Windows 10: i lost control on my E drive access in denied. my windows in in C:

Discus and support i lost control on my E drive access in denied. my windows in in C: in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi today i made a seperate login for my children on my desktop. then i thought they should not have access to my Drive E because of my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by luqmanahmad2, May 22, 2020.

1. i lost control on my E drive access in denied. my windows in in C:

Hi

today i made a seperate login for my children on my desktop.

then i thought they should not have access to my Drive E because of my official/personal files,

in the process of hit and trial to secure the drive, did some security changes to the drive E,

right clicked on the drive E;

then = give access to = advanced sharing clicked

new box opened;

in security tab;

in the box: Group or user names

i selected "Users KHAWAJA/Users"

then clicked "edit" button

new box opened

in this one i denied the all checkboxes, mistakenly keeping in mind that i was doing it for users now i have lost control over my drive E:

every time i click on it, it says "Access is denied".

dont know what to do please help.

:)

luqmanahmad2, May 22, 2020

2. access denied c: drive

Disable UAC [User Account Control] which might give access to your C: Drive.

Follow the steps below in order to disable UAC.

A. Open Control Panel.

B.Under User Account and Family settings click on the "Add or remove user account".

C.Click on one of the user accounts, for example you can use the Guest account.

D.Under the user account click on the "Go to the main User Account page" link.

E. Under “Make changes to your user account" click on the "Change security settings" link.

F. In the "Turn on User Account Control (UAC) to make your computer more secure” click to unselect the "Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer".

Source: Imran Chand
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Zackary Vanosdol, May 22, 2020
  3. Access denied to C disk and lost admin rights to system admin account

Hi everyone, i lost administrator right then I can't access c drive so how to solve this problem, please give me step to step instructions for solve this problem

Modified title from: (SOLVED] Access denied to C disk and lost admin rights to system admin account)

ROHIT singh RAWAT, May 22, 2020
  4. i lost control on my E drive access in denied. my windows in in C:

lost access to c drive on windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Try these methods and check if that helps:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to follow these steps to take the ownership of the drive.

a. Right click on
    Drive C and click Properties.

b. Switch to
    Security tab, click Edit and Add to add your user account, if it is not listed. Assign the
    full control permission for your own account and click OK.

c. Click
    Advanced, switch to Ownership tab and click
    Edit button

d. Highlight
    your user account and click Apply, and then click
    OK.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to disable to UAC settings and check.

a. In search
    type User account control.

b. Select
    Change User Account Control Settings.

c. Move the slider to
    Never notify and click Ok.

Method 3:

I would suggest you to go through the article and follow the steps given. Here is the link for your reference.

"Access Denied" or other errors when accessing or working with files and folders in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2623670

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, May 22, 2020
Thema:

i lost control on my E drive access in denied. my windows in in C:

1. i lost control on my E drive access in denied. my windows in in C: - Similar Threads - lost control drive

2. Lost access to C:\ Drive. "Can't open access control editor. Access is denied" error is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost access to C:\ Drive. "Can't open access control editor. Access is denied" error is...: Lost access to C:/ drive.can’t open acceess control editor. Access is denied error is display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-access-to-c-drive-cant-open-access-control/29d42f0e-320d-40e1-b1d2-e2f099c51c56
  3. Lost access to C:\ Drive. "Can't open access control editor. Access is denied" error is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost access to C:\ Drive. "Can't open access control editor. Access is denied" error is...: Lost access to C:/ drive.can’t open acceess control editor. Access is denied error is display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-access-to-c-drive-cant-open-access-control/29d42f0e-320d-40e1-b1d2-e2f099c51c56
  4. C:\ drive access denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C:\ drive access denied: I can't open the C:\ drive, this is after auto repair of the laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-drive-access-denied/e50b6564-56dd-40d6-934c-3a5a1e394e3a
  5. Lost access to C:\ Drive. "Can't open access control editor. Access is denied" error is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost access to C:\ Drive. "Can't open access control editor. Access is denied" error is...: Lost access to C:\ Drive. "Can't open access control editor. Access is denied" error is displayed I recently bought a new MSI Alpha 15 A3dd Last night I tried to change a property on an Turbo c++ , and the machine told me 'Access denied' and the Security pop-up was...
  6. My C drive is not accessible - Access is Denied

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My C drive is not accessible - Access is Denied: My little brother was on my PC, and I guess he fucked around with my administrator settings, now I can't access my c drive. I tried to make another account, didn't work. I would try to open something like a task manager, and it would say windows couldn't access it. If I tried...
  7. Access to C drive is denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access to C drive is denied: Access to C drive is denied, Cannot take ownership, right clicking on it freezes the laptop for 15 sec and access denied message pops up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-c-drive-is-denied/e8ce725f-eb6a-4dd6-b9e9-b3871e097ae2
  8. Access to Drive C: denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access to Drive C: denied: I run Windows 10 and seem to have mistakenly changed some security settings which has resulted in me being denied access to drive C unable to run programs such as MS office apps. Oddly, there are some programs that still works though. After trying most of what I have found...
  9. C drive access denied

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive access denied: I was trying to keep my 120 gig ssd drive just for windows. I have a 1 terabyte hard drive for the rest. In the process I locked myself out. Anything I try to do I get access denied. I still have admin rights, but its worthless. I cant even trouble shoot. Ive tried 4...
  10. Lost access to drive - "Access is Denied"

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost access to drive - "Access is Denied": I'm having a serious issue here with my external USB 3.0 HDD enclosures. They used to work fine with Windows 7. Now with Windows 10 I fought all last week trying to get Windows 10 to see the enclosures. I have no idea what happened but suddenly Window 10 was able to see the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. e drive access windows 10