Windows 10: I lost my Administrative privileges again in Windows 10. I am the only user on the...

Discus and support I lost my Administrative privileges again in Windows 10. I am the only user on the... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I lost my Administrative privileges again in Windows 10. I am the only user on the computer. Cannot access USB drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bwprager123, Mar 18, 2020.

1. I lost my Administrative privileges again in Windows 10. I am the only user on the...

I lost my Administrative privileges again in Windows 10. I am the only user on the computer. Cannot access USB drive

:)

bwprager123, Mar 18, 2020
  2. tdburch01 Win User

Administrative Privileges lost on my Windows 10 pc

I returned from a business trip and I have lost all administrative privileges to my windows 10 p

Not sure if it was hacked or the kids did it but all administrative privileges have been lost none the less.

Step one, I reviewed all the information online on windows 8 and windows 10 similar situations.

I tried them all, I have zero privileges to do any of them. I can not create a new account to add admin privileges to.

I can not enable a hidden admin account to work with. I can not use command prompt to do anything related to admin privileges.

I'm basically locked out of all programs dealing with administrative privileges. A app recently failed, and I had to download it again unfortunately, can download it without administrative privileges.

Step two, accept that I can not do this alone and reach out to the community for help.

tdburch01, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Windows 10 PC not recognizing administrator privileges.

Hi Jade,

Damages within the components of your user profile can be one of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with using its administrator privileges. To troubleshoot this concern, we suggest creating a new admin user profile. To be able to create
    a new administrator user profile, you would need to enable the built-in administrator in your Windows 10 device.

To enable the built-in administrator account, follow these steps:

• Using Search type CMD to open the Command Prompt. Right click on CMD then choose Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Yes.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type net user administrator /active:yes and then hit the Enter key.
    • You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log out the user profile you are currently using, and you’ll now see the Administrator account as a choice on the login screen.
    • Using the built-in administrator account, create a new admin user profile.
    • Check if the same issue persists.

Note: The built-in administrator account has more privileges than a regular administrator account. Privileges that can easily generate a conflict on your system. We only recommend enabling the built-in administrator account for troubleshooting purposes and
    you have to disable it once you are done.

To disable the built-in administrator account, access the Command Prompt with administrator privileges. Type the command
    net user administrator /active:no and then hit the Enter key. The built-in administrator account will now be disabled, and shouldn’t show up on the login screen.

Update us with the results.

Darleen Pen, Mar 18, 2020
  4. I lost my Administrative privileges again in Windows 10. I am the only user on the...

Error: "You need administrator privileges to make the changes" on Windows 10

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about administrator privileges to your user account. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• How exactly have you tried to change the user account to administrator?
    • Have you logged in as an administrator using Microsoft account on your device?
    • Have you enabled Built-in administrator account?

Try the below steps if not yet tried and check if it helps.

I suggest you to check the user account and their types on your device.

• Press Windows + R key together on your desktop screen.
    • Type netplwiz and hit
      Enter.
    • Check if there are any other user accounts on your device as an administrator.

Step 1: If you have an account with administrative privileges login through that account and try the following steps to change the user account type:

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type netplwiz and click on Ok.
    • Click on the Users tab.
    • Under Users of this computer: select the account you want to change.
    • Click on Properties button.
    • Select Group Membership tab and select the type of user account.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.

Step 2: If you are a local user, I suggest you to convert the local account to Microsoft account and check if it helps.

Follow:

• Make sure you are device is connected to internet.
    • Click Start and then Settings.
    • Click Accounts and click on
      Sign in with a Microsoft account instead
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

I lost my Administrative privileges again in Windows 10. I am the only user on the...

1. I lost my Administrative privileges again in Windows 10. I am the only user on the... - Similar Threads - lost Administrative privileges

2. A program is asking me to sign in with administrator privileges, but I am the only user so...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A program is asking me to sign in with administrator privileges, but I am the only user so...: See question. Tried Google, answers given as to going in and trying advanced settings have not worked. Program actually has a button saying "Run as Administrator" but when I press this I get told I don't have administrator privileges. Am I going around the bend. Have...
  3. A program is asking me to sign in with administrator privileges, but I am the only user so...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A program is asking me to sign in with administrator privileges, but I am the only user so...: See question. Tried Google, answers given as to going in and trying advanced settings have not worked. Program actually has a button saying "Run as Administrator" but when I press this I get told I don't have administrator privileges. Am I going around the bend. Have...
  4. General User with Administrative Privileges??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    General User with Administrative Privileges??: Currently running Win10 Pro 21H1 with a General User account. When I look in Settings, under my picture is my email address and the word Administrator. Sure enough, to execute a privileged command all I need to do is click "Yes" in the pop-up window asking for confirmation of...
  5. Lost Administrator privileges

Lost Administrator privileges: I randomly lost my administrator privileges and I am 100% sure I was a administrator since it's my computer and I was the only user up until a few days ago. I was able to access everything just fine. I created a user for my sister a few days ago and now I am just noticing...
  6. I am the administrator and only user of my computer but still dont have "full privileges"...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am the administrator and only user of my computer but still dont have "full privileges"...: So as the title says, I'm the only user on this computer and have always been. Recently when trying to save something to my C drive or any of its subfolders I would get an error that I dont have the necessary permission to save in this location and should contact my...
  7. Lost Administrative Privileges Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost Administrative Privileges Win 10 Pro: Somehow the admin account on my PC has lost its privileges. How can I restore them if there is no admin to approve? PS: net user administrator /active:yes does not work because no one has privileges....
  8. lost all my administrative privileges

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost all my administrative privileges: i had logged into my windows 10 with my microsoft account.then it became nearly impossible to remove this account from my pc so that i set up a local account now.since that day all the yes button are grayed out .i cant change my account typt, nothing .i have done everything...
  9. Administrator privilege lost

Administrator privilege lost: After 5 years as owner/single user of my W10 desktop, now I cannot access Device Manager. I get "This app has been blocked for your protection". Could a recent update have caused this? How can I reclaim my administrator's privileges?...
  10. Lost my Administrator Privileges in Windows 10 - need help!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost my Administrator Privileges in Windows 10 - need help!: I am having a serious issue that I need help with asap. Due to several things it seems that I have lost my administrator privileges on my laptop running Windows 10 Pro. I can't remember my administrator password and therefore I can no longer download/uninstall or run...