Windows 10: I lost more data due to Window's forced reboot after an update =

Discus and support I lost more data due to Window's forced reboot after an update = in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 10 is a horrible system to be avoided at all costs.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lexiphanes, Aug 10, 2022.

1. I lost more data due to Window's forced reboot after an update =

Windows 10 is a horrible system to be avoided at all costs.

:)

Lexiphanes, Aug 10, 2022
  2. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Aug 10, 2022
  3. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown I lost more data due to Window's forced reboot after an update = :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Aug 10, 2022
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

I lost more data due to Window's forced reboot after an update =

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

Thema:

I lost more data due to Window's forced reboot after an update =

1. I lost more data due to Window's forced reboot after an update = - Similar Threads - lost more data

2. I lost more data due to Window's forced reboot after an update =

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost more data due to Window's forced reboot after an update =: Windows 10 is a horrible system to be avoided at all costs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-more-data-due-to-windows-forced-reboot/bb7f011e-7d83-40a9-a03f-8fc5237b3775
  3. I lost more data due to Window's forced reboot after an update =

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I lost more data due to Window's forced reboot after an update =: Windows 10 is a horrible system to be avoided at all costs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-more-data-due-to-windows-forced-reboot/bb7f011e-7d83-40a9-a03f-8fc5237b3775
  4. data lost due to incorrect update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    data lost due to incorrect update: On my acer windows 10 laptop it was asking for updates. After I ran update and restart, it ran a diagnostic repair and did not boot correctly. I had to restore the laptop using backup restore driveUSB which I had created immediately after first using the laptop. But now all...
  5. Data Lost After Windows Updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Data Lost After Windows Updates: After an update, it seems that some of my information is lost. I have lost all my pictures, apps, security app, etc. Why does this keep happening and what can I do to prevent it in the future? [Original Title: windows updates]...
  6. Lost data after windows update

Lost data after windows update: An unfortunate series of events ended with me losing some important files after a windows 10 update version 1909. Steps to reproduce: 1: After the initial update, my computer rebooted to a nearly clean desktop. Missing 90% of my desktop seemed to only contains certain...
  7. Lost everything due to yet another forced update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost everything due to yet another forced update.: Roughly 3 days after every update, whatever planned obsolescence program windows uses interferes with my graphics drivers and causes an irreversible black screen, requiring a restart. And over the last 6 years this has happened for every update, and only for updates. There is...
  8. Lost all my data due to the last update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost all my data due to the last update.: This happened nearly an hour ago. Windows automatically installed it's recent update while booting and destroyed all my data (software, docs, photos), there are just a few apps left. Started a system recovery which failed. Did this happen to anybody else? Has Windows...
  9. Lost data due to worthless update

Lost data due to worthless update: I was stupid. I let updates be installed when they were available. This time what I got back was a machine with all my settings ad most of my data fucked up. when I did the reboot after the update I had nothing. Most data was gone and I lost all my web addresses. I was...
  10. Lost data due to recent Microsoft update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost data due to recent Microsoft update: Latest update last night removed ALL my data from my document and picture folder. What the heck? How do restore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-data-due-to-recent-microsoft-update/5ec2c295-2401-48c8-8f4c-1f745de31def"