Windows 10: I lost my Bitlocker recovery key and I am unable to login because it gives me error to...

Discus and support I lost my Bitlocker recovery key and I am unable to login because it gives me error to... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi Team, Can anyone assist me to Bypass my Bit locker key. I lost my Bit locker recovery key, and I am unable to login because it gives me error to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Ismail Bin Ali Kaseri, Apr 10, 2023.

1. I lost my Bitlocker recovery key and I am unable to login because it gives me error to...

Hi Team, Can anyone assist me to Bypass my Bit locker key. I lost my Bit locker recovery key, and I am unable to login because it gives me error to bypass Bit Locker key.

:)

Ismail Bin Ali Kaseri, Apr 10, 2023

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Shafeeq,

Please find my answers to your questions below:

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key? - Yes, I am unable to even start my laptop unless I enter the recovery key.
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer? Nope
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key? Yes. I have a microsoft account and am able to login usually. But i am unable to login when I try to find the bitlocker recovery key.
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional? Windows 10 Home

When I on my laptop, there is a blue screen that asks me for bitlocker recovery key. I have tried asking my laptop company (Lenovo) and my institution both but no one has any answer to this. I have my bitlocker recovery ID number if that can help me find
    the recovery key.

Waiting eagerly for a response.

Thanks, and regards,

Shweta

Singh Shweta Rajkumar, Apr 10, 2023
  3. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 10, 2023
  4. pj04 Win User

I lost my Bitlocker recovery key and I am unable to login because it gives me error to...

Asking for Bitlocker recovery key on login

So I was playing with BIOS settings for reformatting my laptop and reinstalling Windows using bootable USB drive. I didn't succeed and I probably did something stupid. Now I'm not able to login into my laptop. It's asking me for bitlocker recovery key on both disabled and enabled settings of secure boot.

On "Enabled" setting, it says "Bitlocker needs your recovery key to unlock your drive because Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed."

I lost my Bitlocker recovery key and I am unable to login because it gives me error to... 179380d1520127328t-asking-bitlocker-recovery-key-login-whatsapp-image-2018-03-03-20.18.06.jpg

On "Disabled" setting, it says "Bitlocker needs your recovery key to unlock your drive because Secure Boot has been disabled. Either Secure Boot must be re-enabled, or Bitlocker must be suspended for Windows to start normally."

I lost my Bitlocker recovery key and I am unable to login because it gives me error to... 179381d1520127346t-asking-bitlocker-recovery-key-login-whatsapp-image-2018-03-03-20.18.06-1-.jpg

I don't have a recovery key. I don't remember setting one. I even searched for it in my Microsoft account. My device (ASUS X205TA) is listed but the recovery key is not.

Note that I don't have any useful data in the laptop, so I'd be fine with reinstalling windows even if I loose all the data. I just want to be able to use my laptop again.

Thema:

I lost my Bitlocker recovery key and I am unable to login because it gives me error to...

1. I lost my Bitlocker recovery key and I am unable to login because it gives me error to... - Similar Threads - lost Bitlocker recovery

2. Bitlocker recovery key information for an account that i am unable to access

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery key information for an account that i am unable to access: Hi I have two accounts and two laptops. I am unable to access one of the MS accounts, even though i have signed in, it says i cannot access the account. I need the bitlocker recovery key for the same. How do I access the account?Because of this i cannot access the bit locker...
  3. I am unable to find Bitlocker recovery keys from manage recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to find Bitlocker recovery keys from manage recovery key: Hi , I am getting Bitlocker recovery page which is not allowing me to login to laptop, I am unable to find my recovery keys in my Microsoft account...
  4. I am unable to find Bitlocker recovery keys from manage recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to find Bitlocker recovery keys from manage recovery key: Hi , I am getting Bitlocker recovery page which is not allowing me to login to laptop, I am unable to find my recovery keys in my Microsoft account...
  5. I lost my Bitlocker recovery key and I am unable to login because it gives me error to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost my Bitlocker recovery key and I am unable to login because it gives me error to...: Hi Team, Can anyone assist me to Bypass my Bit locker key. I lost my Bit locker recovery key, and I am unable to login because it gives me error to bypass Bit Locker key....
  6. I lost my Bitlocker recovery key and I am unable to login because it gives me error to...

I lost my Bitlocker recovery key and I am unable to login because it gives me error to...: Hi Team, Can anyone assist me to Bypass my Bit locker key. I lost my Bit locker recovery key, and I am unable to login because it gives me error to bypass Bit Locker key....
  7. I LOST MY BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I LOST MY BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY: I LOST MY BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-my-bitlocker-recovery-key/586cdf1a-0a67-4b02-b1dd-b2469fe17c31
  8. I LOST MY BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY

I LOST MY BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY: I LOST MY BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-my-bitlocker-recovery-key/586cdf1a-0a67-4b02-b1dd-b2469fe17c31
  9. I am unable to get the Bitlocker Key Because my Device is Inactive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to get the Bitlocker Key Because my Device is Inactive: This is my first time making a post in this forum. Yesterday I updated my HP laptop and when my laptop restarted, it prompted me to the Bitlocker Key page. I tried accessing My Accounts https://myaccount.microsoft.com/device-list to get the key for my device but unfortunately...
  10. I am unable to get the Bitlocker Key Because my Device is Inactive

I am unable to get the Bitlocker Key Because my Device is Inactive: This is my first time making a post in this forum. Yesterday I updated my HP laptop and when my laptop restarted, it prompted me to the Bitlocker Key page. I tried accessing My Accounts https://myaccount.microsoft.com/device-list to get the key for my device but unfortunately...