a way to recover them?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Drag photo from Microsoft Photo app closes and hides all apps, moves them to background...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag photo from Microsoft Photo app closes and hides all apps, moves them to background...: Can't really show this in screen shots so I'll explain how to recreate it. It does the same thing on all my computers. 1 Open some apps or programs2 Open a photo in the Microsoft Photo app3 Drag the image from the photo app click and hold down the mouse button while moving it...
  6. Drag photo from Microsoft Photo app closes and hides all apps, moves them to background...

Drag photo from Microsoft Photo app closes and hides all apps, moves them to background...: Can't really show this in screen shots so I'll explain how to recreate it. It does the same thing on all my computers. 1 Open some apps or programs2 Open a photo in the Microsoft Photo app3 Drag the image from the photo app click and hold down the mouse button while moving it...
  7. I Lost all photos while moving them.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I Lost all photos while moving them.: I just moved all my pictures from the picture file folder to my new SD card disk D, and all the photos are missing or are unable to be opened. I cannot undo actions and don't find them anywhere in the recycling bin. Please help...
  8. I Lost all photos while moving them.

I Lost all photos while moving them.: I just moved all my pictures from the picture file folder to my new SD card disk D, and all the photos are missing or are unable to be opened. I cannot undo actions and don't find them anywhere in the recycling bin. Please help...
  9. Lost all photo videos .

Lost all photo videos .: want to recover it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-all-photo-videos/c75c5bf3-eedc-417d-867f-11669c174197
  10. Desktop icons moved to the left side all by themselves and I can't move them where I want them

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons moved to the left side all by themselves and I can't move them where I want them: How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-moved-to-the-left-side-all-by/a6406f14-6c26-4387-b48e-4ea55c5eb732