Windows 10: I lost everything "PLEASE HELP"

Discus and support I lost everything "PLEASE HELP" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So recently I have been getting the BSOD like once a day. So I contacted Microsoft support and they told me to reset my computer... And i did through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Brilliantmember, Jan 31, 2021.

1. I lost everything "PLEASE HELP"

So recently I have been getting the BSOD like once a day. So I contacted Microsoft support and they told me to reset my computer... And i did through cloud reset, and by clicking the option "keep my files". Now there was a list that included "files" that will get deleted... and for some reason I read it as files that "Wont" get deleted. Now All of my files got lost, ALL OF THEM. Is it possible to see that list again where it says "items that will get deleted?" so that i can retrieve at least some of them? Any help will be great... please.

submitted by /u/Brilliantmember
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Brilliantmember, Jan 31, 2021

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jan 31, 2021
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done I lost everything "PLEASE HELP" :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jan 31, 2021
  4. I lost everything "PLEASE HELP"

Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown I lost everything "PLEASE HELP" :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

I lost everything "PLEASE HELP"

1. I lost everything "PLEASE HELP" - Similar Threads - lost everything PLEASE

2. Lost everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost everything: Restarted my computer and it wiped out everything is there anyway to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-everything/b99b4f59-196a-4216-955b-69e1750bf039
  3. LOST EVERYTHING...NEED HELP PLEASE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LOST EVERYTHING...NEED HELP PLEASE: I have an HP Stream 360 Laptop, Windows 8.1. My entire Operating System is gone. I've tried everything to fix....ISO disk image, original drivers, diskpart, command prompt, every resource and solution I could find. NOTHING has helped or has worked. I do not have original...
  4. LOST EVERYTHING...NEED HELP PLEASE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LOST EVERYTHING...NEED HELP PLEASE: I have an HP Stream 360 Laptop, Windows 8.1. My entire Operating System is gone. I've tried everything to fix....ISO disk image, original drivers, diskpart, command prompt, every resource and solution I could find. NOTHING has helped or has worked. I do not have original...
  5. I need immediate help please .. everything is gone !!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need immediate help please .. everything is gone !!: Hello everyone .. I was using a Windows 10 acer device ( not mine, for a family member ) and i noticed that there are alot of unused programs from the control panel so i started to uninstall the ones am sure are not needed like unused players or pdf readers and such .. one...
  6. Please help everything is huge

Please help everything is huge: Everything is big and it wont let me change it the option to change the size of text, apps, and other items is greyed out :( I don’t know what to do... submitted by /u/SavPMA [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ioo7qt/please_help_everything_is_huge/
  7. Lost everything

Lost everything: Hey there, am hoping for some help, I realize this is probably an impossible ask, but nevertheless here I am. About a 2 months ago, my wife’s computer went into an endless loop of ‘diagnosing pc’. After numerous phone calls with Microsoft and endless troubleshooting attempts...
  8. Lost User Account, Administrator, everything... please help!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost User Account, Administrator, everything... please help!: I received my computer by my previous employer when she closed her firm. There was only 1 user account on my computer. I must have been the admin because I never needed permission to do anything. The computer was setup by the employers IT person. I have reached out to him but...
  9. Lost everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost everything: I turned on my computer and it automatically updated my browser from Edge to Chromium Edge. It deleted all of my favorites and saved passwords to important websites that I visit often. How do I get them back?...
  10. lost everything

in Windows 10 Support
    lost everything: Turned pc on and bang lost everything.win ten was asking for me to buy. security license said expired. 10 manager said buy. what the heck happened? 4912